Mulumbu

Mojike and Bod

Here’s a wacky idea. 

We have a club website and a media team. Why not actually carry some news on it from time to time and let us know what’s happening?

Even something along the lines of:

Kilmarnock midfielder Youssouf Mulumbu has left the club after his contract came to an end at the end of the Premiership season. 

The Democratic Republic of Congo international made 41 appearances for the club during two spells, most notably starring during Steve Clarke’s tenure.

Kilmarnock manager Tommy Wright said: “Youssouf has made an important contribution to Kilmarnock, and I’m sure fans and the club would like to thank him for that. We wish him all the very best for the future.”

14 minutes ago, WWWWnnnnnn! said:

Heard from a reliable source he is poison in the dressing room if he's no playing. 1 down 20 to go.

Mulumbu has wasted the last few years of his career and ought to have shown the club enough respect to want to stick around and help in the play offs if he ever got on the pitch.

That said if Dicker was being picked ahead of me I'd want to get the hell out of town too!

10 minutes ago, Travis said:

Here’s a wacky idea. 

We have a club website and a media team. Why not actually carry some news on it from time to time and let us know what’s happening?

Even something along the lines of:

Kilmarnock midfielder Youssouf Mulumbu has left the club after his contract came to an end at the end of the Premiership season. 

The Democratic Republic of Congo international made 41 appearances for the club during two spells, most notably starring during Steve Clarke’s tenure.

Kilmarnock manager Tommy Wright said: “Youssouf has made an important contribution to Kilmarnock, and I’m sure fans and the club would like to thank him for that. We wish him all the very best for the future.”

I’m convinced we’ve got some sort of media blackout ongoing. We never hear anything from the club except the usual pre match stuff. Even the players are incredibly quiet on social media nowadays. 

So not as clear cut as portrayed. Mulumbu wasn't happy with lack of game time. He may have been out of contract and it was mutually decided that he should leave. Given the wages he was on this might have been a sensible decision if he wasn't going to get paid. However, we are left with Dicker as our midfield option which is as big a problem as he has as bigger impact on the team when he plays than Mulumbu has when he doesn't at it isn't positive!!

28 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

He may have been out of contract and it was mutually decided that he should leave. Given the wages he was on this might have been a sensible decision if he wasn't going to get paid.

I don’t think we are so skint that two more weeks’ money is going to make much difference when we’ve paid him for little return for eight months.

Anyway, I doubt he was out of contract after the Hamilton match.

Suppose he had been a roaring success and we were in the cup final tomorrow? Do you think we would have let his contract run out before that?

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

I don’t think we are so skint that two more weeks’ money is going to make much difference when we’ve paid him for little return for eight months.

Anyway, I doubt he was out of contract after the Hamilton match.

Suppose he had been a roaring success and we were in the cup final tomorrow? Do you think we would have let his contract run out before that?

From the players perspective why be here if he isn't going to get played? I'd have had him in the team for the last games since he played against St Mirren but that didn't happen for whatever reason. He's probably looking at Dicker playing and thinking "Now that is a s**tshow!!"

Edited by MarkyMark

BBC report has direct quote from a KFC Club spokesman ………manner of the exit all seems to indicate was no real connection between player and TW , nor much interest from the player in hanging around for even an extra week 

##

Kilmarnock will be without Youssouf Mulumbu for their Scottish Premiership Play-off final second leg on Monday after the midfielder left for France.

The 34-year-old was not in the match-day squad for Thursday's 2-1 first-leg defeat away to Dundee.

A club spokesman told BBC Scotland: "Mulumbu messaged the club on Monday and said he had to go back to France. 

"The club would have liked him to have stayed for the play-off games, but he chose otherwise."

The former West Bromwich Albion midfielder, a DR Congo international, had returned to Kilmarnock on a permanent contract in August after initially returning to Rugby Park on loan from Celtic. However, he only made 10 starts and 11 substitute appearances amid fitness concerns.

Mulumbu's final start came in a 3-3 draw at home to St Mirren in April and he was a late substitute in the final-day 2-0 win away to Hamilton Academical in the Scottish Premiership.

5 hours ago, Pieboy said:

Always going to annoy me a little bit that we moved El Makrini on to make space for him. I think he could have offered more this season...

I liked him had something about him was mobile and not scared to put a foot in .shame his face just didnt fit under dyer 

2 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

YMs  exit for me says everything we need to hear, about him and the state the club is in behind the scenes.

We clearly have a broken dressing room and no amount of bandages by TW will fix it, until he is given a chainsaw to cut the rot out.

He's gone! let's move on. Hopefully after Monday I will be saying the same about the other imposters we have as footballers, starting with our Captain and his best pal Broaders!

3 minutes ago, muza1962 said:

He's gone! let's move on. Hopefully after Monday I will be saying the same about the other imposters we have as footballers, starting with our Captain and his best pal Broaders!

Oh, and I forgot, if we go down on Monday the imposter of a manager can go too.

Wright’s ‘he wouldn’t have played anyway’ sums up this cretin of a manager. An arrogant piece of s**t who picks his old favourites regardless of form. 

D*cker serves up utter s**t every week and is still first name on the team sheet. 

Wright is an utter failure of a man. I suspect a Falkirk/Partick fall from grace awaits if we give this guy any say in the rebuild this summer. 

Edited by TLC

On 5/21/2021 at 3:13 PM, piffer said:

I’m convinced we’ve got some sort of media blackout ongoing. We never hear anything from the club except the usual pre match stuff. 

Wait till they're after season ticket renewals or marketing new replica merchandise 

They'll be all over us like a rash....

Edited by C4mmy31

1 minute ago, killie billies pal said:

Whatever league we end up in I expect to buy a ST, however I will be holding back to see what type of club we are going to be before digging into my deep pockets.

Anything apart from imaginative, positive signings and plans that will get us straight back up and they can ram it.

You won't be alone in doing so.

3 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Whatever league we end up in I expect to buy a ST, however I will be holding back to see what type of club we are going to be before digging into my deep pockets.

Anything apart from imaginative, positive signings and plans that will get us straight back up and they can ram it.

I would be more concerned about actually getting into games. Another season of watching us on TV would be hard to take.