The Euros

1 minute ago, gdevoy said:

Surely to f**k it has to be a damming inditement of the football authorities in this country that in a place as fitba daft as this they cannot even turn out a squad that could compete on the same pitch as the Welsh. But hey, as long as they are all enjoying their succulent lamb, job's a good un.

Is football not still their second sport as well. I’d regard them as more of a rugby nation

13 hours ago, RayD said:

Fair play to Wales... great result for them.
What are they, as a country, doing that Scotland are not in terms of generating players capable of performing at this level of competition?

They have a World class player and another who isn't far short of that. The two also have an amazing understanding of where the other is on the pitch. It has to be said they were excellent last night but bloody awful against Switzerland. How they managed to get a point out of that game I have no idea, mostly down to a great goalkeeping display by Danny Ward. Maybe it’s down to insularity and the move from Wales to England not being as big a deal as our players seem to find the move from Scotland. Also as Prahakillie said the big two here hoover up a lot of talented players and never use them.

2 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

They have a World class player and another who isn't far short of that. The two also have an amazing understanding of where the other is on the pitch. It has to be said they were excellent last night but bloody awful against Switzerland. How they managed to get a point out of that game I have no idea, mostly down to a great goalkeeping display by Danny Ward. Maybe it’s down to insularity and the move from Wales to England not being as big a deal as our players seem to find the move from Scotland. Also as Prahakillie said the big two here hoover up a lot of talented players and never use them.

English clubs will hoover up more Welsh players and never play them than what the Old Firm  do.There pro league is miles behind our top league and any promising player hasn’t much option but to go to England.There player would mostly have came through the English system which is far superior to ours.Not to mention the fact they might be more dedicated.Bit more luck than Scotland and a great display of goalkeeping got them through.If Robertson had scored it would have been a different result.  

11 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

English clubs will hoover up more Welsh players and never play them than what the Old Firm  do.There pro league is miles behind our top league and any promising player hasn’t much option but to go to England.There player would mostly have came through the English system which is far superior to ours.Not to mention the fact they might be more dedicated.Bit more luck than Scotland and a great display of goalkeeping got them through.If Robertson had scored it would have been a different result.  

Connah's Quay Nomads might have summat to say about your second remark Killiepies much as I hate to say it. See TNS, my local team signed Declan McManus from Dunfermline U21 international. 

25 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Connah's Quay Nomads might have summat to say about your second remark Killiepies much as I hate to say it. See TNS, my local team signed Declan McManus from Dunfermline U21 international. 

Paid a fee for him as well did they not. Seen £50k quoted. That’s more than a lot of teams in our top flight could afford upfront

24 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

The Welsh league is miles behind us in money and talent.Nomads was a freak result and the worst ever result from a  Scottish team in Europe.Darvel has signed a team of lower league pros along with a few others WOSL teams,Queens Park just paid there 1st ever transfer fee.None of the Welsh team play for any Welsh league team unlike us were half the team are home based or have played the some part of there career here 

22 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

The Welsh league is miles behind us in money and talent.Nomads was a freak result and the worst ever result from a  Scottish team in Europe.Darvel has signed a team of lower league pros along with a few others WOSL teams,Queens Park just paid there 1st ever transfer fee.None of the Welsh team play for any Welsh league team unlike us were half the team are home based or have played the some part of there career here 

Right oh

The Welsh don't have much of an internal league, but they do have Cardiff and Swansea playing in the Championship which is a higher standard than our top division apart from one or two clubs. Since they are in the Championship they can also command higher transfer fees which can be used to improve training facilities. Swansea received around £11m for Joe Rodon from Spurs, an SPFL team outside of the top two would be lucky to get a third of that for a similar player. What could Killie do with £11m ? Put in place first class training facilities, replace the plastic pitch with grass/hybrid, increase playing budget, clear all debt, improve facilities for fans, etc,etc. Only two clubs in Scotland can get close to market value for their players the rest of us take what we can get if they haven’t already gone without playing first team football. 

20 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

The Welsh don't have much of an internal league, but they do have Cardiff and Swansea playing in the Championship which is a higher standard than our top division apart from one or two clubs. Since they are in the Championship they can also command higher transfer fees which can be used to improve training facilities. Swansea received around £11m for Joe Rodon from Spurs, an SPFL team outside of the top two would be lucky to get a third of that for a similar player. What could Killie do with £11m ? Put in place first class training facilities, replace the plastic pitch with grass/hybrid, increase playing budget, clear all debt, improve facilities for fans, etc,etc. Only two clubs in Scotland can get close to market value for their players the rest of us take what we can get if they haven’t already gone without playing first team football. 

Fair comment. I must confess I got a bit prickly, as a while back at a barbie someone was slagging off Scottish football to me, basically saying no talent, no quality, what's the point of it?. Was rather annoying. Well I have watched the WPL for many years as a TNS supporter and yes I do get the point it's not the standard of the SPL but I have found many games entertaining and exciting so never disrespect it.