Season ticket deal (Split from Season Tickets))

Bellman2010

26 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

You don't have to buy it now. Season doesn't start until August when it should be clearer how many fans will be allowed to attend. 

That's not the deciding factor tbh, 400 quid for me and a 6 year old is too much. The possible option of not getting to games confirms it 

58 minutes ago, gjkillie007 said:

No incentive for new purchases to buy early is odd. Might as well wait until August and see what the restrictions are at that point. You'd think the club would want to maximise the income early in the summer by offering an incentive for new purchases to commit by end June. Very strange to be honest.

Maybe the focus group were trying to get best deal possible for existing ST holders to try and retain them. It’s not illogical to take the view that if people haven’t bought ST in the good seasons they are unlikely to do so when the club have been relegated and there still uncertainty about whether they will even be able to attend games.
They could also have been trying to compensate them as much as possible for having last seasons promise taken away from them.  

Edited by historyman

3 minutes ago, historyman said:

Maybe the focus group were trying to get best deal possible for existing ST holders to try and retain. It’s no illogical to take the view that if people haven’t bought ST in the good seasons they are unlikely to do so when the club have been relegated and there still uncertainty about whether they will even be able to attend games 

You may be right. The problem is they have given "fence sitters" reasons NOT to buy a season ticket (e.g. less chance in any ballot, no early bird discount) rather than reasons TO buy.

Have to praise the club especially, Katrina Watson. Had a issue with my renewal due to my category of ticket needing to be changed and she managed to get it sorted within two hours of first contact which considering it's the first day is pretty good.

Hopefully a bit more to shout about next season and actually back to attending games.     

Is there a time limit for those seeking refunds? …..no harm to those who in own circumstances feel the need to take the club up on it, but just wondering the actual impact if not negated by that many new ST getting bought.

The Board were very quick within hours of relegation to publicly confirm player budget would not change even with relegation…no matter what …..

perhaps as a way of trying to give a morale boost to supporters etc in the immediate aftermath of that night 

The phrase in the ST release again states the consequences if too many take up the refund option but does cast doubt on those player  budget guarantees…

“To be completely open, offering a full refund to all supporters would cost the club over £700,000 which would immediately halt our ambitions of returning to the Premiership.” 

3 hours ago, aldo71 said:

Deflated tbh.

Looking to get first season ticket in years. One for me and son, but at pretty much 400 quid and possibly not getting in to some games because of ongoing restrictions I'm going to have to give it a miss.  

Disappointed to say the least 

I think you’ll be fine for home games. Next season the chat is that grounds will operate at 25% capacity which is more than enough to cover our likely season ticket sales. Once you’ve vaccinated the entire population, it’s pretty hard to keep restrictions in place. My concern is purely allocations for away matches. 

Get the ticket mate. We need the support more than ever from you and your boy. 

Going for one as soon as possible. If you can afford to do it then it would be good to. Blind faith or whatever you want to call it. As much as this season may offer a few new stadiums and teams I don’t want us in here too long.

Cash is king unfortunately and with potentially only a couple of players in house it’s time for supporters to stand up and be counted unlike last seasons players. We will be here forever they are no longer.  

I’m looking forward to getting back to the football and potentially away games in the next year.

Hopefully watching us pick up the title on the way. 

5 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I think you’ll be fine for home games. Next season the chat is that grounds will operate at 25% capacity which is more than enough to cover our likely season ticket sales. Once you’ve vaccinated the entire population, it’s pretty hard to keep restrictions in place. My concern is purely allocations for away matches. 

Get the ticket mate. We need the support more than ever from you and your boy. 

It's a serious outlay,  did hope it would be less and more affordable.  May look at alternative options

4 minutes ago, aldo71 said:

It's a serious outlay,  did hope it would be less and more affordable.  May look at alternative options

Everyone’s circumstances are different for sure and no one should berate someone if they can’t afford or justify the outlay. However twenty quid a game for you and your lad is pretty reasonable compared to other clubs in both the Premiership and Championship. I don’t think the club can realistically go much lower whilst trying to assemble a team and bounce straight back up to be honest. 

22 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Everyone’s circumstances are different for sure and no one should berate someone if they can’t afford or justify the outlay. However twenty quid a game for you and your lad is pretty reasonable compared to other clubs in both the Premiership and Championship. I don’t think the club can realistically go much lower whilst trying to assemble a team and bounce straight back up to be honest. 

You are probably right and if the boss gives the go ahead then I'll likely get a season ticket for my son and myself. But I'll probably save up over the next couple of pays, which doesn't help the club get cash in now.

Just now, gjkillie007 said:

You are probably right and if the boss gives the go ahead then I'll likely get a season ticket for my son and myself. But I'll probably save up over the next couple of pays, which doesn't help the club get cash in now.

Well there is the finance option mate. I took advantage of that a few times when my finances were a little low and it was barely noticeable coming out my account. Way I seen it is I pay more for a Chinese and a few cans at the weekend than I do for the football and it’s some quality time with my dad and son. Really have struggled without it for so long, amazing how empty the weekends can feel. 

44 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Well there is the finance option mate. I took advantage of that a few times when my finances were a little low and it was barely noticeable coming out my account. Way I seen it is I pay more for a Chinese and a few cans at the weekend than I do for the football and it’s some quality time with my dad and son. Really have struggled without it for so long, amazing how empty the weekends can feel. 

Very true mate i did finance option this season  and will do it again this year contacted club today and they said finance option goes live on june 2nd 

10 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

I've got to agree with that, creating an us and them situation. The number we sold, 2,700, isn’t going to finance a team to take us back up so why can't the supporter forking out £350 not be in the ballot for away tickets ? 

Are the club trying to create a proper system that rewards fans in some way for attending games?Many clubs operate a points system which may be a way forward and surely ticketco could organise this on clubs behalf?