Worst Killie captain ever

Squirrelhumper

1 hour ago, piffer said:

I hate the way Dicker and Broadfoot are referred to as leaders.

Can hate. They are the senior players directed to lead and be backup to our fortunes on the park. Captain and vice captain. Tommy’s choice. Good voice for me also. At this critical time. So by any  reasonable definition they are our leaders in practical sense.

2 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

So, given the situation we are in. Please forgive me if my absolute focus is in trying to support the team for survival.

4 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Try he’s a lazy insubordinate bastard in training. Not a man to go to war with. Simples.

4 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Mulumbu. Guy that our manager has dismissed.....for a reason.

3 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Or because he’s a lazy disinterested baw bag. Only history will reveal the reality.

Dicker was hugely to blame for both goals. 
Everyone knows where the main threat is coming from so why does Dicker give Adam all the time in the world to pick a pass for the first goal? And what on earth was he even attempting at the second?

After we went 2-0 down I actually thought he had been substituted when I’d left the room as he was non-existent. 

Clearly he shouldn’t play on Monday but who should? For me McKenzie or Tish are the only options? 

Is there no way to put people on ignore on this forum? It's mildly irksome having to scroll past comments by people just looking for bites.  

Wasn't Gary Locke club captain for a spell? If so, he would be the only real competition Dicker has for this particular accolade, but even then Locke was just s**te on his own, I don't think his own severe limitations poisoned the rest of the squad at the time.

I felt that TW was the best option available when we finally punted Dyer, but by persisting with having Dicker/Broadfoot in the squad rather than taking out a restraining order banning them from being within 30 miles of Rugby Park, I don't think he should be continuing in the role when we are in the Championship. 

Our so called big and experienced players let us down very badly not one of them stepped up to the plate and in comparison to dundees they were left wanting the whole game.

The response their manager got from his team compared to ours was  ight and day and every one of them put in a massive shift because as their manager said we have something they really want and unfortunately it looks like our lot are going to give it to them!

Returning to the topic, putting attitude or character aside, Dicker is patently not fit and hasn’t been fit this calendar year.

To add injury to insult he then sprains his ankle after 20 mins to a level where he can barely f**king WALK and stays on the park for the remaining 70 mins. During which time he sells another goal and contributes nothing.

That can only be on the manager.

Edited by KenVaagen1984

3 hours ago, Bbk said:

Our so called big and experienced players let us down very badly not one of them stepped up to the plate and in comparison to dundees they were left wanting the whole game.

The response their manager got from his team compared to ours was  ight and day and every one of them put in a massive shift because as their manager said we have something they really want and unfortunately it looks like our lot are going to give it to them!

Totally, we walked into this game with our eyes wide shut!! We believe our own hype and most of the squad probably thought that we would roll Dundee over fairly easily. Boy did we get a surprise… a young Manager and a hungry team battled for every ball. All we could offer was a totally underwhelming performance from the Manager down. Two unused subs tells its own story and quite frankly it was an embarrassment to the Killie support who did deep into their pockets to help pay their wages!!

Bowie and Co. should open their eyes and if they wish to turn this great Club around bring in a proper football guru to boot out the wasters, freeloaders, malcontents and the feckless. A fresh start must happen regardless of what the result looks like on Monday night. If nothing happens we will continue our slide into oblivion and at its current rate the tumbleweed will be blowing around the stadium in the not too distant future. Someone needs to start showing the leadership which is sadly lacking throughout the Club. 

31 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

Returning to the topic, putting attitude or character aside, Dicker is patently not fit and hasn’t been fit this calendar year.

To add injury to insult he then sprains his ankle after 20 mins to a level where he can barely f**king WALK and stays on the park for the remaining 70 mins. During which time he sells another goal and contributes nothing.

Agreed 

47 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

He can barely walk at all now. Injured or not.

First game under Wright against Motherwell we lost because Dicker switched off and was then too slow in tracking back on their midfield runner. That’s been a recurring theme now for months.

If the man had an ounce of dignity or any respect for the club he would have held his hands up and accepted he isn’t up to playing at this level of football now. 

51 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

I've been a massive Dicker & Power fan. Even to me though it's obvious that Dickers legs went a few months ago. 

There is something far, far wrong within that squad for Wright to allow him to play the whole game last night.

Anyone who's ever sprained their ankle knows it stiffens up when you stop moving on it. Immediately after half time it was obvious he couldn't even jog on it. 

When you can't do that what level of conceit does it take to think you should pirouette on the ball at the edge of your box.

And to be honest I'd love to hear Wright's explanation to the fans as to why he didn't hook him then. What kind of slap in the face is it to the guys on the bench that the manager thinks that a crippled aging midfielder who can't run is better than bringing on Tish, Rory or Dabo when we're 2 down.

Up there with the craziest decision I can remember for a manager during a game. As I said for me there is something far wrong for me for us to carry a total passenger for the rest of that game.

4 hours ago, tetentikov said:

Is there no way to put people on ignore on this forum? It's mildly irksome having to scroll past comments by people just looking for bites.  

Wasn't Gary Locke club captain for a spell? If so, he would be the only real competition Dicker has for this particular accolade, but even then Locke was just s**te on his own, I don't think his own severe limitations poisoned the rest of the squad at the time.

I felt that TW was the best option available when we finally punted Dyer, but by persisting with having Dicker/Broadfoot in the squad rather than taking out a restraining order banning them from being within 30 miles of Rugby Park, I don't think he should be continuing in the role when we are in the Championship. 

The squad TW inherited was limited in ability and that was compounded by him coming in after the transfer had closed and then the decision to sell Findlay. 
If we are not in the top two at Christmas then he’s got some questions to answer but keeping us up was always going to be a big challenge. We’ve never managed to get a big result this season when we needed one. A massive clear out and a complete restructuring of the club is needed or we will just continue with more of the same. 

What we needed from our captain last night was some inspiration.  He doesn't have the ability to do so in a footballing sense but there are plenty of leaders in that bracket.  When we were struggling and looking like being out fought he should've smashed into someone, created a brawl, something to spark his team mates into life.  Roy Keane, Scott Brown, even fking Keith Lasley ffs these guys would have made sure something happened to get us going.

the most placid excuse for a captain i've ever seen./

12 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Dicker. 

Absolute fraud.

Hope the clique are happy. 

Totally agree mate. Rarely have I ever been as angry with a Killie player. He plays walking football, badly. Walking and dilly-dallying on the ball for the second, breaking in to a light jog to half-heartedly track back, then slowing down to a walk again.

A stinking influence on the team and around the club. Hope to never see him near the place again.

1 hour ago, historyman said:

The squad TW inherited was limited in ability and that was compounded by him coming in after the transfer had closed and then the decision to sell Findlay. 
If we are not in the top two at Christmas then he’s got some questions to answer but keeping us up was always going to be a big challenge. We’ve never managed to get a big result this season when we needed one. A massive clear out and a complete restructuring of the club is needed or we will just continue with more of the same. 

Agree that there is limited ability but the clubs in the bottom 6 are much of a much of a muchness. Where they seem to score is the way they are set up and even Dundee who are allegedly mediocre are streets ahead of us in that respect. We also now have Lafferty who is probably the best striker amongst the bottom six teams and who has effectively got us a play off place almost on his own. However I noticed his enthusiasm seem to have waned last night and you wonder if he realises whatever he does it won’t be enough. I sincerely hope I am wrong. As you say rightly point out the clear out must start on Tuesday morning. As an aside if I was then Dundee Chairperson and they do go up the first guy on my shopping list would ironically be Kyle Lafferty. 

2 hours ago, tanerba'Tam said:

Bowie and Co. should open their eyes and if they wish to turn this great Club around bring in a proper football guru to boot out the wasters, freeloaders, malcontents and the feckless. A fresh start must happen regardless of what the result looks like on Monday night. If nothing happens we will continue our slide into oblivion and at its current rate the tumbleweed will be blowing around the stadium in the not too distant future. Someone needs to start showing the leadership which is sadly lacking throughout the Club. 

This is exactly what I was thinking during the game last night.

16 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Is that actually directed at me?

You refuse to accept criticism of Dicker and Broadfoot and stick to your position of support for them regardless of what evidence anyone gives you to support their view and counter yours.

Your position on Dicker and Broadfoot is untenable and now laughable and you can't provide anything to support it.

All fans have differing views but most folk on here are willing to explain their position. Lot's of folk have debated with you on here regarding Dicker and Broadfoot and given your unchanged position the only conclusion can be that your on the wind up or.......

I think our problems are down to the club’s complete failure to recruit anyone who is capable of being a longer term first team regular - El Makrini last season and Tshibola this season both got enough game time to really make an impact yet didn’t do so. If either had done so Dicker would be a squad player like he ideally would be.

Add management and about 6 or 7 other positions on the park to the list of poor recruitment - the goalies being the most obvious one - and that begins to explain the extent of the mess we’re in. Dicker starting games isn’t the THE problem, it’s just one symptom of a vast sea of much bigger problems. 

Surprised at the silence too given how vocal he’s been about other things.

Dicker was a very good player - and an important one for us - for a long time but  then a poor and unfit player for most of the last season he was with us. Quite simply, he shouldn’t have been playing - captain or not.

As a Captain he was not a success overall. You want your captain to encourage others not just shout at them. You want your captain to engage with the refs and apply a bit of pressure now and again. Nothing on that front. And you want your captain to lead by example - something that he physically could not do in 2021 because he was patently unfit. 

Sadly for him his legacy for many of us will be the word ‘s**tshow’, his role in undermining a manager and his role in a relegation season. A real shame given his  overall contribution over the years but in the cold light of relegation, hard to argue with. 

Been a few players past and present on twitter came out and said a few nice things about dicker on twitter .Looks to me like hes left in a bit of a huff .Dont think we will ever know exactly what went on in dressing room when AA was in charge but when he left it certainly looked like dicker had control of dressing room from then on