Next day reflection.

Ngonge88

I can’t see us beating Accies. Going there needing a win with this Killie team, even against an already relegating Accies gives me the fear.

After the St. Johnstone game when Dyer was finally sacked I had it in my head that we would finish 12th so at least that hasn’t happened. I really don’t hold much hope against Dundee but who knows, we have pulled out the odd good performance this season

Whilst we should be aiming to win and we need to win I think our chance has gone to automatically stay up without the playoffs. 

There was little margin for error but error we did. We will not get through the playoffs on ability alone this time. We are not in a false position. Need things to go for us to avoid catastrophe. 

I think Wright has a few decisions to be made regarding Sunday.

Accies are virtually but not mathematically relegated. I don't think this will impact on their performance on Sunday. They will still be the bitching time wasting niggling dirty team they have always been albeit with a couple of decent skilful players in their ranks. Our record on the ground is awful when we have had much better teams than the present shower.

Given the above I think there is a strong case as said above in other posts to rest Lafferty. I honestly cannot understand how he has not been sent off during his short spell with us especially when we have seen such soft dismissals this season. How his hand ball did not result in a second booking amazed me. Added to his lunges/elbows in other games he has been fortunate.

It appears to be a concensus that he is the only reason we have not been automatically relegated and he is our main hope of winning a playoff.

Given the above you can guarantee the Accies players will be doing everything in their repertoire to get him dismissed and his luck will probably run out which I assume will see him banned for the Dundee game, someone can maybe confirm.

So we play him with an outside chance of gaining 10th spot with I think a fair possibilty he will be sent off or we ensure he is available for the play-offs which seem more likely.

I appreciate he could still be dismissed in the first five minutes of the first leg given his temperament/commitment.

Difficult call but thats what Wright is paid for.

No way would you drop Lafferty , could just imagine the furore if somehow county lose at Motherwell and we can only get a point at Accies with Lafferty resting in the stands ….

He is experienced enough to know the boundaries and hopefully TW knows how to manage him  , yes he was on edge v St Mirren , but that his way of playing , just needs to be aware of the situation better at times 

One surprise, and it shows Goodwin in a positive light is how up for the game St.Mirren were last night, equal to us, I thought.a team with nothing to play for, wouldn't battle back from 2 goals down and then again with about 5 minutes to play. Normally at 2-0 behind a side in their position would have been in holiday mode but they were anything but. You also saw the celebrations from their bench at FT.

Motherwell, by contrast might send their reserves out on Sunday, and probably wont be up for it, in a dead rubber for them.

Always feel that the Championship side have momentum going into the play-off final..they are on the up while the Premier team are on a downer.

In saying that, only 2 Championship sides have come up via the play-offs..Accies v Hibs and Livi v Partick..only results have been 6-1 Well v Rangers and 4-1 us v Falkirk as well as St.Mirren albeit on pens v Utd.

Difference might be this time that Dundee are coasting already and wont have a draining 2nd leg like Falkirk did to beat Hibs last time.

Edited by Jedi2

Dundee are basically playing at the same times as us in these games. No advantage /disadvantage for either. Dundee have decent players so this is a 50/50 game. You can't rest Lafferty if there is a chance we could stay up automatically. Basically we are just going to need to get on with it and probably be playing three huge games next week. Worrying times

Edited by kfc_superteam

1 hour ago, killiefife said:

I think Wright has a few decisions to be made regarding Sunday.

Accies are virtually but not mathematically relegated. I don't think this will impact on their performance on Sunday. They will still be the bitching time wasting niggling dirty team they have always been albeit with a couple of decent skilful players in their ranks. Our record on the ground is awful when we have had much better teams than the present shower.

Given the above I think there is a strong case as said above in other posts to rest Lafferty. I honestly cannot understand how he has not been sent off during his short spell with us especially when we have seen such soft dismissals this season. How his hand ball did not result in a second booking amazed me. Added to his lunges/elbows in other games he has been fortunate.

It appears to be a concensus that he is the only reason we have not been automatically relegated and he is our main hope of winning a playoff.

Given the above you can guarantee the Accies players will be doing everything in their repertoire to get him dismissed and his luck will probably run out which I assume will see him banned for the Dundee game, someone can maybe confirm.

So we play him with an outside chance of gaining 10th spot with I think a fair possibilty he will be sent off or we ensure he is available for the play-offs which seem more likely.

I appreciate he could still be dismissed in the first five minutes of the first leg given his temperament/commitment.

Difficult call but thats what Wright is paid for.

Thought this myself. There will be sendings off in this game.

14 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

One surprise, and it shows Goodwin in a positive light is how up for the game St.Mirren were last night, equal to us, I thought.a team with nothing to play for, wouldn't battle back from 2 goals down and then again with about 5 minutes to play. Normally at 2-0 behind a side in their position would have been in holiday mode but they were anything but. You also saw the celebrations from their bench at FT.

Motherwell, by contrast might send their reserves out on Sunday, and probably wont be up for it, in a dead rubber for them.

Always feel that the Championship side have momentum going into the play-off final..they are on the up while the Premier team are on a downer.

In saying that, only 2 Championship sides have come up via the play-offs..Accies v Hibs and Livi v Partick..only results have been 6-1 Well v Rangers and 4-1 us v Falkirk as well as St.Mirren albeit on pens v Utd.

Difference might be this time that Dundee are coasting already and wont have a draining 2nd leg like Falkirk did to beat Hibs last time.

Motherwell need to win to finish seventh. If they were going to down tools they would have done it last night but fought back to draw from 2-0 down. 

Any other day these set of fixtures you would think county losing and us possibly picking up a win. Its not over yet, never forget with 8 games to go people were giving up on here, but with one game to go and automatic relegation not happening anymore we still have a chance, a slight one but still a chance.

SFA applied to Scottish Government for 3,000 fans to be allowed into Hampden for Cup Final.

Both sides will be given 300 (yes 300) each, meanwhile there will be thousands marching through cities across the country in support of Palestine and even more thousands this Saturday for the Sevco Party, who tf makes these fvkk in rules up? 

Just now, killie billies pal said:

SFA applied to Scottish Government for 3,000 fans to be allowed into Hampden for Cup Final.

Both sides will be given 300 (yes 300) each, meanwhile there will be thousands marching through cities across the country in support of Palestine and even more thousands this Saturday for the Sevco Party, who tf makes these fvkk in rules up? 

There was probably more than 300 watching the snooker final inside the other week .i honestly cant see a time when we get back to going to football normally again 

22 hours ago, gdevoy said:

I agree with most of the above. The fundamental problem is we are where we are because the squad is weak. Where I am uneasy with your analysis is while he may have the contacts to bring in the players we need I have not seen anything from TW to suggest he can motivate the guys he has got.

Perhaps no one can. We have experienced players who should be able to see out a lead and coach those around them to do so. Instead our experienced players show no leadership and contribute to our problems. To keep on losing points from winning positions shows that there is a problem with mentality both individually and collectively. Managers can’t sort that easily if at all. Most of that squad need to be shown the door at the end of the season. Struggling to see who we should keep apart from Lafferty and potentially Burke. This team simply doesn’t have the wherewithal to win must win games and that is from winning positions against St Mirren in the league and cup and Ross County in the league twice. There is no other conclusion that you can reach. The thought of Charlie Adam versus our midfield and him pinging balls behind our defence fills me with dread. I would not be surprised if we go down in a playoff given the mental weakness of the squad. I said bottlers which Zorro disagreed with but we don’t have a team capable of battling to grind out results even when they get ahead. It is a lack of being able to produce a solid professional performance. Instead of that we get a performance littered with individual mistakes that cost goals and points. The vast majority of the team have been responsible for mistakes in various games. 

Edited by MarkyMark