Mulumbo hits back at TW

Agree with other posters. I can't be bothered with the 'inquest' and who is telling the truth and who isn't. Complete rebuild required. Let TW and JF build a squad of players capable of getting us out the Championship at the first time of asking, and back them to the hilt.

Mulumbu was a great player for us once. So was Gary Dicker. Neither were much good last season. They've both left. Nothing else is important imo.

For someone who loved the club as much as he said you would have thought he would have been playing back playing with us rather than being out of the game for so long. 
When he did eventually come back he was a big disappointment, neither Dyer or TW could get much out of him. That suggests Mulumbu was the problem and to piss off before the playoff was totally unprofessional 

Mulumbu was the convenient figure to throw under the bus for having left because his mother was unwell.

I think he has every right to come out and defend himself, the stuff TW said about him was never going to be ignored. He was dropped, many believe, due to a poor attitude in training. When he played, the team went up a gear. Always found it strange that he was just out in the cold despite how bad the folk playing were. Same with Tshibola. He dropped Medley fast enough too

1 minute ago, bute-killiefan said:

Mulumbu was the convenient figure to throw under the bus for having left because his mother was unwell.

I think he has every right to come out and defend himself, the stuff TW said about him was never going to be ignored. He was dropped, many believe, due to a poor attitude in training. When he played, the team went up a gear. Always found it strange that he was just out in the cold despite how bad the folk playing were. Same with Tshibola. He dropped Medley fast enough too

The fact his mother was unwell is a red herring. Obviously I hope she's okay, but illness among family or not - you don't just vanish a week before the club's most important games in decades without telling the manager and expect him not to be pissed off. If you have the time to tell some folk at the club you have time to tell your gaffer.

I can't say that I saw the team go "up a gear" either. Certainly not to the level where he would be a nailed on starter. Tish on the other hand has been just as poorly treated IMO, I'd have had him in the team ahead of Dicker months ago - but he left, thanked everyone and kept his mouth shut about other issues. Youssouf could learn a thing or two from him.

5 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

The fact his mother was unwell is a red herring. Obviously I hope she's okay, but illness among family or not - you don't just vanish a week before the club's most important games in decades without telling the manager and expect him not to be pissed off. If you have the time to tell some folk at the club you have time to tell your gaffer.

I can't say that I saw the team go "up a gear" either. Certainly not to the level where he would be a nailed on starter. Tish on the other hand has been just as poorly treated IMO, I'd have had him in the team ahead of Dicker months ago - but he left, thanked everyone and kept his mouth shut about other issues. Youssouf could learn a thing or two from him.

He feels he notified who he needed to, and that the club were aware beforehand. It will be a case of he said, she said. I don't like how he left, but for him to be the only one publicly slated is a bit rich.

I would never expect someone to leave and keep their mouth shut if their manager had come out and, as far as they are concerned, told half truths about what happened.

1 minute ago, bute-killiefan said:

He feels he notified who he needed to, and that the club were aware beforehand. It will be a case of he said, she said. I don't like how he left, but for him to be the only one publicly slated is a bit rich.

I would never expect someone to leave and keep their mouth shut if their manager had come out and, as far as they are concerned, told half truths about what happened.

The line from the club was that he was asked to speak to the manager personally before travelling which he didn't do. I'm absolutely positive that had he came in or even called TW that we'd have allowed him to go to make sure she was okay and looked after before returning in time for at least the second leg.

2 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

Interesting that everyone sides with TW over Mulumbu.

Ultimately it was TW who picked the team for 4 months, and during that time, consistently chose players who were underperforming. It didnt matter what Doyle, Millen, Broadfoot, Dicker etc did or didnt do, they were simply stick ons to start every game.

Whether Mulumbu suddenly became a 'poor trainer' in the last 4 or 5 months (if true), seems unlikely. Was he a 'good trainer' under SC, but suddenly not TW. Would doubt it. Think rather that SC, as a manager, was able to get the best out of him, and TW couldn't, but chose instead to stick to his 'experienced' core, come.what may.

SC was quoted saying YM was not good in training on more than one occasion.

21 minutes ago, Garvis said:

And your point is. 

I answered the guy about YM but Dicker was s**te is what you come up with hahaha 

Point is you’re saying TW says Mulumbu is a bad trainer as some sort of justification for not playing him. 

Yet Gary Dicker (who plays the same position) performed poorly on a weekly basis. 

What use would it be comparing YM to someone of a different position? Think about it before trying to be a smart arse.

4 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Point is you’re saying TW says Mulumbu is a bad trainer as some sort of justification for not playing him. 

Yet Gary Dicker (who plays the same position) performed poorly on a weekly basis. 

What use would it be comparing YM to someone of a different position? Think about it before trying to be a smart arse.

The guy asked about YM. 

Everyone on here knows how you feel about Dicker because you never stop posting about him. 

Smart arse hahaha go and post about Dicker on the Dicker thread not the YM thread or is that me being a smart arse again. Have a day off ffs. 

1 hour ago, Jedi2 said:

Interesting that everyone sides with TW over Mulumbu.

The past is the past and we are trying to move forward as a club under Wright but, the way some people are trying to undermine him, you wonder how long he will be around.

Mulumbu is gone and won’t be back whatever the rights and wrongs of the story.

Good luck to him in the future. 

17 minutes ago, Garvis said:

The guy asked about YM. 

Everyone on here knows how you feel about Dicker because you never stop posting about him. 

Smart arse hahaha go and post about Dicker on the Dicker thread not the YM thread or is that me being a smart arse again. Have a day off ffs. 

You seem angry. 

Don't doubt that Mulumbu was a 'poor trainer' under SC as well.Point still stands that one.manager got the very best out of him despite that, and the other didn't.

Don't think it's a case of 'underminnng' TW...opinion is to some extent divided.. some people think he is wonderful, due to his record at St.Johnstone and the fact that he had a 'poor' squad to work with here, and is therefore blameless for our position.

For others, the jury is very.much still out..4 months, ended up 11th, and then turned in 2 shambolic play-off matches. It's not 'undermining' him to point up the latter, it's a case of saying.. 'okay, once he has his own squad in place, let's see what he does'.Results on the pitch from day one of the season will be down to TW, not Alex Dyer, James Fowlet, Billy Bowie, Cathy Jamieson, Gary Dicker etc.

He might succeed (really hope he does), he might not..time will tell.Poor start/must do better..over to him now.

Edited by Jedi2

1 hour ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Waste of space..and finally he getting called out. Shocking decision to get him back on a fixed weekly wage.

Exactly. The penny has finally dropped with you. We should just have left him where he was, when he pissed off to St Mirren. 

Wait, you are talking about your beloved Kirk, aren’t you??

18 hours ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

That's an assumption his Ma was a red herring with respect. 

I left my job nearly two years ago. I didnt tell my boss. I told my CEO. My boss was pissed off. I didnt give a ahit coz my boss was a tosser. My point being,  too many assumptions made on what went on.

Whatever did go on, I wish Youssouf well.

On 6/1/2021 at 8:32 AM, CB said:

Trying to save his rep, for when he joins his next team (having first missed pre season training of course) 

You were going to quit, eh? What were you doing when we came looking in January 2020? Disappeared off the face of the earth. Away and pedal your 'poor me' nonsense elsewhere.

We've all been worried about very close relatives we couldn't see. Suck it up, buttercup.

I also heard he disappeared in January this year around his birthday to go to London for a birthday party with his family and contracted covid and gave it to Greg kiltie.. 

6 minutes ago, taylor.howie93 said:

I also heard he disappeared in January this year around his birthday to go to London for a birthday party with his family and contracted covid and gave it to Greg kiltie.. 

That would explain the second isolation YM had to do, and why some might be glad to see the back of him.