Chris Burke

smudger05

Think Burkie has the brains to make it as a good coach, however if were offering him a coaching/playing role with more empahsis in coaching then as a player in his last years he wants to play so if st mirren are offering this then maybe he's finding it hard that his career is coming to an end.... 

Really hope he stays. He was great last season but clearly was running out of steam near the end.

Feel like utilised properly he'd rip up the championship this season. Can't see the point in going to st mirren. Imagine the pay isn't going to be much different to us, and st mirren aren't realistically going to achieve anything spectacular. Although St Johnstone have proved that anything's possible.

After waxing lyrical about killie i'd think he'd stay and hopefully sign off having taken us back up.

7 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

Going to another team and learning from other coaches can only be of benefit to his career IMO . 
Then come back to coach/manage us in the future 

Bang on - give him a 2 year deal and lend him to St Mirren for his last season. That allows him to fulfil his SPL aspirations rather than finishing in the lower league. When we go back up to the SPL he joins the coaching staff which will need beefed up. If for any reason we don’t make it back within a year we will be looking for a new coaching team/Manager and he would be an ideal choice. Too valuable to lose his expertise to another Club.

I hope he stays (if we’ve offered him a contract) I think he still has what it takes to shine in the championship. He was disappointing at the end of the season and being the perfectionist that he is he must be aware of that and that could influence whether he thinks he is capable of another season of premiership football. 

A guy id really like to see end his career at Killie.

5 hours ago, killiebythesea said:

You can still love Killie and go and play with another team.  He's in the last stages of his career and may well fancy one last season in the top flight.  He has been a great servant to Killie and will go with my thanks and best wishes if he chooses to leave. 

100% this. ??

3 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Who’s to say Burke would be a good coach? Giving people jobs because of who they are/sentiment is what got us in this mess in the first place.

You can never tell but he seems intelligent, speaks well about the game and is clearly interested in pursuing a coaching career. (has already taken some badges I believe)

1 minute ago, Prahakillie said:

You can never tell but he seems intelligent, speaks well about the game and is clearly interested in pursuing a coaching career. (has already taken some badges I believe)

We don’t have time on our side. We need promotion next season. I would rather his wage as a coach was spent elsewhere. 

4 hours ago, tanerba'Tam said:

Bang on - give him a 2 year deal and lend him to St Mirren for his last season. That allows him to fulfil his SPL aspirations rather than finishing in the lower league. When we go back up to the SPL he joins the coaching staff which will need beefed up. If for any reason we don’t make it back within a year we will be looking for a new coaching team/Manager and he would be an ideal choice. Too valuable to lose his expertise to another Club.

?