St Mirren Match Fred

CB

21 minutes ago, skygod said:

The fact we lost a goal so soon after going 2-0 meant that he should have known exactly what to do when we went 3-2.

Once is forgivable. Twice isn’t.

It’s just unprofessional, like Lafferty and Power always playing on a yellow card.

Last time I saw Dundee, Ashworth was heading in set-pieces for fun. Think what he would do with wee Rogers rooted to his line, or how long Broadfoot would last trying to wrestle with him.

And Charlie Adam would have a field day against our midfield as it is.

We are so predictable to play against. The good players do their good things well. The rest make the same mistakes over and over.

Scunnered that we blew winning positions twice. 

Watch Sportscene now Rodgers shat  it pulled his hands away when he should have saved it.  Hopeless.

1 minute ago, Travis said:

I’m not sure we can offer much to alleviate your boredom, and thankfully it’s not our responsibility. If there’s a constant focus on those players, there’s a possibility that you’re simply wrong and that many people can see that they are past their best and a major part of the reason we’ve spent most of the season as relegation fodder. The league table tells its own truth here.

Indeed, in many ways it would be bizarre not to consider the contribution of our captain and our lead central defender in our worst season in a generation. I suspect it’s clear to most that, irrespective of past contribution, both are miles short of what we need and have contributed heavily to where we find ourselves. And here I’m only considering on-field issues, rather than even seeking to address the very major off-field issues which I believe have played a very large part in leading us to today, but that’s well documented elsewhere and also well evidenced; it’s not just made up I’m afraid.

They are clear weak links to the extent I’m amazed anyone can’t see it. That said, I agree they’re far from the only weak links - our goalkeepers are very poor, tonight’s starting fullbacks are desperately poor, and we have an evident lack of depth of quality. 

Defending anyone who wears the badge seems an odd position (and indeed not one you were taking last week with other players), and if that’s them ‘giving their all’ then heaven help us. 

Briefly, on your questions:

Do I believe in Tommy Wright? Jury remains out. Lafferty an excellent move but slow to learn from errors m, relying on poor performers and still failing to get best players on park. I live in hope. 

Did I think he was a good appointment? No, I didn’t. And said so at the time. But now, as then, I hope to be wrong. 

Was Lafferty signing influenced by him? I very much hope so! And it was an excellent signing which has kept us in the running when we could have been down by now. But doesn’t negate other glaring issues. 

Finally, your ‘totally aligned’ team selection has seen us throw away a winning position in the Scottish Cup, make a glaring arse of winnable games and concedes goals for fun time after time. At this stage it doesn’t take a great deal of effort to show up the issues in TW’s selection - which, for example, directly cost us a win tonight. 

Listen, this ain’t Russia. We don’t all need to agree or toe the party line, and that’s a good thing, but it looks more than a little odd to say every decision is bang on and every player is on form when the evidence in front of us proves otherwise. 

To imply that I’m a party liner does not do justice to my time on here. I’ve been very vocal in our bad decisions and failures.  Dyer and Bowie to name but two. I’ve called the central characters to account.

You and others seem intent to undermine two central figures in our survival bid.

Its a simple as that. Broadfoot and Dicker remain big characters in our survival bid. I think they are our best bet of survival - as our manager does - and I dont get any psychology that undermines this at this pivotal point.

Maybe you think that slagging them off and questioning commitment can motivate them? Don’t agree, But at least it’s a theory. Why otherwise at this time would we attempt to undermine our manager?

10 minutes ago, skygod said:

If a manager at this level can’t react and make a substitution before the restart after a goal, they should chuck it.

Check the thread: comfy seat or not, I posted “SUBS ON NOW” after the third goal went in.

You don’t have to have a UEFA Pro licence to call some decisions. 

Easy to shout. It takes 3 minutes ( so I’ve been told) to react post goal. Identifying what want, getting player in position. Getting officials attention. Player on. Intent was there.

12 minutes ago, BluenwhiteARMY said:

People blaming Tommy lol, get a grip. Go support another team, fuds 

Think if you read over a lot of this evenings  posts and digest the content of what a lot of us are saying ( in our opinion as that is the basis of a fans forum) then we are saying our manager had the opportunity to break up play and therefore influence what was happening in a game management sense.

That was the very thing Jim Goodwin did with his interventions and substitutions which had a massive affect on them scoring their 3rd goal.

I'm sure you are realistic enough to see the frustrations we are feeling after a game we should have won if only events hadn't allowed 2 points to be snatched away and for a bit of clarity for you sinking to gutter level definitions of us and advising us to support another team is way off the mark and in very poor taste  please realise we all need to stick together more than ever for the next 1 or 3 games!

34 minutes ago, Silent Bob said:

I’d like to think the GK coach has input into these signings. 

It is baffling if he had no input also wonder how good the goalkeeper training under him is 

but both options are very experienced keepers yet make so many basic errors usually associated with young rookie players 

18 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

To imply that I’m a party liner does not do justice to my time on here. I’ve been very vocal in our bad decisions and failures.  Dyer and Bowie to name but two. I’ve called the central characters to account.

You and others seem intent to undermine two central figures in our survival bid.

Its a simple as that. Broadfoot and Dicker remain big characters in our survival bid. I think they are our best bet of survival - as our manager does - and I dont get any psychology that undermines this at this pivotal point.

Maybe you think that slagging them off and questioning commitment can motivate them? Don’t agree, But at least it’s a theory. Why otherwise at this time would we attempt to undermine our manager?

Look, I get that sometimes the contrarian in all of us just wants to say something different from the perceived wisdom of the day. And also that you want Killie to succeed. 

But I just cannot buy the idea that anyone objectively watching Killie right now could possibly think they’re playing well, are still Premiership players and are contributing to saving us rather than being key parts of the reason we need saving in the first place. 

And I remain utterly firm in my view that no employee gets to down tools and create issues simply because they don’t like their manager’s technique. That is a matter of record, not conjecture, and has undermined the effective management of our core business ever since. We need to start joining the dots here rather than pretending they’re somehow shining on despite everything going to hell around them. 

The evidence is clear that other guys - actually mainly in attack - are stepping up and going the extra mile. 

But let’s be realistic here, I hold less than zero sway with our ‘senior pros’ or our manager. I have no power to undermine them (though the irony isn’t lost on me given their willingness to literally undermine their previous boss). So let’s get real, nothing I say here is anything other than my opinion and a chat, it will have no impact on our performance or finishing position. 

You might even discover TW agrees fully that they’re not up to it and is just trying to stumble across the survival line without the dressing room losing the plot again, before binning them all at the earliest chance. 

And it’s an entirely valid topic on a fans’ forum with a team currently flirting with its first relegation in decades and the same mistakes being made time after time. But, hey, you think they’re doing a good job and it’s not my job to change your mind on that despite the mounting evidence. 

Edited by Travis

21 minutes ago, Silent Bob said:

This stuff again, please explain what these antics are or when he has demonstrated he thinks he’s bigger than the club.  

Is there any truth in this at all? I genuinely don’t know and would like it explained to me.

It’s been mentioned plenty on here what’s happened with them all. It’s also been backed up by people who are a lot closer to the club

10 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Except the most important person. Tommy Wright.

I’ve explained why I think he’s stuck with them. Which you’ve ignored because it doesn’t agree with your idea that he’s a central figure to our survival. He’s a central figure to how we’ve ended up where we are in the first place 

5 minutes ago, Travis said:

Look, I get that sometimes the contrarian in all of us just wants to say something different from the perceived wisdom of the day. And also that you want Killie to succeed. 

Sorry. But this is the most condescending post I’ve ever received. A presumption that my reading of the game and perceptions of the manager are somewhat misguided. A desire to be disruptive. That you and other general fans have a more critical eye on the rights and wrongs of the current set up. Happy to debate.

19 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

It is baffling if he had no input also wonder how good the goalkeeper training under him is 

but both options are very experienced keepers yet make so many basic errors usually associated with young rookie players 

So is Billy getting credit the for Woodman and Bachmann if he is carrying the can for our 2 present incumbents.

16 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

20 points we have dropped this season from winning positions.... 20 feckin points.

Absolutely scandelous.

Ooof - that's really bad. Concentration? Sitting too deep. Not enough pace on the counter. All likely at play.

9 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Maybe too many beers for me, but can’t compute?

He wants to win games, I agree.  He may see the best chance of that being to placate the internal politics of the squad rather than necessarily play the best team.  He could choose to play others, but that risks the ire of senior players with significant influence in the squad.

To be clear, I've no inside information to say that's the case, just that it's entirely plausible that squad politics have to be managed just as game day tactics do.

Edited by Lorielus

2 minutes ago, Lorielus said:

He wants to win games, I agree.  He may see the best chance of that being to placate the internal politics of the squad rather than necessarily play the best team.  He could choose to play others, but that risks the ire of senior players with significant influence in the squad.

To be clear, I've no inside information to say that's the case, just that it's entirely plausible that squad politics are something managers can and do have to consider.

Good post. We all are speculating. Let’s see

I'm not buying into the "the goals were scored too quickly for us to react" narrative at all. St Mirren have to wait for us to be back in our half, set and ready before they kick off. Watch Lafferty eat up about 30 - 45 seconds after scoring the second by sauntering back into his own half well after everybody else. Plenty time for the players to communicate and remain switched on. Plenty of time for Wright and the staff to bark out some instructions and impact the immediate passage of play after kick off. Get subs ready during goal celebrations so if they are not ready at kick off then they're as close to it as can be! It's abysmal game management on and off field tonight. Simple as that. 

24 minutes ago, Travis said:

You might even discover TW agrees fully that they’re not up to it and is just trying to stumble across the survival line without the dressing room losing the plot again

....not enough time to reap any reward from challenging the dressing room dynamic and high risk of disruption and terminal loss of cohesion if he did try.

Another game thrown away. We keep making the same mistakes week after week - why can’t we learn? Four games since the split against bottom teams with three at home and only one win - and we were supposed to have a good record against teams in the lower half!

Can’t see us avoiding a play off and just hope we finally deliver the performances we deserve to get.

A wonder strike put them level no substitution would have made any difference to that.There 3rd could have been prevented by a sub as Watters was getting ripped down the left.Rodgers was again to blame though and flapped early on at a cross.Our 2 keepers have cost us big time this season and should have been a priority signing by Dyer in the January window.Defence will always be nervous if you can’t trust your keeper.