No good deed goes unpunished ?

Allan

After Livingston’s late winner on Boxing Day it was now five defeats in a row for Killie and eight losses in nine league games. Alex Dyer responded to the defeat by saying he would have no complaints if the club’s board decided his time was up.
Dyer Said:  "If Billy [Bowie, Kilmarnock chairman] says tomorrow 'that's time' I'll shake his hand and give him a hug because they've been good to me".

Many Killie fans were expecting Dyer to be binned..... Unfortunately Killie's next Club Press Release was.... 

“Kilmarnock Football Club utterly condemns a letter which was delivered to the club this morning containing racist abuse directed at our manager, Alex Dyer. We are working with Police Scotland to identify any individuals involved in this disgusting act and we will pursue the strongest possible action we can against them. Racism in any form is completely unacceptable and must be called out whenever and wherever it is found.  As a club, we have shown our support to rid the game and society as a whole of racial discrimination by taking the knee before each fixture this season and we will continue to do so.”
In hindsight it was pretty obvious that Dyer knew his time was up, however the Club chose to stand behind him, in light of the racist abuse he had just received.

Killie did the honorable thing, however Dyer's sacking was inevitable, and came "a bit to late" (Cathy Jamieson, May 2021). Tommy Wright ended up with no transfer window to work with, and two dud keepers into the bargain. 

One can certainly argue, that the highly unfortunate racist letter (aimed at Alex Dyer) that the club received, prolonged Dyer's tenure, leaving a replacement manager with no transfer window to work with. 

No good deed goes unpunished ..... Right?

1 hour ago, Angelo's Ashes said:

And well-known racist Malky Mackay gets the Ross County job. It's all a bit suspicious. 

Did he write the letter to improve County's chances of staying in the top division?

That’s old firm levels of stupidity?

2 hours ago, Angelo's Ashes said:

And well-known racist Malky Mackay gets the Ross County job. It's all a bit suspicious. 

Did he write the letter to improve County's chances of staying in the top division?

Jesus Wept

Statements like this make me understand why some Americans were putting petrol in plastic bags.

It would have taken strong leadership at board level to sack Dyer. However, he should have been sacked and the position explained. If we hadn’t considered replacing him it is incompetence at board level. If we had thought about it but decided not to because of a single racists incident then that is also incompetence. No one would have suggested the board were racist if the reasons for his sacking were explained to the media. This was the board who when sacking Alessio said it was time for a change when you could argue racism among the playing staff (who are employees of the club) played a part in getting him sacked as he was ridiculed for his lack of English. 

Edited by MarkyMark

54 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

No one would have suggested the board were racist if the reasons for his sacking were explained to the media.

Nobody who looked at the facts could have suggested that sacking him was racially motivated.

I suspect their concerns were not so much about media and public perception but for Dyer’s own feelings.

5 minutes ago, skygod said:

Nobody who looked at the facts could have suggested that sacking him was racially motivated.

I suspect their concerns were not so much about media and public perception but for Dyer’s own feelings.

So we put the managers feelings above the success of the club. If his feelings were an issue they could have put a support package in place when he was replaced. 

13 hours ago, MarkyMark said:

So we put the managers feelings above the success of the club. If his feelings were an issue they could have put a support package in place when he was replaced. 

IT should never have came to this Alex Dyer should never have got the job in the first place and that is why Billy Bowie is responsible for the relegation of our great club.

16 hours ago, skygod said:

Correct. Facts were there. Get the sensitivity but that’s what leaders are tasked to do. Make the tough decisions in the interests of the cause. Unforgivable to employ and fail to get rid of Alex. The reason we are now a championship side. There is no way that’s where we were at prior to Dyer. Bad board decisions - lack of ambition in signings fir me, bad money spent on loans- but well away from bottom teams. Until Dyer. 

1 minute ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Correct. Facts were there. Get the sensitivity but that’s what leaders are tasked to do. Make the tough decisions in the interests of the cause. Unforgivable to employ and fail to get rid of Alex. The reason we are now a championship side. There is no way that’s where we were at prior to Dyer. Bad board decisions - lack of ambition in signings fir me, bad money spent on loans- but well away from bottom teams. Until Dyer. 

By God we are paying for it now.