12 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Gutted if true but don’t blame him for leaving. 

I’m a little confused about this comment, I blame every single one of them for our relegation, neither he nor any other player has the right to feel aggrieved if they are being told to look elsewhere. 
I said earlier, and stick by it I. That he was a lot better than many others, that sadly doesn’t make him untouchable IMO. 

1 minute ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

He was brilliant for us from that day he reappeared against Partick away until this season, when I just got the impression too much was being asked of him. 

With Dicker practically disabled for most of the season he was having to cover for two, and also had a heavier onus than before to try and start attacks.

I just felt everything he did was getting more and more rushed and pressurised, and the bookings count tells its own story about the loss of a half yard in pace. He was also leaving gaps all over the shop by getting over-committed into tackles.

I think with new, mobile, organised  team-mates he would have been able to do another decent season with us (unlike DIcker who looks totally done) but it seems like it is not to be.

Spot on

Power if played beside a younger mobile box to box central midfielder would be a good partnership for next season IMO 

IF he is leaving then it’s a pity, yes there needed to be major changes in squad but I would have kept likes of Power 

We need to have a good positive start to next season for lots of reasons , huge onus on TW to find this whole new team and have them ready in time……..

3 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

I’m a little confused about this comment, I blame every single one of them for our relegation, neither he nor any other player has the right to feel aggrieved if they are being told to look elsewhere. 
I said earlier, and stick by it I. That he was a lot better than many others, that sadly doesn’t make him untouchable IMO. 

We were s**te but Power was one of our better performers over last 3 years. He would be missed massively. I reckon he’s one of very few who could get a better move than us.

I'd keep him, but the one silver lining from last season is I wouldnt lose sleep over everyone being let go.

Power was doing 2 jobs and one the few players that can hold their head high, but if Wright dosnt fancy him then so be it. We also need to carry some sort of threat from midfield, we must have the lowest number of goals from midfield that I can remember, none of them could shoot nevermind score!

42 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

I don’t think he has the energy or mobility for what is required in the Championship or SPL. Look at his performances against lower league teams including Ayr a couple of seasons ago. Time for us to go in another direction rather than sideways.

What a load of nonsense, let’s talk about a single game four years ago and miss out the fact that he was voted player of the year three years in a row. Don’t you think that might be a tiny bit more relevant? 
If he goes he will be very much missed, he was a great player for us. Had very few bad games. 

He is fantastic lots of other teams want him yet he could end up at Morton allegedly. The fact that we think any of the players from last season are good enough to keep apart from Lafferty tells it’s own story. They are all culpable.

I said before I would keep very few if any of them. If it takes us longer to get back to the SPL so be it but if we do I want us to have a younger team. 

Maybe Power felt it was time to move on and decided to seek pastures new. If he’s gone he’s gone. Time to move on hopefully with better younger more ambitious more mobile players. 

If he was as good as some think he wouldn’t or won’t end up at Morton. If he ends up there it is an indication of what the market thinks of him. 

Edited by MarkyMark

Middle of the season I have to say I wouldn’t have been too fussed about him leaving. He was the only presence in CM for much of the run in.

Id be disappointed to see him go. He’s got a combative nature and controlled(for the most part) aggression that will be useful next season.

It might be the players decision or Wright might see us going down a different route in that area of the park

He would’ve been my choice as team captain next season. Determined player and does the role of water carrier very well, lacks a little creativity.

Always leaves everything on the park and one of I would be sad to lose.

He is getting old and it might be best to ship him before we get to the dicker stage that he can’t run.

What’s his contract status. He signed an extension when we were a top six side. Would the wage be sustainable in the Championship even if budget isn’t changed. Could there be clauses in it linked to an extension or bonus that aren’t in the clubs best interests?

3 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Same guy who posted that we signed a player cause he delivered his boots.

There was something in that though wasn't there? THe guy whose boots we allegedly received is Mitch Pinnock's best mate or something.

3 minutes ago, GrazyKillie said:

He would’ve been my choice as team captain next season. Determined player and does the role of water carrier very well, lacks a little creativity.

Always leaves everything on the park and one of I would be sad to lose.

He is getting old and it might be best to ship him before we get to the dicker stage that he can’t run.

My feeling exactly. If we have the season we all hope gor next season I can't see Power contributing much in the Premier league 15 months from now.

2 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

My feeling exactly. If we have the season we all hope gor next season I can't see Power contributing much in the Premier league 15 months from now.

But he was the best midfielder in a midfield that got us relegated. Or a committed player in a team that got us relegated. 

Common theme. He was part of a team that got us relegated. Not only that they lost 24 games out of 38. 24 out if 38.

He was pretty ineffectual against Dundee over 2 legs. He wasn’t the worst but that isn’t saying much. If he’s gone. He’s gone. I’d prefer us not to make the same mistakes in holding on to players too long. 

we need younger more mobile more ambitious midfielders that carry a goal threat. Maybe we already have them in the ranks or maybe we need to find them. If he has been offered a decent longer term deal by Morton best of luck to him. 

With a cool head think of how many of the players from last season deserve to be part of our future if we want to het back to the SPL and stay there. Very few. 

Got off to the worst possible start in his killie career but soon became a killie hero with his never say die performances first name on the team sheet thought he would be our leader to bring us back up captain next season I would wish him all the best I know this season has been poor he is my daughters favourite player as well she even named her hamster power because he never stops 

20210530_214358.jpg

1 hour ago, MarkyMark said:

I don’t think he has the energy or mobility for what is required in the Championship or SPL. Look at his performances against lower league teams including Ayr a couple of seasons ago. Time for us to go in another direction rather than sideways.

You realise the ayr game was before SC came and made Power one of our most influential players. In fact, one of the best and consistent midfielders in the league?

Dick of the day.

He certainly hasn’t hit his past heights over the last season, but he has been so severely hampered by having to cover the abominably bad Dicker.  
Kante would have looked like s**t trying to cover Dicker’s every f**k up. 

I’d be disappointed to see him go. 

Edited by TLC