As things stand

Regardless of whether we won or drew last night, we would have been relying on Motherwell taking something from RossCo. It now just mean there is only 1 possible permutation on Sunday which is we win and County lose. Its a simple as that, where as had we won,  a draw for us may even have been enough if County lost. Its all irrelevant now and we can only hope we face a dejected Hamilton and can beat them and Motherwell do the business against County. I'm not holding my breath

It has been looking like the playoffs since the split. The Arabs result made escape look more likely but the truth is we just dont have what it takes to grab any lifeline thrown our way. Last night didn't change much. It confirmed we will almost certainly avoid the automatic drop and made the playoffs all but certain too.

While we have not got a result at Hamilton that I can remember since Jig was in charge I could just about imagine ys getting 3 points there. But I just can't see Rossco even dropping 2 points at 'Well let alone 3.

5 hours ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

A favour from SOD would be appreciated. That only matters if we can do our bit I suppose.

That might be less likely than I originally thought. I just read that Well fans were apparently praising him for not celebrating when he scored against his old club (us). I never noticed that when he scored.

23 minutes ago, NFL12 said:

That might be less likely than I originally thought. I just read that Well fans were apparently praising him for not celebrating when he scored against his old club (us). I never noticed that when he scored.

I did, thought it was decent of him. Guess he didn't read the abuse he got on here when he left.

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

I did, thought it was decent of him. Guess he didn't read the abuse he got on here when he left.

It's bloody hard to score goals in football, especially for defenders...does my head in when players don't celebrate, futile gesture. 

7 hours ago, Andy said:

Motherwell must win to bag 7th, not sure how much of a motivation that may be for them, against County..........................................

This probably doesn't figure in their thinking and clearly didn't in St Mirren's but you'd imagine they'd prefer us in the Premier League. Gate receipts and less travel.

2 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

Noticed it too and agree it was decent. great player for us despite his detractors.  His last season with us wasn't a good one, but even then he was often amongst the only positive things on the park.  Would welcome him back anytime, but that plane has sailed I'm sure.

I don’t think John Hughes has it in him to play for a draw. Well vs County will be wide open IMO. Well have it in them to punish County so hopefully do us a turn.

We have to do our bit. We’ve never played Accies when they need a massive win. Will they be more open and less Accies than normal?

5 minutes ago, Armstrong86 said:

I’ve no idea why but this is the calmest I’ve felt about relegation for a number of weeks. I just feel like we’ll beat a dejected Hamilton and Motherwell will beat a County that’s set up for a point and will rarely venture forward. 

same  here, but probably don't deserve to escape the play off

Thinking if the psychology we have nothing to hold on for, if we go balls out for a win and get pumped 4-2 it changes nothing but County need a draw. Will they play for one and sceew it up? Will they go for the win and leave themselves wide open? For a team liw on confidence yiu might say we are in a better position. On the other hand that could all be bolliox.

Maybe I'm just being an old cynic here but I get the feeling that the 'establishment ' ie the majority of teams in the spfl  will be thinking this is the best chance to get rid of 2 teams with plastic fantastic pitches.

There is also the possibility of getting dundee back up to contest the tayside derby's again which will be more appealing to TV companies so I hope I'm wrong but I can see motherwell buying into this and county will beat them or get the draw needed.

So it looks like the only sure way of getting any help is by beating probably dundee in the play offs nobody will be doing us any favours that's for sure!

8 minutes ago, Bbk said:

Maybe I'm just being an old cynic here but I get the feeling that the 'establishment ' ie the majority of teams in the spfl  will be thinking this is the best chance to get rid of 2 teams with plastic fantastic pitches.

There is also the possibility of getting dundee back up to contest the tayside derby's again which will be more appealing to TV companies so I hope I'm wrong but I can see motherwell buying into this and county will beat them or get the draw needed.

So it looks like the only sure way of getting any help is by beating probably dundee in the play offs nobody will be doing us any favours that's for sure!

Why would anyone be doing us favours anyway .we are in this position due to our own failings not some weird conspiracy to get rid of plastic pitches 

9 minutes ago, Bbk said:

This is Sevco levels of paranoia.  Who in their right mind would rather have County and their 12 fans, over the Killie Away support filling their coffers. 

Hamilton I can understand, horrible niggly dirty tome wasting shower of s**te, with a half arsed lifeless ground.

Anyways the league should be 16 ro 18 teams playing each other twice, and no stupid fuxking split.