Gary Dicker Apologizes

We really should accept that a fit Gary Dicker was a big plus for our club he performed for the most part as an important player for us either in midfield or dropping back to the defence when needed.

Obviously the last few years his standards dropped but he was not alone in that respect and although we are all hurting just now I'm sure his words are genuine in that he also feels the same and we will never really know the true circumstances surrounding AA's departure from our club only a few people really know the truth about that.

So I for once will wish him all the best for the future and thank him for his positive contribution to our club he is not solely to blame for our current situation and its time for us all to accept this and move on !

As he says himself words are cheap

It's easy to come out now and say the team weren't good enough

As captain you need to do something about this DURING the bad times, he openly said the game was gone after 15 mins. Can you imagine Charlie Adam thinking or saying that if it was vice versa?

It's hard to say this but he was beyond a joke in a lot of games this season, losing the ball constantly / not tracking back or doing the basics that just required some effort or fight.

Do I hate Gary Dicker, not at all. He has been a great servant to us and been a huge player under Clarke, particularly in Old Firm games at RP. Just feel let down by him this season. Particular low moment was him and Broadfoot screaming at Rossi.

Edited by AyrshireCocard

52 minutes ago, jesper said:

This. 

Jesus, how quick the ride turns. 

You'd genuinely have thought the guy, with help from Broadfoot, was single-handedly relegating the club last week.

I can understand the frustrations posted recently, even get some of the anger, although I never did "get" or accept the personal and vitriolic abuse hurled his way, that was incredible. 

Now it's all "wish you the best" etc etc... That just doesn't reconcile for me.

Edit:

Actually, on re-read, I don't agree with your post. We need more proof before sticking Dicker with the badge of "toxic". 

Whilst we did get relegated under Dicker's captaincy, that could easily have been any one of the other 10 players wearing that armband - we were just s**te, individually and as a team. No one individual was responsible imho. 

Can't say I have seen a single post on here that suggests that he, alone or with Broadfoot, is the reason we went down. But I don't think anyone can really argue that he wasn't central to it. It is well documented that he was central to the disruption under AA, as captain. He was public about it 's**tshow'. You can argue that he has his right to an opinion, BUT HE WAS THE CAPTAIN.

He put himself above the club, and it lead to it being relegated. Forgive me for not waving a hanky as he rides off into the sunset.

I liked him, he was often our best player before and during SSC. His legacy though, is captaining the side to it''s first relegation in 30 years

Edited by bute-killiefan

2 hours ago, Ipkis said:

This was a failing on the part of the board, but once it happened, the players got in the manager they wanted, and we became a far poorer side very quickly. That was Alex Dyer's fault.

Absolutely, and dont disagree on the point about AD, as it was his remit to coach and organise a defence and midfield to shop shipping ridiculous goals, which he failed to do.However, TW had 4 months to do likewise, albeit with the same players, and also failed to do so (St.Mirren in both home games and both matches against Dundee prime examples), and so, along with Dyer is part of a myriad list of factors for where we are.

Edited by Jedi2

The biggest indictment in that article is that the players thought the game was finished after 15 minutes. If we won 3-2 it would have taken the tie to extra time. Indicates that the players didn’t have the right attitude and were resigned to defeat. A defeatist attitude from senior players is never going to create a winning team. We still had time to score 3 goals if we had a captain and senior players that were prepared to get a grip of the game.

Players make reputations at clubs and tarnish them. Dicker will be remembered as the captain that led the team that got us relegated after 28 years as an SPL club.

One other measure if you met him would you go up to him and thank him for his time at Killie, would you say you played a part in getting us relegated or ignore him on the basis he was irrelevant. I’d do the later as he tarnished his reputation with his actions and performances over the last two seasons.

I can compare that to other ex players who left on better terms that I’ve met and spoken to.

Edited by MarkyMark

Easy to forget in his first half season where we eventually faced a playoff he was a standout, we could have been relegated 5 years ago if he hadn’t signed. He of course wasn’t single handedly responsible for us staying up that season, just like he wasn’t single handedly responsible for us going down this season. He has still served the club well, a part of our biggest recent successes, even this season where he was clearly past his best he still captained a team of kids to a very credible performance, one day out of isolation - not the actions of a selfish individual who doesn’t care about the club. 
Fans are rightly upset with what has happened to the club, but one aging player is only a small part of the reason. 
I wish him well. 

3 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

Absolutely, and dont disagree on the point about AD, as it was his remit to coach and organise a defence and midfield to shop shipping ridiculous goals, which he failed to do.However, TW had 4 months to do likewise, albeit with the same players, and also failed to do so (St.Mirren in both home games and both matches against Dundee prime examples), and so, along with Dyer is part of a myriad list of factors for where we are.

So, TW isn't the man then? Who do you bring in? Remember we have 5 signed players and are in the Championship. Not sure Klopp or Guardiola could be tempted.

Imo TW has improved us. Just not quite enough to keep us up.

9 hours ago, Allan said:

Did anyone else think anything different? 

I did. When we went 1 nil down. I thought all we need to do is win 2-1 to remain in the tie. When we went 2-0 down I thought we need to win 3-2. If we had scored earlier or got a second goal Dundee could have panicked. We have all seen momentum shifts in games. The fact that the team Captain said the game was lost after 25 minutes tells you all you need to know about his leadership. Who were the seniors players on the pitch that drove the team on over 2 legs? We looked like the Championship tather than Dundee and the experienced players that were meant to help failed. 

11 minutes ago, skygod said:

Trailing 4-1 on aggregate and the worse team on the night, I had no illusions that the tie was winnable.

I thought we might lose 0-5 or something. 

We only had to win 3-2 to take it to extra time. It is not inconceivable that with the right frame of mind and attitude that such a result was possible. TW referred to the mentality of the players and Dickers statement illustrates the same weakness from experienced players.

Edited by MarkyMark

28 minutes ago, Fudger said:

And someone votes you down on this post FFS.

Sad bastards.  

Agenda driven sadly.

A bit like the "clique" chat.

Broadfoot, Dicker and a few anonymous ones. 

The problem with that is Kiltie was a member of the (non existent) Clique. Does he get a pass until he leaves the club and then we can pile on?

Not sure you can have a Clique with just 2 people...

1 hour ago, Twonky65 said:

Terminology. Within the concepts of sociology, cliques are a formation of two or more individuals who share bonding characteristics that allow for them to identify with one another to form a social network. Those within the group communicate and associate with one another more than those outside of the group.

2 hours ago, Twonky65 said:

Agenda driven sadly.

A bit like the "clique" chat.

Broadfoot, Dicker and a few anonymous ones. 

The problem with that is Kiltie was a member of the (non existent) Clique. Does he get a pass until he leaves the club and then we can pile on?

Craig Bryson posted a photo of "the coffee club" with the Scottish cup.....imagine that, people in a place of work having pals closer than others. 

2 minutes ago, superfan said:

I am too well mannered to respond to your infantile retort.

That's a shame you feel it is infantile, but the initial comment was suggesting that 'cliques' are harmless because there's one at St Johnstone. As if it is close to the same thing. You want folk to shut up and go away