12 minutes ago, fullmetaljacket said:

Waiting on the abuse here, but honestly, I'd make him captain and build the team around him.

Not abusing. I can see why some like that idea.

I just don't know if losing another yard would be a nightmare in a championship midfield.

We might never know

There are very few players if any from last years squad that should or deserve to be starters this season or going forward

Let’s look at it another way which of the players we have under contract or have offered contracts to deserve to be certain starters. It’s a sobering thought as there are so few. 

Right now we don't even have 11 players.. if Power leaves we have 3 ... with 1 none of us wants to see play.

Power would be a starter next season.. he needs a midfield partner to play along side.

Does anyone not think any of the other championship teams wouldn't take a player of his experience and ability to be in their team.

All we are looking at signing is players who failed to cut it it in the uchampionship last year.. but they will turn into winners with us... wishfull thinking !

I suspect Power has an escape clause to leave if Killie were relegated. If he exercises that and gets better money, signing on fee etc, can you really blame him. As a support we have hung the 2 captains this year... slagged every player of including Power.. had TW slag him off on Sky - due to the error in the 2nd leg (as the experienced player he should have taken command) .... so any loyalty to Killie may be wearing thin.

While I have no issue with supporters venting their feelings.. however some on here feel its their right to be abusive to our team and go way overboard . 

I really hope we sign some quality players BUT our record in the last 4 windows, except for a certain 38 year old, has been abysmal..  let's see if it changes.

I will gladly come on an apologies if JF signs some real gems... but why would they come to Killie.. regulated team, plastic pitch, no team mates to play with yet. We have a massive task this summer.. to fix multiple years of neglect in updating our squad or spending our funds wisely.

9 minutes ago, drmurray said:

Right now we don't even have 11 players.. if Power leaves we have 3 ... with 1 none of us wants to see play.

Power would be a starter next season.. he needs a midfield partner to play along side.

Does anyone not think any of the other championship teams wouldn't take a player of his experience and ability to be in their team.

All we are looking at signing is players who failed to cut it it in the uchampionship last year.. but they will turn into winners with us... wishfull thinking !

I suspect Power has an escape clause to leave if Killie were relegated. If he exercises that and gets better money, signing on fee etc, can you really blame him. As a support we have hung the 2 captains this year... slagged every player of including Power.. had TW slag him off on Sky - due to the error in the 2nd leg (as the experienced player he should have taken command) .... so any loyalty to Killie may be wearing thin.

While I have no issue with supporters venting their feelings.. however some on here feel its their right to be abusive to our team and go way overboard . 

I really hope we sign some quality players BUT our record in the last 4 windows, except for a certain 38 year old, has been abysmal..  let's see if it changes.

I will gladly come on an apologies if JF signs some real gems... but why would they come to Killie.. regulated team, plastic pitch, no team mates to play with yet. We have a massive task this summer.. to fix multiple years of neglect in updating our squad or spending our funds wisely.

I think you may be pleasantly surprised by some of the players who will join us pre-season. 

19 minutes ago, drmurray said:

So managers and fans can't criticise players if they make mistakes. It's worse when senior players make mistakes as they should have experience not to make these mistakes. If players can't take criticism I'd suggest they don't have the mental fortitude to be successful. Our captains got criticism for their performances and as senior players and leaders for being unable to arrest the form of 24 defeats in 40 league games including 2 playoffs. Being unable to arrest that decline got us relegated. Some of these guys were paid handsomely whilst producing sub standard performances and have now moved on leaving the affects of their performances to be dealt with by others. 

We all know the task facing TW and JF and you are correct they are having to address multiple years of neglect in updating the squad which included retaining the senior players that you seem to be defending. 

We all need to get behind  the new squad but if the signings prove to be unsuccessful or the players signed make continual mistakes the manager and fans should be able to highlight this without those players or other fans being offended.  It depends if the criticism is justified, warranted and reasonable and the criticism of last years players and the senior players such as Dicker, Broadfoot and Power has been in my opinion. Power has had less criticism than the other senior players as at least he made an effort and had some decent performances. It is time to move on from the senior players that got us relegated after 28 years in the top flight. They failed individual and collectively over 40 games. 

Edited by MarkyMark

There’s two type of players, those who accept responsibility for their performances and stick around to deal with the consequences, and those who slink out the back door and leave others to clean up the mess. Power doesn’t owe us anything but by the same token, I won’t respect someone who bailed when the going got tough. 

16 minutes ago, Zorro said:

There’s two type of players, those who accept responsibility for their performances and stick around to deal with the consequences, and those who slink out the back door and leave others to clean up the mess. Power doesn’t owe us anything but by the same token, I won’t respect someone who bailed when the going got tough. 

Correct. Although far from the worst, Alan Power was a big part of the side that was relegated.

Up to him whether he wants to put that right.

45 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

So managers and fans can't criticise players if they make mistakes. It's worse when senior players make mistakes as they should have experience not to make these mistakes. If players can't take criticism I'd suggest they don't have the mental fortitude to be successful. Our captains got criticism for their performances and as senior players and leaders for being unable to arrest the form of 24 defeats in 40 league games including 2 playoffs. Being unable to arrest that decline got us relegated. Some of these guys were paid handsomely whilst producing sub standard performances and have now moved on leaving the affects of their performances to be dealt with by others. 

We all know the task facing TW and JF and you are correct they are having to address multiple years of neglect in updating the squad which included retaining the senior players that you seem to be defending. 

We all need to get behind  the new squad but if the signings prove to be unsuccessful or the players signed make continual mistakes the manager and fans should be able to highlight this without those players or other fans being offended.  It depends if the criticism is justified, warranted and reasonable and the criticism of last years players and the senior players such as Dicker, Broadfoot and Power has been in my opinion. Power has had less criticism than the other senior players as at least he made an effort and had some decent performances. It is time to move on from the senior players that got us relegated after 28 years in the top flight. They failed individual and collectively over 40 games. 

I didn't say that ...so don't twist my words ..  you can criticise as I clearly stated but some of the personal attacks have been overboard... I recognise  we all see the game differently but the trend this year h

The point I'm making is when it goes too far the damage isn't to a player but to us as a club...when you look for a new job most people check out how they treat staff and what the environment is like.. we would expect negativity due to the poor season but there is a limit.

52 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

I would say if you only have four players left under contract that is moving on. Alan Power is under contract until May 2022 so I don’t even know why this debate is taking place. 

33 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Do you ever post about anything else? What does McKenzie have to do with this?

A lot. 
Power has given us more in the past 4 years than Mckenzie has in 10. 

But here we are debating if Power of all people should stay or not and if you dare question Mckenzie’s ability or what he will bring to our squad next season you get hounded.

If any of our current 4/5 players should be questioned, Power isn’t one of them. In fact he’s the only one I would keep.

Same could be said of you to be fair, do you ever not defend Mckenzie? 

35 minutes ago, historyman said:

I would say if you only have four players left under contract that is moving on. Alan Power is under contract until May 2022 so I don’t even know why this debate is taking place. 

If Power stays he stays. If he goes he goes. Not fussed either way as he didn’t cover himself in glory either individually or collectively last year. He is 33 so unlikely to be the mobile midfielder we need this year or going forward. 

41 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

A lot. 
Power has given us more in the past 4 years than Mckenzie has in 10. 

But here we are debating if Power of all people should stay or not and if you dare question Mckenzie’s ability or what he will bring to our squad next season you get hounded.

If any of our current 4/5 players should be questioned, Power isn’t one of them. In fact he’s the only one I would keep.

Same could be said of you to be fair, do you ever not defend Mckenzie? 

You must be able to see the difference though? We are debating whether hes worth keeping or not in a thread specifically about a rumour that Power is going. 

You get pelters because you bring McKenzie up at every turn, ie in threads about other players. 

McKenzie is not that great a player but he does a job well in our team and plays with 100% in every game which is why folk come to his defence, as he is the absolute least of our problems given the utter garbage we've just been served up by lazy useless cowards. 

38 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

If Power stays he stays. If he goes he goes. Not fussed either way as he didn’t cover himself in glory either individually or collectively last year. He is 33 so unlikely to be the mobile midfielder we need this year or going forward. 

Do we need a mobile midfielder? Especially if his job is going to be just to sit in front of the defence? Hearts won the Championship at a canter with Andy Halliday and an aging Naisy in midfield - neither who list mobility as their main attribute.

Plus, I'm not sure Power's issue is mobility yet - its more his decision making that has dropped off a cliff.

2 hours ago, drmurray said:

As a support we have hung the 2 captains this year... slagged every player of including Power.. had TW slag him off on Sky - due to the error in the 2nd leg (as the experienced player he should have taken command) .... so any loyalty to Killie may be wearing thin.

Just read this back. Looks to me that you're saying if the Manager or fans criticise players this may affect the players loyalty. There were valid reasons for this criticism. TW is correct for the second goal Power should have taken control. He also shouldn't have tried to pirouette in our own box against St Mirren. If these criticisms affect his loyalty that's another reason not to have him at the club. 

9 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Do we need a mobile midfielder? Especially if his job is going to be just to sit in front of the defence? Hearts won the Championship at a canter with Andy Halliday and an aging Naisy in midfield - neither who list mobility as their main attribute.

Plus, I'm not sure Power's issue is mobility yet - its more his decision making that has dropped off a cliff.

Depends what system we are going to play. He isn't good enough to build a team around IMO. Power is under contract. If he wants to leave he leaves. If he wants to stay there may be a role for him there may not. It's his choice if he has a clause in his contract. All academic as we still don't seem to now if he's leaving. I'm not bothered either way. If he leaves we have an opportunity to replace him. If he leaves my preference would be a younger player with potential to improve and generate a transfer fee. 

Just now, MarkyMark said:

Depends what system we are going to play. He isn't good enough to build a team around IMO. Power is under contract. If he wants to leave he leaves. If he wants to stay there may be a role for him there may not. It's his choice if he has a clause in his contract. All academic as we still don't seem to now if he's leaving. I'm not bothered either way. If he leaves we have an opportunity to replace him. If he leaves my preference would be a younger player with potential to improve and generate a transfer fee. 

Of course, nothing you say there is controversial. I just disagreed about his mobility and felt that towards the end of the season he started to have more games where he was like the old Alan Power again. If he was happy to stick around and his wages weren't extravagant then having Power as the DM behind two attacking/creative midfielders in a 4-1-4-1 could do the business. 

On 5/31/2021 at 6:03 PM, skygod said:

You think that, in summer 2019, we should have moved on Power, Burke and Dicker, first, second and fourth in the POTY poll?

Even in summer 2020, they were first, third and fifth.

We would probably have been relegated last season if we’d moved them on in 2019.

Even in the season just finished, Power and Burke, with his nine goals, were stalwarts of the team.

Folks with short memories