Dundee Match Fred

CB

Where to start ? 

Looked ok for first 5 minutes then sh4t the bed for the rest of the game after they scored. To get away with only a one goal deficit is nothing short of a miracle.

How so many experienced players can disappear up their own backsides is baffling. Can’t even say we challenged for the 2nd ball in the midfield it was the 3rd or 4th before we made an effort. 

I think the only word for it is disgusting....

I think we will beat them at Rugby Park. Now we know what there best team looks like, how they play i.e. pressing and compact. That can be countered. I don't see them changing style or tactics.

I really hope Broadfoot and Dicker are both dropped though, Broadfoot especially is a major flaw and they will no doubt target him as well as continue to put pressure on Doyle in the hope he slips up, but tbf he handled it well tonight for the most part.

32 minutes ago, TLC said:

The Falkirk-game  comparison doesn’t really work. We were the much better team in the first leg, but just couldn’t put the ball in the net. They then his us with a last minute sucker punch (that Macdonald should have saved)

Tonight, we were comprehensively out played, out thought and out fought. 

As Wright doesn’t have the bottle to  make the required changes to the team, I have no trust that we will beat the on Monday 

This.

Shocking performance , clear by the end that Dundees legs got tired that's the only reason we got at them, should of high pressed them from the start to tire them out earlier .

Biggest Dundee threat Charlie Adam although ageing can still create should of been doubled up on .

Formation was wrong as well 

34 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Very very lucky to still be in this ……on top of our usual piss poor defending and our immobile midfield , the worry was the front 4 looked so out of sorts 

We need Lafferty to find his A game again and few others to step up 

He can't find his A game with no service.

12 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Only positive was the goal, ninety minutes of punting the ball up the park. Dundee aren't that good we were just horrific. 

And the goal came from ball being played on the ground .... NOT hoofed... ... Power seeing the runner and playing to his feet ... not punting it and hoping for the best 

Its incredible how many times in a season one team can come out in the 2nd half and just never get started, and also hand the other side the momentum as we did (again) tonight. What gets said at HT?

Fair play to McPake, he identified our tactic to get the ball wide to Burke and Pinnock and feed Lafferty in the box and completely nullified it.

Clearly they were.much more up for it, and have a more mobile midfield, as well as looking solid enough in defence.

Thought it was crying out for a change of shape 2nd half, with probably Oakley coming on to partner Lafferty who was isolated throughout...Dicker should have been taken off for Oakley, with McKenzie maybe replacing Burke rather than Kiltie albeit Kiltie was anonymous.

As said, miraculous to still be in it..looked game over at 2-0.

Surely TW has to.come up with something different for Monday night. Even Lee Clark changed things around a bit after the first leg v Falkirk.

Same starting XI ans formation plays into Dundee's hands now.

Fair play to Colin Doyle for preventing it from currently being 4-1

Edited by Jedi2

26 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Correct me if i'm wrong... is it not extra time before penalties... I'm sure I read that somewhere.

”C24.4 the winning Club in each of the ties will be the Club to score the greatest number of goals over the two matches in each tie. In the event that the aggregate scores are equal after the second leg of each tie extra-time of 30 minutes (i.e. 15 minutes each way) will take place and thereafter if necessary kicks from the penalty mark will be taken in accordance with the rules laid down by the International Football Association Board which will determine the winner;”

3 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

People seem surprised by tonight's game but if you consider that the only league game we have not lost away from hone this year was to a team already relegated, it isn't any wonder we did bot turn up?

Oh, I think the bots turned up. Defective ones that the Japanese threw on the scrapheap years ago.

Look at Dicker.  Clearly gave the ball away doing f*ck knows what and then ambles back ultimately walking and I didn't see Broadfoot running up to him screaming his lungs out in rage and disgust.  Hopefully he got an absolute bollocking in the dressing room (but I highly doubt it).  I honestly cannot wait for the next 90min to be over as this season has been utter rank rotten.  Every single minute.  Hopefully we'll have SPL status still intact and then a massive squad overall can commence.  Killie aren't out of it yet and let's just hope that every single player picked puts 100% effort in on the night.  I just want to see some fight and passion.  And goals, goals would be nice.

4 minutes ago, Dave1981 said:

Killie aren't out of it yet and let's just hope that every single player picked puts 100% effort in on the night. 

Let’s hope every single killie fan gives the same passion and belief - inside , outside the ground and in front of sky and killie tv. Biggest game in a generation.

7 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

People seem surprised by tonight's game but if you consider that the only league game we have not lost away from hone this year was to a team already relegated, it isn't any wonder we did bot turn up?

One thing you expect from experienced players is consistency.

Unfortunately, ours are consistently s**t away from home.

The only thing which was surprising was how bad it was tonight.

Some of the talk about never hating a team more is OTT. Those who have tickets for Monday need to urge the team on - barracking players won’t achieve anything positive.

It would be impossible to put a positive gloss on that performance but it needs to be put aside for 90/120 minutes on Monday by those in the ground. A toxic atmosphere will just help generate what we don’t want. 

1 minute ago, skygod said:

One thing you expect from experienced players is consistency.

Unfortunately, ours are consistently s**t away from home.

The only thing which was surprising was how bad it was tonight.

Some of the talk about never hating a team more is OTT. Those who have tickets for Monday need to urge the team on - barracking players won’t achieve anything positive.

It would be impossible to put a positive gloss on that performance but it needs to be put aside for 90/120 minutes on Monday by those in the ground. A toxic atmosphere will just help generate what we don’t want. 

Well said. We all have our favourites and otherwise. The point I’m making consistently, is, this is now the hand we have been dealt. Let’s accept it. We stay up, we have chance to kick back on. Let’s do all we (collectively) can to aid our hopes in this time of need. It’s game time. Let’s get behind the guys. In our posts and certainly the folks on the night. It’s all about survival. Not a vote for anything else. Just a vote for Killie place in the top flight. 

13 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

Its incredible how many times in a season one team can come out in the 2nd half and just never get started, and also hand the other side the momentum as we did (again) tonight. What gets said at HT?

Fair play to McPake, he identified our tactic to get the ball wide to Burke and Pinnock and feed Lafferty in the box and completely nullified it.

Clearly they were.much more up for it, and have a more mobile midfield, as well as looking solid enough in defence.

Thought it was crying out for a change of shape 2nd half, with probably Oakley coming on to partner Lafferty who was isolated throughout...Dicker should have been taken off for Oakley, with McKenzie maybe replacing Burke rather than Kiltie albeit Kiltie was anonymous.

As said, miraculous to still be in it..looked game over at 2-0.

Surely TW has to.come up with something different for Monday night. Even Lee Clark changed things around a bit after the first leg v Falkirk.

Same starting XI ans formation plays into Dundee's hands now.

Fair play to Colin Doyle for preventing it from currently being 4-1

Would agree that TW made a mistake in swapping Kiltie for McKenzie. I would have taken Pinnock off as he was contributing as much if not less than our other front two. Kiltie and McKenzie have shown in the past that they are excellent  at working the ball up the wing from defence to the opposition 18 yard box using short triangular passing without resorting to the non-effective long direct through ball. Change the tactics for fu""s sake. The subsequent outcome and  final phase of play should be a designed deployment by the coaching team to utilise the other "forward thinking attack ducks" to finish off the F""kin move. Their job is to get the ball up the park successfully - finishing is the job of an  (allegedly) highly paid "finisher"

How hard can it be to change tact when its obvious our system has been sussed and nullified!

Is anyone surprised by the performance this evening? If they are they shouldn’t be. We have an ageing team with players that think they are better than they are. We haven’t been able to do the basics all season so why should it change now. This evening was a continuation of the regular season. Defensive errors, midfield errors, goalkeeping errors. The only positive is we are only one goal down. 

The experienced players we were looking to pull us through let us down again. Look at the positives most of them will only play one more game for the club. 

Anyone that continues to defend Broadfoot or Dicker is either a troll or mentally impaired. 

16 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

Is anyone surprised by the performance this evening? If they are they shouldn’t be. We have an ageing team with players that think they are better than they are. We haven’t been able to do the basics all season so why should it change now. This evening was a continuation of the regular season. Defensive errors, midfield errors, goalkeeping errors. The only positive is we are only one goal down. 

The experienced players we were looking to pull us through let us down again. Look at the positives most of them will only play one more game for the club. 

Anyone that continues to defend Broadfoot or Dicker is either a troll or mentally impaired. 

Midfield errors... but who exactly was in midfield??.. can’t win a game with only one cm... Power... who is trying to cover