Some Positives

MrTumnus

I know it's hard but I've come up with a few.

Power had a good game and did more than the rest of the midfield combined for most of the game.

McKenzie IMO turned the game for us as he harried and drove forward when he came on.

Haunstrup and Broadfoot had nightmares but they never hid, like others did. We will need this attitude on Monday, along with a better performance of course.

Lafferty and Pinnock chased lost causes all night right up to the final whistle. Dundee had obviously did their homework and effectively nullified them last night but they never gave up

We're only a goal behind when it could easily have been 2,3 or 4.

Main positives or is it hopes,

is that Burke often plays better at home

Lafferty has had 2 relatively quieter games so hope he sees this as game to show again his talents 

enough of the team see it as a last hurrah and to leave the club in a Positive way..

TW finally shows his tactical nous and sets out his team to exploit Dundee’s weak areas 

And surely Dundee can’t play that high a tempo and physical game again…

38 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

Only one positive. Remarkably we only lost 2-1. No other positives. 

This. No one played well they were just differing variations of s**te.

Im surprised that people are now trying to take positives from last night. It wasn’t anywhere near good enough from anyone involved. 

I have no confidence in that team of so called players to turn it round. Any decent manager can identify our weaknesses and when you look at the bench there is nothing to alter it. Diagonal balls between Broadfoot and our right back or Rossi and our left back. Pick up the second ball from the attempted clearance as our defensive shield from midfield has a massive Dicker sized hole in it. Press the midfield and cut out the threat from the wings. Do this all game and wait for the mistakes from the keeper, defenders or midfielders. Rossi and perhaps Power got pass marks from the midfield and defenders. The rest are useless and showed that again last night. 

Dundee will use the same tactic and we'll probably make the same mistakes. We are a very poor team but the lack of fight is inexcusable. I said they were bottlers before but got criticised for it. They bottled it last night.

I think the players think they are Premiership standard and that will carry them through. Most of them are nowhere near what is required in the Premiership. Fans thinking they are of that quality are as deluded as the players.

I was angry last night and am no less angry when I think about it now. We are at risk of squandering 28 years in the top flight. Dundee realise how difficult it is to get promoted.

If we go down I can't see us bouncing straight back up. We will also have a major fight to stay in the league next year if somehow we escape relegation. I think we're going down whether that be in 90 minutes, extra time or penalties.  None of us can say we haven't seen it coming. We haven't sleepwalked into this we've been awake all the time. 

Edited by MarkyMark

Positive not related to us - consensus seems to be that Dundee were notably worse, more tired in the second leg v Rovers and didn't manage the game all that well. No guarantee that will happen again, but wouldn't be surprised. They put a huge amount into that performance. 

4 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Positive not related to us - consensus seems to be that Dundee were notably worse, more tired in the second leg v Rovers and didn't manage the game all that well. No guarantee that will happen again, but wouldn't be surprised. They put a huge amount into that performance. 

Absolutely Raith shouldve had them pegged right back in that game.