Broadfoot offered deal

Killieboys

2 hours ago, Harrogate Peter said:

There seems to be an idea that Broadfoot can encourage younger players and would be happy as a back up.

Where has this come from?

It utterly bewilders me if anyone looks at the stats since he came back and his performances how can they believe this?

Then you add the blaming Rossi incident and the vitriol when he first left.

This is a no brainer ...... Bye Kirk!

Bit like saying that Jimmy Saville could help with the kids...

Just now, Prahakillie said:

He's taken a lot of stick but I think you owe him an apology for that one. 

I did wonder just as I pressed submit, so yes, apologies Kirk! However, the analogy was more to show how unsuited he would be to developing our young talent given his treatment of Rossi and other anecdotes posters have mentioned.

2 hours ago, Prahakillie said:

So is Rangers, allegedly. 

Your point being?

Freemasonry again has f**k all to do with Football, clubs or other organised sporting activities.

It is a philanthropic organisation, whose members donate tens of thousands pounds the length and breadth of Scotland to their local and I stress local childrens and cancer charities, as well.as others.

There are jewish lodges, military lodges,  catholic was mastwr when Inwas initiated, passed and raised.  His deputy was a proddy Sevco fan.  A Muslim was master of a Jewish Lodge.

If society as a whole held to the tolerance and benevolance you find in every masonic lodge in Scotland, the world would be a better place.

Its about as far removed frlm the OO as you can imagine.

23 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Do they ? Please elaborate are you in the know.There are plenty of other Killie players past and present (and managers ) who are Freemasons.2B1 is 2 know 1.

My remarks were tongue in cheek but as I have hit a nerve I take it you have just outed your self?got friends/family who are high up in both organisations but I don’t really see the point in either but each to there own 

30 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Your point being?

Freemasonry again has f**k all to do with Football, clubs or other organised sporting activities.

It is a philanthropic organisation, whose members donate tens of thousands pounds the length and breadth of Scotland to their local and I stress local childrens and cancer charities, as well.as others.

There are jewish lodges, military lodges,  catholic was mastwr when Inwas initiated, passed and raised.  His deputy was a proddy Sevco fan.  A Muslim was master of a Jewish Lodge.

If society as a whole held to the tolerance and benevolance you find in every masonic lodge in Scotland, the world would be a better place.

Robbie Coltrane has a lot to answer for with his portrayal of Mason Boyne 

33 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Your point being?

So you don’t ride goats?

On 5/26/2021 at 2:51 PM, Zorro said:

We’re going to be seen as a scalp in the championship. Teams are going to be bursting a gut to beat us. W

Just like the old days when we were in the 2nd Division. East Fife,Stranraer, Brechin City,East Stirlingshire Queens Park all upped their games. 

19 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

I think we are all agreed that he's a bigoted Hun from a bigoted family in a bigoted village in deepest A*rshire.

Surely the point of the argument is whether he is good enough for another year with us in the Championship.

Granted he's not the brightest, his recent performances have been utter s**te, and he's definitely NOT captain material,  but he's a seasoned professional with many years of experience and he could, at the right wage, be a decent cover for next season.

Is it true all his siblings have the same initials?

On 5/26/2021 at 7:03 PM, Mogwai said:

I can see why you say that, but I think he offers more than you give him credit for.

I think he's a guy who has been asked to play week in, week out as the lynchpin of our defense and has found it tougher and tougher both as he got older and as we lost Findlay. To be expected at his age as a pro footballer. 

He has vast experience and could be a benefit due to his effect on the team around him, especially if he recalibrates his playing ambitions to allow himself to be deployed in a less active team role.

Actually after I have calmed down a bit after Monday and on reflection I can see we were perhaps relying on him maybe for a bit more than he had to offer. Particularly after the departure of Findly. 

4 hours ago, EKX16 said:

Just like the old days when we were in the 2nd Division. East Fife,Stranraer, Brechin City,East Stirlingshire Queens Park all upped their games. 

1 minute ago, Richie242KFC said:

Remember that well, especially with East Fife and Stranraer - they seemed to hate us.

Shame Brechin City away cracking hedge.

• 2 months later...