Burke

kfc_superteam

This is the best news so far and he has proved how much of a class act he is both as a player and a man he always said he wanted to finish his playing days with us in front of all the kiliie fans and he has kept his promise and as has been said before is probably destined to become our manager some day well done to all concerned for making this happen. 

Glad we got this one over the line. Wasnt to keen on how it dragged on this long but it’s done now and I’m sure he’ll have a key role in the season ahead.

The club have been very quick to get social media stuff out about it which is great but why aren’t others getting the same coverage. We’ve not even had a scarf above the head pic for some of the new lads. 

5 hours ago, SlimStripey said:

The man conducts himself with a level of class rarely seen not just in the world of football but in life in general. You couldn’t find a better role model.

Despite some objections on this forum he has the air of someone who should coach at the end of his career. Terrific footballer, great communicator, leader by example and the best role model We have had at RP in a generation.

On 6/6/2021 at 7:08 PM, Mclean07 said:

Always quite amusing when, with no evidence, something be comes an accepted truth. This one is that “Chris Burke would make a great coach.” We don’t have a clue whether he would or he wouldn’t. He’s said he’d like to do it and he talks well, but that’s it. None of us know. Anyway, I like the guy, but let’s not think he’s a shoe in as a coach. 

"shoe in as a coach. "     You know how to put the boot in. Is this an auto-correct issue ? Everyone seems to do it.

TW comments just reinforces what some of us were saying during those weeks when waiting for the confirmation of Burke staying 

Everything he has done since arriving at RP has been first class and appreciative of our club , whilst he feels his fitness levels can cope he will want to fully concentrate  on the playing side but hopefully in the future he can join the coaching team 

Superb from both Wright and Burke.

As I have said elsewhere, I am really hopeful for this season.

Tommy Wright is making all the right noises and at the right time.

Delighted Burke is staying in a playing role, hopefully a good pre season and he'll be a level above this league

Said before and I will say again.  The recruitment from TW is absolutely typicsl of him.  Round pegs in round holes, all designed ti comoliment each other.

But its important that the board and fans do not panic if we dont get hit thw ground running.  This is an entirely new squad in a new league, itll take a little time to come together and we will be playing every gane with a target on our backs.  Teams will taise their game against usx and its lokely our competitors at the top will benefit from this.  So we have to have faith and the team just concentrates on its own task.