17 minutes ago, MuirP said:

ALAN POWER is set to quit Kilmarnock for St Mirren. 

SunSport understands the 33-year-old will depart Rugby Park next week and head for the Paisley club.

The Irishman joined Killie from Lincoln in 2017 and played over 200 games for the Ayrshire club. 

But following their relegation through the play-offs, Power wants to stay in the top flight. 

Killie boss Tommy Wright has radically overhauled the squad this summer, clearing out the bulk of what he inherited from Alex Dyer.

He has already added ten new players for a crack at the Championship title so will let Power walk and free up space for further additions. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7281635/kilmarnock-alan-power-quit-st-mirren-premiership/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Sorry bit where the f**k are these f**kers gwtting their money from.

Would rather not give The S*n any web traffic. I assume we get a fee for him as he has a year run on his contract ? 

Not overly bothered to be honest. He’ll be a high earner and I think there have been signs in last 6 months that his legs are starting to go. He’s very much replaceable. 

Reading the article I'm taking it as we are letting him walk for nothing. If he has expressed he wants to be playing at a higher level we have to decide is it worth holding onto him. Paying a wage for someone who is possibly going to resent us for stopping him leaving and not giving his all when we want everyone in the squad giving their all for the push to promotion.

As many have stated it looked like his legs were starting to go and he will possibly be on a higher wage so freeing that up could go towards that quality striker or keeper we are needing. We've got plenty of midfield cover now between the youth players and experience we have brought in.

Might be best to just let him walk.

Edited by MuirP

You get the feeling TW has told the few players we had left under contract that we wouldn’t stand in their way if they found themselves a new club. Listening to him at the end of last season it was clear he had lost patience and had very little faith in the squad. 

Edited by Zorro

I’m not going to pretend that I wouldn’t be anything other than gutted if he leaves us and the same applies for Burke. St Mirren’s approach of signing four players from a club that finished 11th whilst paying excessive wages will inevitably come back to bite them. 

Thanks for the good times and good luck. Would have done well at Championship level. Not distraught that he’s leaving. Reinvest the wage with another that is no doubt already been targeted. Done as an influencer in the top flight. Bit surprised Saints feel this is a good investment.

3 minutes ago, Galdunc11 said:

Thanks for the good times and good luck. Would have done well at Championship level. Not distraught that he’s leaving. Reinvest the wage with another that is no doubt already been targeted. Done as an influencer in the top flight. Bit surprised Saints feel this is a good investment.

Brophy Power Burke next ?

Just now, piffer said:

Disappointed to see this.

Sadly it’s another not willing to take responsibility for the mess they got us into and jumping ship at the first chance. 

Spot on. Happy to see most of them away but I'd have expected more to have the guts to stay and try to repair the damage the caused.