squad update from official website

Killiegram

Wording is strange. Innes Cameron has signed a contract.  

We know the players who are not being offered contracts. We know those who are returning to their clubs. We know the players who are under contract it doesn’t say that we wouldn’t look at offers for them. We know the players who have been offered contracts. Burke and Broadfoot have not been offered playing contracts but have they been offered another role at the club. That is the inference.

Personally I wouldn’t have Broadfoot at the club in any capacity. He isn’t a leader. He doesn’t take responsibility and blames others for mistakes. I also wouldn’t have him coaching as he isn’t a good player. One thing he can could do is tell the players mistakes to avoid as he has made plenty of them!!!

Keeping Millen, McGowan, Haunstrup and Waters is mental. I don’t think any of them are good enough to get us back into the SPL.

Edited by MarkyMark

3 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

Wording is Odd. Ines Cameron has been offered a contract.  We know the players who are not being offered contracts. We know those who are returning to their clubs. We know the players who are under contract it doesn’t say they we wouldn’t look for offers for them. We know who we have offered contracts to. Burke and Broadfoot have not been offered playing contracts but have they been offered another role at the club. That is the suggestion. Personally I wouldn’t have Broadfoot at the club in any capacity. He isn’t a leader. He doesn’t take responsibility and blames others for mistakes. I also wouldn’t have him coaching as he isn’t a good player. One thing he can could do is tell the players mistakes to avoid as he has made plenty of them!!

I suspect the offer is as a squad player or a wage cut .... 

1 minute ago, Mclean07 said:

While I understand the concerns about the full backs, there is a limit to how much we can change in one window. The above will leave us needing to recruit two goalkeepers and maybe four central defenders. Even of the others accept a contract, we will need at least three midfielders, a wide player and two strikers. That’s a lot of recruitment, so I think he will be targeting the immediate priorities. Let’s have a bit of realism. 

Said similar earlier in another thread ... we need to keep some bodies around to have a base to build from.

1 minute ago, Lions13 said:

Is it possible that Burke and Broadfoot have asked for time to consider what they want to do?

Retire, coach, or play on.

Possibly, but Broadfoot should have been told that no matter what he wants to do it won’t be anywhere near Rugby Park

3 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Why in gods name are we offering that clown Millen a contract 

His eat s**t & die da doesn't have an extension with Morton, yet? Got to let him get his feet under the table full time, before we parachute the wee fella in.

1 minute ago, killie89 said:

Possibly, but Broadfoot should have been told that no matter what he wants to do it won’t be anywhere near Rugby Park

That’s my view. We need to make the decisions. If Burke and Broadfoot has been offered playing contracts the statement would say that. If Broadfoot thinks he can play on he must be considering the West of Scotland League because that is his level.

Can't believe we could end up with the same 4 full backs who have been dreadful for us for the majority of the season.  

Obviously 2 of them are under contract but that should have been an easy decision to get rid of Millen and Waters. 

Makes me worried what else we'll bring in. 

4 minutes ago, Graham said:

Pinnock’s  another one. Why we offering him a new deal. Can’t beat a man and get a cross in. In the 2 games against Dundee he was anonymous. 

The only thing I can think of is that they are on minimum wages and they are take it or leave it deals. They are hardly being kept for their future potential value.

1 minute ago, IMO said:

I feel like a lone voice but I want Burke to stay - model professional, was our best player in the first half of season ( yes was best of a bad bunch!) and if we are bringing younger inexperienced players through you need a role model and he is the best we have for this - just sayin!

I'd love to keep Burke as he is now. Sadly age is catching up with him and will just shave millineters off his pace every game no matter how much of a model professional he is. And also with age recovery from any injury just takes longer and longer. It sounds from "considering his future" that he knows all of this and needs to think about coaching or meeja in the future.

7 minutes ago, Graham said:

Pinnock’s  another one. Why we offering him a new deal. Can’t beat a man and get a cross in. In the 2 games against Dundee he was anonymous. 

In fairness, the whole team was anonymous in both games. Pinnock has been one of the players getting pass marks in recent weeks.

5 minutes ago, IMO said:

I feel like a lone voice but I want Burke to stay - model professional, was our best player in the first half of season ( yes was best of a bad bunch!) and if we are bringing younger inexperienced players through you need a role model and he is the best we have for this - just sayin!

Very much hoping that he stays, so you’re not alone. He’s been a superb player for us, a true pro and a good representative for the club. He’s also doing his coaching qualifications and undoubtedly had something to offer young players. 

I don’t think he’s a starter that we can rely on for the bulk of a Championship season, but definitely a wise head you’d benefit from in the dressing room and around training. 

If anything, we should be investing in his coaching development. 

14 minutes ago, pmonty3 said:

I’d sincerely hope Millen and Waters are being offered deals as back up players, with an eye on offloading Haunstrup and McGowan - who’ll be on better £. 

I’d be very surprised if Haunstrup and McGowan are here next season.

I wonder if Burke and Broadfoot have made an agreement with TW and/or the club that they want to be the ones who announce their retirement/next steps, rather than it come from the club. Make it seem like they have made the decision rather than been let go?