Mulumbu

Mojike and Bod

2 hours ago, gdevoy said:

the entire KFC team participated in the BLM thing at the start of the game while the Dunde players just stood there wondering what was going on. 

Some teams do, others don’t.

Some players do while others don’t.

One thing which wasn’t happening was Dundee wondering what was going on!

Just goes to show how good a man manager Steve Clarke was to get the best of Mulumbu. If he's not performing for Wright then glad to see the back of him. One of our best talents when fit and performing well so a bit disappointing that none of our managers have been able to get that out him.

3 hours ago, gdevoy said:

I was a wee bit concerned there might have been something "tribal" along these lines going on    ... but I noticed on Thursday that in spite of whatever is going on behind the scenes the entire KFC team participated in the BLM thing at the start of the game while the Dunde players just stood there wondering what was going on.  

Some teams are standing rather than kneeling after Motherwell stopped the kneel to stand as a stand against racism. Most teams since the Motherwell game have stood.

4 hours ago, gdevoy said:

I agree with pretty well all of this. YM is probably a difficult player to work with and TW just doesnt have the patience for him.

For me, it looks like GD is suffering from long Covid. as his game never seems to have recovered from the covid episode. 

That's what I think too, but he keeps getting picked.

3 hours ago, piffer said:

Do we have any facts at all about “the clique”? Are they actually the problem or are fans(myself included) jumping to conclusions. Who is in it? We presume Dicker and Broadfoot but there must be more for it to be as big a problem in the dressing room. What crimes have they been guilty of in the last two seasons.

How did it start and how has it got this far? There were rivalries in the squad under Clarke in small sided games, darts, golf, pool. Has this been taken too far now or is it something more sinister that’s causing serious rifts.

I'd like to know this too as it's constantly mentioned on here - never seen/heard anything of any substance to back it up though. 

1 minute ago, jesper said:

I'd like to know this too as it's constantly mentioned on here - never seen/heard anything of any substance to back it up though. 

There was the comment from Broadfoot about "his group".

Then there was the photos of the English boys together, the Congo lads together with Dabo (not sure on his nationality) 

See someone made a comment about Mulumbu on Twitter and then Mulumbu private messaged him. 

He said: “Hi mister don’t let the press fool you guys I have been 3 times at killie and have never had any issues but Mr Wright can’t tell the truth ppl have been talking about my wage you will be surprised if you knew I am far from having a big wage , I have never negotiated my contract for killie the offer was there and I have signed it never came for money trust me most important thing right now it’s to win tomorrow so killie can stay in SPL.”

1 hour ago, Ngonge88 said:

There was the comment from Broadfoot about "his group".

"We have not really discussed it together but in terms of the group I hang about with, because we have closer friends than others, we have spoken about it and said we need to try to get everyone pulling together and keep us up. No matter how we get over the line, we need to do it not only for ourselves but for the people around the club.''

Sounds like most workplaces to me. 

35 minutes ago, skygod said:

"We have not really discussed it together but in terms of the group I hang about with, because we have closer friends than others, we have spoken about it and said we need to try to get everyone pulling together and keep us up. No matter how we get over the line, we need to do it not only for ourselves but for the people around the club.''

Sounds like most workplaces to me. 

Correct....and most football teams, at any level. 

8 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

See someone made a comment about Mulumbu on Twitter and then Mulumbu private messaged him. 

He said: “Hi mister don’t let the press fool you guys I have been 3 times at killie and have never had any issues but Mr Wright can’t tell the truth ppl have been talking about my wage you will be surprised if you knew I am far from having a big wage , I have never negotiated my contract for killie the offer was there and I have signed it never came for money trust me most important thing right now it’s to win tomorrow so killie can stay in SPL.”

Someone clearly misunderstood the concept of private message. 

15 minutes ago, Fudger said:

Quite enjoy TW statement on this tbh. Much prefer a bit of honesty to the usual bulls**t statements we are given. 

Absolutely agree. So many footballer/manager interviews are so generic and tell you so little there's no point tuning in for them. Love when a bit of emotion and honesty comes through.

21 hours ago, MarkyMark said:

I thought about this yesterday as well. I wonder if our location in South West Scotland works against us. A lot of the St Johnstone players come from the East of Scotland and have been through the Edinburgh clubs youth systems and rejected or have been picked up from Boys Club football in the East. It is more difficult for us to pick these players up. St Johnstone can pick up the same players as we can from the central belt and are better placed to pick up players from Tayside and further north.

Wotherspoon, Booth were at Hibs. Ali McCann, Kerr and Kane are from Edinburgh. 

There are more kids available in the West but more clubs looking for them. 

I’m not sure how many players St Johnstone have that our fans would have welcomed as signings. Look at Bryson much better than anything we have in midfield but we thought we were better off with Dicker and Power. 

Nah that doesn’t really wash with me. I live in Fife. Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee, Dundee Utd, St Johnstone and Fife elite (Raith, Dunfermline, Cowdenbeath combined academy) are all very active in player recruitment around here. 

We’re also in a great position to pick up players who aren’t making the grade at Celtic and Rangers. Iirc McCart from St Johnstone was released by Celtic, went to Inverness and then was picked up by St Johnstone. To me, that says we either don’t have the relationships with these clubs so we don’t get tipped off about players who could potentially do us a turn or we just aren’t recognising the potential. 

Going back to one we let go, I think Mark O’Hara could have been better than Gary Dicker was for us under SC, if O’Hara had been coached by SC. Im convinced we’d be in a much better place this season with Power and O’Hara rather than power and Dicker. I’m not convinced our youths are being given the game time and opportunity to develop into the players we need. More often than not they’re thrown in to plug gaps and then discarded. But it’s all about opinions. 

OHara is a good shout, plenty of pace and drive which is very sadly missing from our current crop.

Tin hat on, I didn’t think Iain Wilson was that bad either, used as a utility player by even SC and didn’t really let us down , not sure how he has done at Pars but feel he may have done a job in our current situation. 

32 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Going back to one we let go, I think Mark O’Hara could have been better than Gary Dicker was for us under SC, if O’Hara had been coached by SC. Im convinced we’d be in a much better place this season with Power and O’Hara rather than power and Dicker. I’m not convinced our youths are being given the game time and opportunity to develop into the players we need. More often than not they’re thrown in to plug gaps and then discarded. But it’s all about opinions. 

I still cant make any sense of letting O'Hara go. We are a club that needs to rely on a good youth development system and right now we dont seem to have one at all. For me it all rather imploded when MJ sacked KS and paracuted in AJ who was not up to the job. We have struggled ever since. SC was really just a sticking plaster sort of thing. He got the best out of what he had but again there was no long term plan. And so here we are today again.

1 minute ago, killie billies pal said:

OHara is a good shout, plenty of pace and drive which is very sadly missing from our current crop.

Tin hat on, I didn’t think Iain Wilson was that bad either, used as a utility player by even SC and didn’t really let us down , not sure how he has done at Pars but feel he may have done a job in our current situation. 

On the bench or not event yhat anytime ive seen them.

2 hours ago, Zorro said:

Going back to one we let go, I think Mark O’Hara could have been better than Gary Dicker was for us under SC, if O’Hara had been coached by SC.

2 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

Tin hat on, I didn’t think Iain Wilson was that bad either, used as a utility player by even SC and didn’t really let us dow.

We've totally got a history of this - not fielding young players, or playing them out of position and its a case of what could have been.

O'Hara, Wilson, Irvine(I know he wasn't ours, but look how he was treated and how good he is now), Cameron, Ally Taylor, I'm sure there are dozens.  Pretty sure Liam Kelly only got a debut out of necessity (under Calderwood?) and he turned out great.

I'm convinced its to do with the league being far too small and stressful each year for teams.  The media may delight in everyone's relegation-threatened misery, but its crap for youth development.

Theres obviously a balance to be had though - that we have totally shunned in favour of slow motion cronies -and some of our most experienced recent players, Fowler and McKenzie - did their development suffer from our approach? that parts on Killie - but the setup is hardly conducive to progressive youth development