Liked Power, part of the team that gave us all some great moments, all players come and all players go. He did well for us and we were good for him. Changed days need to move on, hopefully this season we have lots to cheer and last seasons players will quickly be forgotten.

31 minutes ago, Mogwai said:

Sorry to see him go (if true), but he goes with my thanks and leaves plenty of good memories.

Great player for us and a fans favourite. Always gave his all.

Getting on a bit now and don't begrudge him getting one more payday.

All the best, Alan!

Quick question - do we need to replace him? Is McGinn not a defensive midfielder?

Yip can play there, another getting on a bit who’s legs have apparently gone

My take, Power would like to move on but willing to honour his contract, TW then has a verbal agreement to accept based on recruitment, we recruit a number of players, TW decides there's sufficient cover and agrees to let him go should he find a new club

2 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

There's a lot of people on this forum who appear to have seen a lot of Raith Rovers, I never knew they were so popular.

Lol not seen a lot of them, but highly thought of in many forums, Aberdeen bound I last heard, but one we should at least be looking at. 

2 minutes ago, theauldyin said:

Lol not seen a lot of them, but highly thought of in many forums, Aberdeen bound I last heard, but one we should at least be looking at. 

I never really bothered with the BBC live championship matches, quite looking forward to them this season now though obviously. 

It's a shame Odoffin signed a new deal at Accies otherwise I'd liked us to have tried to bring him in, mind you I'd suspect 2 or 3 Premiership clubs wouldn't mind him either.

2 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

I never really bothered with the BBC live championship matches, quite looking forward to them this season now though obviously. 

It's a shame Odoffin signed a new deal at Accies otherwise I'd liked us to have tried to bring him in, mind you I'd suspect 2 or 3 Premiership clubs wouldn't mind him either.

Yip another that for me, caught me eye last season

It's because it's St Mirren. 

It's a wake up call that we got relegated and they are still in the Premier League. That's the tough part to take, St Mirren taking our better players for next to nothing. 

I would love for us to get them in the cup. 

As for Power, he was decent for us and on a hiding to nothing last season. 

However, he didn't shoot and didn't score goals, he was just too defensive. Harsh perhaps, but just another rat deserting the ship. 

Onwards and upwards for us, we move on. 

One of my all time favourite Kilmarnock players. It would be fair to say last season he wasn't the same player. Pretty sure McGinn will step into the role, Lyons also sounds like an energetic midfielder too. Not nice to see him leave, sure he would have done very well this season, not irreplaceable at this stage in his career though.

Powers shooting was dreadful. Guy was an overweight non league player when he got the gig with us.

I was up for the Dundee game when Gorgeous Gordon fell over the ball and gave a goal away in two minutes.

Power was an unused sub and I commented that he'd lost weight and maybe deserved another chance?

Some wit on here asked if he'd been standing next to Boyd? He was actually! Both came back from the dead under SSC!

My point is that Power should be given every credit for what he achieved. He was one of the pivotal players under Clarke albeit limited when it came to creativity and shooting.

Yes he had a thankless task partnering Dicker in more recent times but he is slowing down, hence the many bookings, his limitations were also exposed more and more.

If we get promotion I couldn't see Power making much of a contribution at premier level in the season after next. It may well be time for a parting of the ways.

It's been suggested on here that maybe Power was part of the clique that caused trouble. He always struck me as hard working and no nonsense so is there any evidence for that proposition?

So, if he goes, I wish him all the best but won't be losing sleep about it!

6 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

We certainly won't miss Powers bookings and inevitable suspensions.....

10 yellows in season 18/19

11 yellows & 1 red in season 19/20 

16 yellows in season 20/21

37 yellow & 1 red in total is a horrendous record tbh.

Not sure how it's only 1 red card lol

Edited by Ngonge88

2 hours ago, BigYin said:

St Mirren have Alan Power transfer bid accepted as Kilmarnock stalwart set for exit door

The 33-year-old could be set for an immediate return to the Premiership following Killie's relegation.

By Scott Burns

St Mirren have agreed a nominal fee for Kilmarnock ’s Alan Power.

Buddies boss Jim Goodwin has been given permission to speak to the Irishman and is now looking to seal a deal for the experienced midfielder.

The Paisley outfit are set to offer Power a one-year deal to return to the Premiership.

Killie boss Tommy Wright has accepted a small fee and will be able to reduce his wage bill with their sale after their dismal relegation collapse.

Power, 33, has been one of Killie’s top players since he arrived from Lincoln City in 2017.

Goodwin believes Power will give his squad experience and balance.

The Paisley side have already signed his former Kilmarnock team mate Greg Kiltie on a free transfer.

Goodwin has also landed Charles Dunne, Curtis Main and Scott Tanser on freedom of contract this summer.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-mirren-alan-power-bid-24356539

If Scott Burns is now reporting it must be true, he’s generally on the money all things Killie. Nominal fee involved and offering him a 1 year deal.  It does feel like we were quite top heavy on CMs so maybe it’s been on the cards for a while hence our signings.

I’d imagine he’ll be a top earner as he got a new contract and no doubt a decent rise during Clarke’s reign so will hopefully free up money for other areas on the pitch  

I agree with your comments, i imagine Al P would be up there and if we could reinvest the money to get a 20+ goal scorer a season like i still feel the squad is missing would be great!

as theres no doubt Power would be instrumental for us making the quickest possible comeback to premiership… feel TW can get closer to the heights what SC got out of him full pre season

Also worth to mention im sure Scott Burns was the one who reported McGowan spat his dummy out asking to leave when in reality the lad had to come out in an interview saying his Fathers been really ill for a while and things looked bad, on that basis theres still hope for me that this storys not true