Daniel Armstrong

Bellman2010

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

Any news on Lafferty, Kiltie or Burke? 

I had heard some were being clever and buying themselves more time by saying there were some issues on the contract offer they would like to discuss further and as such granted extra time to carry out such negotiations. Might just be waiting to see what other offers come along but seems the sensible approach and keeps their options open. 

4 hours ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Its that thing that Jordan Jones bottled up from Killie and took with him to Ibrox.

Haha. All joking aside, it'll make such a difference watching some players who are able to actually run. It's well documented that Jones end product was eh, not the best, but having someone with pace able to get us up the pitch and leave opposition with something to concern them even when they're attacking will be a big help. As was often the case with Jones, imo.

Edited by Dieter's Heeder

5 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Haha. All joking aside, it'll make such a difference watching some players who are able to actually run. It's well documented that Jones end product was eh, not the best, but having someone with pace able to get us up the pitch and leave opposition with something to concern them even when they're attacking will be a big help. As was often the case with Jones, imo.

I look back at those Aberdeen and St Mirren cup defeats and think what  difference a sub, even a not particularly good one, with a bit of pace would have made in stopping us from capitulating... Get us up the pitch, occupy midfielders etc

10 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

I look back at those Aberdeen and St Mirren cup defeats and think what  difference a sub, even a not particularly good one, with a bit of pace would have made in stopping us from capitulating... Get us up the pitch, occupy midfielders etc

100%. 

Scottish football requires physicality but pace shouldn't be completely neglected as it seems to have been the case over the last 2 seasons.

“The manager’s record at St Johnstone was outstanding and someone I would like to play under and he sold it to me right away."

Seems to backup what somone said about TW going out and really selling the club to players. Good to see

Turns out Robinson said similar

He sold it to me right away. The fans will see a massive difference in me. 

Edited by Pompey Repatriated

• 4 weeks later...

Interview from the Standard: 

Daniel Armstrong reckons Kilmarnock can thrive off being among promotion favourites

Armstrong – who joined the Rugby Park side from Raith Rovers – is raring to go and has his sights set firmly on bouncing back to the Premiership at the first time of asking.

Daniel Armstrong reckons Kilmarnock’s squad will thrive off being one of the favourites for promotion.

The winger – who joined the Rugby Park side from Raith Rovers – is raring to go and has his sights set firmly on bouncing back to the Premiership at the first time of asking.

The 23-year-old has plenty of Championship experience including his spell with the Kirkcaldy side as well as Dunfermline Athletic and Ross County in the second flight – so he knows what it takes to be a success in this league.

And he is hoping to use that experience to his advantage.

Speaking to the Kilmarnock Standard, Armstrong said: “Killie are a Premiership club, but it is what it is.

“Everyone will probably treat us like the ‘big game’ in the league.

“We have got a great squad so far, we just need to work hard every day in training and then work hard in the games.

“I think with the boys we’ve got we will thrive off being one of the favourites to get promoted.

“Clubs will come here and aim to get a result, so it’s up to us to prove we can handle the pressure.

“We want to make teams fear coming to Rugby Park, so we have to get the right results to do that.

“But we will take each game as it comes and focus one each one.”

He added: “I have played in this league before with a few teams, I had a good season last year with Raith too.

“I know what it takes to play in this league so I think that will help me personally.

“You can see the quality that’s here, it’s just about everyone singing from the same hymn sheet now and getting points on the board.

“Getting back up is massive for the fans. I am looking forward to seeing the fans.

“When I signed I got so many positive messages and support, you can tell how great they are.

“So hopefully we can do well for them, and put on good performances for them.”

As soon as he heard about Killie boss Tommy Wright’s interest, Armstrong was keen to get the deal done.

He said: “I heard about the interest after my last game with Raith.

“I was going to sign here if the club stayed up, but even when they got relegated my mind was still made up.

“I still wanted to come here and play for the manager at this massive club.

“I was only ever going to come here, I am delighted.”

He added: “I was full-time at Raith, but the training schedule is better here.

“At Raith it would be Monday during the day, Tuesday and Thursday nights and then a Friday morning.

“So it’s good to be in a normal routine with training here.

“It has been brilliant, I have loved it since day one.

“It has been hard work, it’s tough, but that’s good.

“We are in Northern Ireland this week, it will be good to get the first couple of games in with the boys.

“Everyone has gelled well so far, I knew a couple of the boys before I came in.

“But even those that I didn’t know it’s fine, everyone is getting on well which is great to see heading into the season.”

Meanwhile Armstrong reckons Tommy Wright can make him a better player.

The winger has every faith that the Northern Irish gaffer can develop his playing abilities even further.

Wright tried to sign Armstrong for St Johnstone when he was playing at Wolves so he knows what he’s all about.

But now he is actually getting to work under him, he appreciates how good a boss Wright is.

He said: “I’ve known the gaffer for a while, I knew there was interest before.

“This is the first time I’ve worked under him, and it’s brilliant.

“The coaches are brilliant too, it’s good so far for sure.”

He added: “He is old school, but I think that’s good.

“He is a manager who knows what he wants and expects from his players.

“I feel that he will make me a better player, and that’s why I wanted to come here.

“I want to improve, and I think I’ll do that here.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/daniel-armstrong-reckons-kilmarnock-can-24422930?fbclid=IwAR0xnB20GNwfGvK1T_8jOuI19xWt5aosVtBhaapRa_Tmho-mXemgWRltMAM