Permutations

MrTumnus

so 18 permutations where we avoid bottom. 5 in which we finish bottom and only 1 where we get a win and still go down.

From that to avoid relegation we need either a draw in both games or beat Hamilton. 

horrible that we need to rely on other teams to stay safe altogether but avoiding bottom is up to us.

31 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

I think we just need to wait and see. As with Line Of Duty we can speculate but we'll never guess what turn of events will transpire. It is a slow wait though as we need to wait another week to see what happens... Again like line of duty. 

Just hope it doesn't turn out to be as flat and s**te as Line of Duty. 

A version of all that is going through everyone's head. Just not in that level of detail!

All we can do is make the win - win happen. We are eminently capable of it, but only with (a) the right mentality and (b) cutting out defensive mistakes.

I was surprised at how off the mentality seemed against Motherwell - we can fix that. 

We haven't fixed the errors at the back all season. For whatever combination of reasons, the players aren't good enough.

So we have to go out to win, to attack and to score. We have the players going forward. We've seen all of Lafferty, Burke, Kiltie, Pinnock (yes him) and Oakley perform in the last few weeks.

The Well game was the first where we seemed to show fear and that's the biggest worry.

However, the team we have - shadow as it is of what we have known recently - can get those wins. If it does, I reckon we will escape. But whatever happens we have to learn and jettison many from this squad.

2 hours ago, Prahakillie said:

Because Ross County have been so consistent this season, often stringing results together.

One point more consistent than us in fact! 

At this stage it's about fighting hard exactly the attribute we haven't been showing. If they do lose to Hamilton it's a three way last day scrap irrespective of our next result.

Dress it up any way you like we really screwed up last weekend.

3 hours ago, Harrogate Peter said:

At this stage it's about fighting hard exactly the attribute we haven't been showing. If they do lose to Hamilton it's a three way last day scrap irrespective of our next result.

Dress it up any way you like we really screwed up this season

There. Fixed that for you. 

34 minutes ago, G said:

There. Fixed that for you. 

Agreed it's a season of failures but in many ways Saturday was both typical and the worst. You know, deep down, I do think we're capable of being ten points better than the teams that we're grappling with?

Yet the table doesn't lie and there have been so many mistake ridden inept performances that we deserve to be where we are.

42 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

Agreed it's a season of failures but in many ways Saturday was both typical and the worst. You know, deep down, I do think we're capable of being ten points better than the teams that we're grappling with?

Yet the table doesn't lie and there have been so many mistake ridden inept performances that we deserve to be where we are.

100% agree with you. So frustrating.

5 hours ago, Harrogate Peter said:

Dress it up any way you like we really screwed up last weekend.

Realistically we screwed up by letting Ross County off the hook and leave rugby park with a point in the first split fixture game those 2 points dropped are proving to be crucial! 

2 hours ago, Harrogate Peter said:

I can’t remember a season where we have shot ourselves in the foot so often. Whether it’s stupid little errors which give possession away cheaply and put us on the back foot or massive calamities which gift opponents goals. Almost every defeat we contribute massively to our own downfall and at some point it’s been just about every player.

Pundits, managers and players talk about doing the simple stuff right giving you a great foundation yet that’s arguably what we’ve struggled with the most

8 hours ago, Bbk said:

Realistically we screwed up by letting Ross County off the hook and leave rugby park with a point in the first split fixture game those 2 points dropped are proving to be crucial! 

My recollection was it was Rossco who dropped the points that day. 

We were fortunate to get anything 

1 hour ago, Allan said:

Danny's mistake looking HUGE now!

Danny OG GIF.gif

Admittedly he was at fault for a number of goals but let's not just put the blame on him, it's been a terrible season with players not up for the fight, showing a lack of leadership,  passion, pace, grit, and ultimately skill.  The failure of the season is from board level to the players.  I must stress that the board haven't failed the club as a business but as a football club there have been some pretty big errors.  Hopefully the club can state again that we're an SPL club next season.  For me the massive difference is we have a manager who knows what he is doing!