Kieran MacDonald

Just now, Twonky65 said:

Called a clown by you?! 

Get a grip. All about opinions (even though yours changes every 5 seconds)

? where has my opinion changed?

But yours isn't opinion. Its just stupid comments. 

We are a championship club now. Dreaming of players above our station is gone for the time being. Whether we have the biggest budget or not. Players aren't going to want to play in the championship if they can get Premier league. (For the most part)

1 hour ago, stewarty66 said:

What like Kevin Nisbet, Andy Robertson and Lyndon Dykes were?

All made their names in the Championship or lower.

The problem for me is this guy is 28 in July and he may have limited improvement in him. If we are seriously going for promotion in one year we need to build a team who have a nucleus of SPL standard players not another journeyman full back. Ok if  both Haunstrup and Waters punted then I see the reasoning but not as it stands.

1 hour ago, kfc_superteam said:

Gardyne and Billy McKay released. Scott Robinson wanted by Thistle and raith

48 minutes ago, muza1962 said:

Both please for me

Surely neither. Both well over 30, and Burke scored more goals last season than the two of them put together.

If we go for outfield players over 30, they need to be bringing something really special - e.g. Lafferty. 

We're looking to get rid of fading players, not add more. 

Some nutty comments on this thread.  This is exactly the kind of player we should be looking at.  Comfortable at this level, intelligent and could step up a level. We need a balance of players who have been there but want to progress to a club likely to get promoted and kick on from there.  

Known quantity, ambitious, not a prima Donna, affordable, ideally someone who was playing regularly first team for their current club or fits TW’s model for a team.  

1 minute ago, bute-killiefan said:

Players that are widely regarded as ready and able to take the step up to the Premiership are exactly the kind of players we should be looking at. Promotion next season is one thing, but it will be a struggle to consolidate that position, should we go up

Good point especially will the club have the funds to consolidate when lilkeley post£ 2 million loss next year. ?