Crowds

Neon30

15 hours ago, MuirP said:

I've chosen to be vaccinated because I have asthma but I'm under no illusions. The vaccination should reduce the chance of me requiring to be admitted to hospital if I was to catch Covid. It doesn't stop me catching it or spreading it. So based on that what is the difference if someone is vaccinated or not?

We will all catch it and spread it at the same rate if we don't follow the restrictions. It's just what happens to us when we catch it that the vaccination makes a possible difference. That is then down to the personal opinion of the individual what they want to do.

Vaccines almost certainly have an impact on spread. 

3 hours ago, Big sexy said:

More chance of that happening at a supermarket than at the football.

You're not standing next to the person in the supermarket for upto 15mins which is the length of time the scientists say it takes for sufficeint amounts of the virus to be spread whereas at football you are there for possibly upto 2hrs with people shouting, yes it's in the open but still in sheltered place, ie wind is not unhindered in it's natural pathway. In saying all that I still think we should at least be able to accommodate all ST holders socially distanced in the 3 stands available.

28 minutes ago, historyman said:

Of course. But if you don’t take a vaccine then you don’t get into the match if those are the rules so accept and stop moaning about it. You have a choice. 

Not sure that segregating society is the right answer. I think we need to learn to get along and stick together in such divisive times. We should all learn from times gone past in terms of segregation.

6 minutes ago, Hunter said:

Not sure that segregating society is the right answer. I think we need to learn to get along and stick together in such divisive times. We should all learn from times gone past in terms of segregation.

We have been segregating Society since this thing started, shielded, elderly etc. Why the difference now. Are we now saying that our behaviour is to be determined by the weakest link in the chain ie those who CHOOSE not to be vaccinated.

11 minutes ago, killiefife said:

We have been segregating Society since this thing started, shielded, elderly etc. Why the difference now. Are we now saying that our behaviour is to be determined by the weakest link in the chain ie those who CHOOSE not to be vaccinated.

I think we are going off topic now and I'll admit, I haven't helped but I'll answer your point and leave it at that. When you say, "We have been segregating Society since this thing started"... what do you mean by, "We"? The British Government? The Scottish Government? I certainly haven't segregated anyone, I would never dare to. We need to stick together. And I agree, I do not believe our "behaviour" should be determined by anyone, I also do not think our choices should be determined by anyone also. As for crowds, we were told by governments that vaccines were our way back to normality, get everyone back, no excuses.

People are forgetting it’s social distancing that’s driven down infection rates, not vaccines. 

Vaccines will help reduce serious illness but they alone are not the answer to throwing society open again so soon. Worth noting the disparity too. Two doses of Pfizer gives 88% efficacy against the Delta (Indian) variant and 93% against the Alpha (Kent) variant. Astrazenica is 60% and 66% respectively, a significant differential. 

I’m all for a return football stadiums but for now it has to be done with a degree of caution that minimises risk, and that to me means in limited numbers, with proper social distancing and responsible behaviour. Some of the matches shown recently show too many fans too close together and with masks around their chins. There’s still a long way to go and hope as many of us get into RP as soon as possible but I worry folk in general think being vaccinated absolves them of responsibility. 

Finally, I wish authorities in general would stop using the phrase ‘Covid secure’ to describe places or events. Unfortunately there’s no such thing. Yet. 

3 minutes ago, Stefanus said:

People are forgetting it’s social distancing that’s driven down infection rates, not vaccines. 

Social distancing isnt being practiced on mass and hasnt for a good while now. 

Check infection rates statistics and its almost all in the un/not fully vacinated age groups. People are mixing as normal outside of controlled settings. 

Personally, I would expect us to be able to have at least 2k in by the time the season rolls around which should cover the bulk of our season ticket base.

We need to be careful and I will leave it to the local health experts to decide what exactly that means but we need to start seeing some normality return. 

13 minutes ago, Mogwai said:

It's natural to have concerns about things like this. However, you being unsure about something isn't an excuse to not help yourself and the rest of society.

Before getting on a plane, can you explain the physics of flight, or know precisely how the different on-board systems work to keep you safe during take-off, flight and landing? 

I don't know either, and there is so much information in the world that no one person is able to know every single detail about the whole thing.

So I put my trust in others to know what they're doing. 

My neighbour is a biochemist working on the AZ vaccine. He focuses on one particular component of that vaccine, which does one particular job, as that's his area of expertise. He doesn't have the expertise to work on the other parts, there are other experts for that. And so these experts who have researched these tiny, narrow fields for years work together, each trusting in the work of others. 

As for your last point, the more unvaccinated people there are means more chance of mutations creating more aggressive variants which we don't have an effective vaccine for.  So your choice could potentially ruin everything for everyone. 

In a country where vaccines are easily available, choosing not to is the height of selfishness.

Excellent points raised i shall take this on board and  reconsider my position on this .

12 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

How come Scotland fans are in the ground in Luxembourg? 

Public spaces and services

Face coverings must be worn in shops, supermarkets, exhibitions, and other places that are open to the public.

The Luxembourg government has shortened the curfew, and people are now required to remain at home from midnight to 6am. Outings during these hours are only permitted in certain specified circumstances; these can be accessed with further details on the Luxembourg government website.

Restaurants and bars are open for service both indoors and outdoors between 6am-10pm under strict measures. Only four people will be permitted to sit at each table, unless they are from the same household, and tables will need to be 1.5 metres apart, or separated by a barrier. All customers seated indoors and over the age of six years must:

present a negative PCR test carried out less than 72 hours before access; or

present a negative rapid antigen test carried out less than 24 hours and certified by a health professional, civil servant or public employee designated for this purpose by the Director of Health; or

present a negative antigen self-test performed on site.

Anyone refusing to present a negative test result or take a test will be unable to be seated indoors.

Outdoor spaces and terraces must be open on three sides. Take-away, drive-through and home delivery services remain available. Other restrictions include limiting the additional number of people allowed at gatherings at home or private events to a maximum of two visitors, who must be from the same household. Gatherings of 4 to 10 people in a public space are allowed, subject to the wearing of a mask. With some exceptions, gatherings of between 11 - 150 people are allowed on condition that people are assigned seating, observe 2 metres social distancing and wear a mask. Events of more than 150 people and up to a maximum of 1000 are subject to agreement in advance by the Health Directorate.

The consumption of alcohol outdoors is prohibited.

Cinemas, theatres and cultural events are open.

Shops, hairdressers and beauticians are open. Indoor sports facilities, gyms, swimming pools and aquatic centres are open with strict hygiene restrictions in place.

To find out more about local restrictions, please refer to the Luxembourg government website.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/luxembourg/coronavirus 

My last on this subject honestly as I think countries are making it up as they go along. Germany v Portugal U21 Final in Hungary.

Loads of Germans in crowd, but now s group of Portuguese, possibly couple of hundred all gathered together at from of stand, this is a country that is considered unsafe for us to travel into????

I cannot help but think the whole U.K. is being used as a tester for Nanny State of the World 2021. 

16 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

My last on this subject honestly as I think countries are making it up as they go along. Germany v Portugal U21 Final in Hungary.

Loads of Germans in crowd, but now s group of Portuguese, possibly couple of hundred all gathered together at from of stand, this is a country that is considered unsafe for us to travel into????

I cannot help but think the whole U.K. is being used as a tester for Nanny State of the World 2021. 

I didn't know it was illegal for Portuguese citizens to live and work in Germany...

1 hour ago, chubbs said:

I didn't know it was illegal for Portuguese citizens to live and work in Germany...

If one is going to try and be smart at least read the post and see that the game is not in Germany.

Not that it’s relative to what I said anyway, the fact that they had left their seating and were crammed in the early rows makes for a totally different style of Covid management than we have here. Why is that? Do you know?