Daniel Armstrong

Bellman2010

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I think Waters was nursing an injury too towards the end of the season. Did he not recently have an operation on his hernia or something? That may also have contributed to Haunstrup playing more matches. 

Yes, think I read somewhere that he was playing with a hernia problem until the end of season.

Tommy Wright has continued his Killie rebuild with the signing of Daniel Armstrong from Raith Rovers.

The 23-year-old winger becomes our second summer signing following Euan Murray’s arrival from Dunfermline.

Daniel played a key part in Rovers’ push for a promotion play-off spot last term as the Fife side finished third in the Championship.

Speaking to the club website after signing a deal until the summer of 2023, Daniel said: “I’ve known about Killie’s interest for a while and I’m delighted to get it over the line. Kilmarnock is a big club and I want to be part of a team which can get us back to the Premiership.”

Tommy Wright said: “I’ve known Daniel for a long time and I tried to sign him on loan when he was a youngster with Wolves.

“He’s someone I’ve kept an eye on and he’s got more experience and did extremely well with Raith last season, scoring goals and registering a number of assists.

“He’s an exciting player who is a good age with experience of this league, which is important and I believe there’s scope for Daniel to improve even further at Kilmarnock”

Tell you what, the pain of relegation is lessened somewhat by evidence of a clear plan of action with regards to moving players on that are not 100% committed (e.g. Millen) and securing what look like sensible transfer targets with a minimal of fuss.

I suppose the scythe of being pumped in the playoffs really does focus the mind.

Happy with that. The general consensus among Rovers fans is that his biggest asset is his pace and how hard he works - but his crossing and delivery from set pieces is awful. 

He does however know Macdonald's game inside out so if they are linking up on the left we shouldn't have to worry too much about cohesion being an issue - both should hit the ground running playing alongside each other in a league they know. 

5 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

This seems more of a risk than Murray but hope he does well. 

That definitely seems to be the consensus - that said, I'd have given anything for a pacy inconsistent winger that runs a lot last season... 

Edited by mitch14

8 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Welcome to Killie Daniel. Picking talent from rivals is the way ahead. Another 2 year deal too. Who will be next? 

It would be insane of us to offer 1 year deals for aspiring players. We need to dangle that carrot of potential premiership football next season. For older guys like burke and lafferty it'll be 1 year deals.

29 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

That definitely seems to be the consensus - that said, I'd have given anything for a pacy inconsistent winger that runs a lot last season... 

One of our problems (and there were plenty) was the lack of a speedy player to get us out and up the pitch. That lead to spells of pressure we couldn't cope with. Our solution to blast the ball forward to an isolated and outnumbered attacker never worked either!

Loving the new approach and recruitment. Keep it up!