Mulumbu

Mojike and Bod

1 hour ago, curlyc1982 said:

That Mulumbu article gives me the fear. Dressing room sounds broken. Not the kind of stuff you need the day before relegation play off. 

But this kind of stuff is why we are in the playoffs in the first place. We just have to find a performance from somewhere on Monday. Analysing how we got here in order to avoid getting here again is a job for another day.

22 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

But this kind of stuff is why we are in the playoffs in the first place. We just have to find a performance from somewhere on Monday. Analysing how we got here in order to avoid getting here again is a job for another day.

Agree but thing that worries me is the timing of the article and how hard TW goes in on YM. The club is usually incredibly discreet on all matters. My worry is they’ve came out early in anticipation of damaging articles from YMs camp plus maybe others. None of this helps at this time. I hope I’m wrong. 

3 hours ago, Zorro said:

Bang on. I went and had a look at St Johnstone’s squad. On paper it looks smaller than ours, so even if we didn’t face a total squad rebuild, we could definitely have trimmed some fat from ours. Quality over quantity. 

Six players in their squad yesterday came through their youth system, five played. At this point I’m not even sure if we still have a youth system; we look more like a retirement home, but if we do, it’s clearly not delivering. No time for sentiment, either we’re not identifying the right kids or we’re not coaching them well enough. It could even be both. Time for a root and branch review to assess performance.

The rest of their team appears mainly to have had at least some experience of the Scottish game before being signed. Looking from the outside it looks like they identify their targets earlier and get in and get the deal done. We fanny about trying to get deals over the line or dick players about with weeks upon weeks of endless trials, then sign a few English lower league journeyman and loanees from clubs further down the league setup than us. To say our scouting network and recruitment policy definitely needs improvement, would be a huge understatement. Too many players right under our noses are slipping through our fingers and too many of our signings completely fail to deliver. 

As a club we are underperforming from top to bottom and that’s why we’re in the position we are. 

I thought about this yesterday as well. I wonder if our location in South West Scotland works against us. A lot of the St Johnstone players come from the East of Scotland and have been through the Edinburgh clubs youth systems and rejected or have been picked up from Boys Club football in the East. It is more difficult for us to pick these players up. St Johnstone can pick up the same players as we can from the central belt and are better placed to pick up players from Tayside and further north.

Wotherspoon, Booth were at Hibs. Ali McCann, Kerr and Kane are from Edinburgh. 

There are more kids available in the West but more clubs looking for them. 

I’m not sure how many players St Johnstone have that our fans would have welcomed as signings. Look at Bryson much better than anything we have in midfield but we thought we were better off with Dicker and Power. 

1 minute ago, MarkyMark said:

I thought about this yesterday as well. I wonder if our location in South West Scotland works against us. A lot of the St Johnstone players come from the East of Scotland and have been through the Edinburgh clubs youth systems and rejected or have been picked up from Boys Club football in the East. It is more difficult for us to pick these players up. St Johnstone can pick up the same players as we can from the central belt and are better placed to pick up players from Tayside and further north.

Wotherspoon, Booth were at Hibs. Ali McCann, Kerr and Kane are from Edinburgh. 

There are more kids available in the West but more clubs looking for them. 

I’m not sure how many players St Johnstone have that our fans would have welcomed as signings. Look at Bryson much better than anything we have in midfield but we thought we were better off with Dicker and Power. 

To be fair bryson looked like he was done at aberdeen 

We had 3 central midfielders (Mulumbu, Dabo, and Tshibola), each of whom could have started ahead of Dicker. Mulumbu fair enough with the reasons stated, but does TW regard Dabo and Tish as 'poor trainers' as well, given that neither can get near to replacing the 'captain'?

If so, we had the options of Ally Taylor and Tomas Brindley, who instead were sent out on loan to Stranraer and Dumbarton in March, rather than being given any kind of opportunity.

Edited by Jedi2

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

This sums in all up in one short paragraph.

20 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

If so, we had the options of Ally Taylor and Tomas Brindley, who instead were sent out on loan to Stranraer and Dumbarton in March, rather than being given any kind of opportunity.

Their experience on loan suggests they were nowhere near ready to play Premiership football.

The test will be whether they have benefited from the experience and can contribute something next season, if still around. 

He had a great spell at West Brom and after that we got the most games out of him. His big move to Celtic yielded 1 league game and 2 Europa League games. I can understand both points of view, he probably looked at our midfield and couldn't understand why he wasn’t getting selected, TW looked at him in training and wasn’t impressed. AD was the one he went to when he scored against Celtic and there appeared to be a connection, that connection didn't exist with TW. A fit Gary Dicker would keep him out of the team but the current version of Dicker that ambles about the park shouldn't have done regardless of how little effort Mulumbu put into training. 

Edited by Wrangodog

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

He had a great spell at West Brom and after that we got the most games out of him. His big move to Celtic yielded 1 league game and 2 Europa League games. I can understand both points of view, he probably looked at our midfield and couldn't understand why he wasn’t getting selected, TW looked at him in training and wasn’t impressed. AD was the one he went to when he scored against Celtic and there appeared to be a connection, that connection didn't exist with TW. A fit Gary Dicker would keep him out of the team but the current version of Dicker that ambles about the park shouldn't have done regardless of how little effort Mulumbu put into training. 

I agree with pretty well all of this. YM is probably a difficult player to work with and TW just doesnt have the patience for him.

For me, it looks like GD is suffering from long Covid. as his game never seems to have recovered from the covid episode. 

3 hours ago, G said:

Can’t help but think that the players who are happy to see him leave may well be Dicker and Broadfoot due to the fact that he’s called them out for what they are.

I was a wee bit concerned there might have been something "tribal" along these lines going on    ... but I noticed on Thursday that in spite of whatever is going on behind the scenes the entire KFC team participated in the BLM thing at the start of the game while the Dunde players just stood there wondering what was going on.  

45 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I agree with pretty well all of this. YM is probably a difficult player to work with and TW just doesnt have the patience for him.

For me, it looks like GD is suffering from long Covid. as his game never seems to have recovered from the covid episode. 

Dickers performances before he had covid were awful too. The quote from tw regarding mulumbu not doing anything to justify getting a game is a bit bizarre considering dicker is getting a game every week and does nothing to justify his place.

Been talking to my non Killie mates, they always mention Dicker and Power in the same breath. It's as if they are twins, people automatically assume they two should just play together. 

Watched young McCann from St Johnstone yesterday, what a breath of fresh air, energy for days and in beside an experienced player in Bryson. What's the point of our academy and players like young Ally Taylor if they can never get a sniff (by the way I'm not saying Taylor is on McCanns level) - plus St J will then sell him for a tidy profit and reinvest. Who are we selling for anything worthwhile?

32 minutes ago, AyrshireCocard said:

Been talking to my non Killie mates, they always mention Dicker and Power in the same breath. It's as if they are twins, people automatically assume they two should just play together. 

Watched young McCann from St Johnstone yesterday, what a breath of fresh air, energy for days and in beside an experienced player in Bryson. What's the point of our academy and players like young Ally Taylor if they can never get a sniff (by the way I'm not saying Taylor is on McCanns level) - plus St J will then sell him for a tidy profit and reinvest. Who are we selling for anything worthwhile?

The real question is why can't our youths develop players good enough to get in the team.

Taylor can't get a full game out on loan. But the idea of a loan is to improve so hopefully he comes back and steps up next year.

I'm sue TW has asked about the youths and unfortunately he has either seen or been to they are not ready yet.

The big problem we aren't bringing on our own talent. Throwing them into the first team isn't developing them.

Hopefully we can sort this out in the summer but it will need some changes in investment and maybe  some better scouting

1 minute ago, bute-killiefan said:

Wright understandably angry at Mulumbu just up and leaving, but the comments aren't the best from a manager the day before a playoff final. I can't imagine what he'd have to say about the clique

Find out Tuesday morning when he boots them out.

3 minutes ago, CB said:

Find out Tuesday morning when he boots them out.

Will he be as radical as we assume? 
Not convinced that there will be this mass exodus everyone expects. Killie are currently working on a short term contract basis and I reckon there will be a few surprises as finding 15 to 20 new players might be a real stretch. Our scouting system has hardly inspired confidence recently.

6 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

I can't imagine what he'd have to say about the clique

Do we have any facts at all about “the clique”? Are they actually the problem or are fans(myself included) jumping to conclusions. Who is in it? We presume Dicker and Broadfoot but there must be more for it to be as big a problem in the dressing room. What crimes have they been guilty of in the last two seasons.

How did it start and how has it got this far? There were rivalries in the squad under Clarke in small sided games, darts, golf, pool. Has this been taken too far now or is it something more sinister that’s causing serious rifts.