Ross Millen

1 minute ago, Ngonge88 said:

Got a similar message. The way he worded it seems like its a new contract. 

I wonder if Power/Haunstrup/McKenzie and McGowans contracts were basically void due to relegation but club had a duty to offer reduced terms

If that’s the case I hope we offered Haunstrup 50p and a packet of crisps

11 hours ago, Dave1981 said:

I would've said Haunstrup was more to blame for bottling the header after the big lump up the park.  

Like most of our goals last season there wasn’t just one error but a combination of errors by different players. Why Millen  threw the ball to Adam I will never know as there wasn’t a Killie player anywhere near him or even moving towards him. 

Edited by MarkyMark

Just now, MarkyMark said:

Like most of our goals last season there wasn’t just one error but a combination of errors by different players. Why Mullen threw the ball to Adam I will never know as there wasn’t a Killie player anywhere near him or even moving towards him. 

Pretty sure Burke made a fake run (in the general area) then ultimately stood still to make space for himself.  How Millen didn't see that I don't know.  Was a good volley up the park though ?.  

10 minutes ago, the big ring said:

the clue is in the description wingBACK. start at the back for a reason. Defend and then get forward when the situation allows. A wing back that cant defend is a huge liability. 

My point was tongue in cheek that, in a WB, being able to attack is more than just a bonus, it’s a necessity.

If anything, being able to defend well is a bonus.

It would be interesting to compare how many top class WBs started as wingers and how many as full backs. 

Edited by skygod

46 minutes ago, the big ring said:

the clue is in the description wingBACK. start at the back for a reason. Defend and then get forward when the situation allows. A wing back that cant defend is a huge liability. 

In Haunstrup we have a wing back whose only attribute is the athelticism. Cant defend or attack with any competence but can run up and down the line vigorously for 90 mins.

9 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

In Haunstrup we have a wing back whose only attribute is the athelticism. Cant defend or attack with any competence but can run up and down the line vigorously for 90 mins.

You're right he can't defend well but on attacking side to be fair to haunstrup, most of his games under dyer he basically stopped at half way line which will have been an instruction, in the few times he actually got to the byline this season he put a few decent balls in, won us a penalty and scored in playoff. 

I felt we needed him to be our outball to get up the pitch similar to how we used jones and millar as he was only guy in the team with decent pace.

4 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

I’m not so sure. Haundstrup is an easy target, but IMO he was left more space to defend than a normal left back would be. Some of the reasons for that start on the right hand side of the pitch. Some of it comes from the defensive failings of Pinnock. Some of it comes from our departed captains lack of mobility. It’s still a hell of a lot of ground to protect. 

Going forward our lack of movement is well documented and nobody gambles on getting on the end of a cross. He could throw in balls all day and nobody would have got near them. It’s all moot anyway if he’s leaving too. 

He wasn't a particularly good footballer but the one thing you heard about Millen was his attitude and professionalism. Did Clarke not say as much which is why he was happy to keep him around as backup?

If his name was Ross Clarke he'd get much more leeway than he does. Not good enough to be first choice at Kilmarnock but absolutely fine as a backup.

48 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

What a lot of s**te. He wasn’t very good as a player, but Jesus Christ folk on here don’t half make up some amount of nonsense to suit their own narrative. 

There were at least of couple of incidents last season to support my point of view. It's funny that any Killie fan is prepared to post in support of such a poor player who should never have been at the club in the first place. 

2 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

There were at least of couple of incidents last season to support my point of view. It's funny that any Killie fan is prepared to post in support of such a poor player who should never have been at the club in the first place. 

Go on then, name these incidents. 

27 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

He wasn't a particularly good footballer but the one thing you heard about Millen was his attitude and professionalism. Did Clarke not say as much which is why he was happy to keep him around as backup?

If his name was Ross Clarke he'd get much more leeway than he does. Not good enough to be first choice at Kilmarnock but absolutely fine as a backup.

Exactly. I absolutely hate this current trend on here of absolutely tearing into folks character all because they are rubbish at football. Seems to be happening more and more where people are claiming that players are lazy, s**te professionals, toxic etc despite knowing absolutely f**k all about the person they are slating, outwith the 90 minutes they see them on the pitch. 

Edited by Killieboykfc

23 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Go on then, name these incidents. 

Sorry, they were quite public incidents, one involving his father too. You'll find them if you look for them, although I respectfully suggest that you don't bother as it isn't worth the effort. Let's just be thankful that he is gone and we move on.