Burke

kfc_superteam

29 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Wonder why Burke is getting so much time compared to the others? 

I don't think he has.

The difference being he has opened dialogue with the cub and that remains ongoing where others have ended dialogue with the club and have chosen to pursue other opportunities.

39 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

We can't give him forever! We may need his wage. If he doesn't want to stay, which it sounds like he really doesn't then its best if he moves on. 

I imagine his limit will be pre season training. If he hasn't decided by the start of pre season I assume it will be withdrawn 

I’m probably wrong but I get the impression Burke is still feeling the physical and possibly the mental effects of last season. Possibly taking a bit longer to recover than he ever has before. I thought his legs went in the bottom six fixtures. Understandable for a guy that age carrying a team for the best part of two seasons. Another pre season and a gruelling campaign could seem a daunting task at the moment. 

1 hour ago, piffer said:

I’m probably wrong but I get the impression Burke is still feeling the physical and possibly the mental effects of last season. Possibly taking a bit longer to recover than he ever has before. I thought his legs went in the bottom six fixtures. Understandable for a guy that age carrying a team for the best part of two seasons. Another pre season and a gruelling campaign could seem a daunting task at the moment. 

Yes. The amount of effort he put in in the cup game against St.Mirren was incredible. Efforts such as these must have taken their toll. 

3 hours ago, piffer said:

I think you're spot on.  A 37 year old carried a premier team all season long.  Lafferty got the headlines late on yes, but Burke was far too often relied on until then, and even he spoke to the numbers he produced last season on the radio as justification for having another pop at the premier.

He needs the games to maintain his match sharpness - but not 90 mins in every game as our only reliable outlet.

I'd hope to be playing him next season and getting all the positive stuff he can bring from giving him say 30 minutes in most games, but starting in those where he can be most effective. 

I like Chris and thank him for his efforts last season as a 37 year old he carried us till Lafferty arrived.

Whether he would have enough to continue at Premier league level I dunno. Also leaving to do a switch to livi or whatever would only be appealing surely  if he’s gonna get an immediate coaching opportunity.

He has history here and could end his career going for a title and reinstating us back in Premier league. 

Seems to be taking very long to sort this out. Broadfoot was contemplating his future until the club whipped the offer out from underneath him. How long will we give Burke?

Id like him to stay but I don’t think we should be going overboard to keep him especially at his advanced age. 

1 minute ago, Souleycouley93 said:

I like Chris and thank him for his efforts last season as a 37 year old he carried us till Lafferty arrived.

Whether he would have enough to continue at Premier league level I dunno. Also leaving to do a switch to livi or whatever would only be appealing surely  if he’s gonna get an immediate coaching opportunity.

He has history here and could end his career going for a title and reinstating us back in Premier league. 

Seems to be taking very long to sort this out. Broadfoot was contemplating his future until the club whipped the offer out from underneath him. How long will we give Burke?

Id like him to stay but I don’t think we should be going overboard to keep him especially at his advanced age. 

There is a different between Broadfoot and Burke. Broadfoot is finished and no use to us whereas Burke could still contribute. 

The question is that it is holding up our other signings potentially. I actually feel Burke is taking the piss here. That'll be almost 2 weeks he'll be thinking about this. If he's keeping us hanging on whilst trying to negotiate with another team that is poor. 

Edited by kfc_superteam

8 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

The question is that it us holding up our other signings potentially. I actually feel Burke is taking the piss here. That'll be almost 2 weeks he'll be thinking about this. If he's keeping us hanging on whilst trying to negotiate with another team that is poor. 

Seemed to be deadlines on Millen,Pinnock,Lafferty,Kiltie,Broadfoot etc.....surely Connell,Brindley and Burke need to be told 'sign or leave' asap (would like to see them re-sign but club need to look at the bigger picture,as you say, could be stopping moves for potential targets). 

37 minutes ago, piffer said:

Didn’t Wright say the players were back in at the end of this week for the start of pre season. If that’s the case I’d presume any offers still being considered will be off the table by Wednesday or Thursday

Think he said players would be back on the 18th of June so, ideally, offers should be accepted/removed no later than Thursday.

33 minutes ago, cdj said:

Seemed to be deadlines on Millen,Pinnock,Lafferty,Kiltie,Broadfoot etc.....surely Connell,Brindley and Burke need to be told 'sign or leave' asap (would like to see them re-sign but club need to look at the bigger picture,as you say, could be stopping moves for potential targets). 

Connell has re-signed, but I agree with the rest of what you say. 

I like Burke but he did fade (badly) last season and while I think he could play a part, I wouldn't be giving him special treatment to re-sign. Contracts were whipped from others for not reply on time or not seeming like they were too bothered. If Burke is in that boat, let him leave. 

We've set our stall out recently that TW is in charge, not the players. And it sounds like that's something we've been missing - let's keep it up. 

Edit: apologies, Connell hasn't re-signed, it was Waters. 

Edited by jesper

18 minutes ago, jesper said:

Connell has re-signed, but I agree with the rest of what you say. 

I like Burke but he did fade (badly) last season and while I think he could play a part, I wouldn't be giving him special treatment to re-sign. Contracts were whipped from others for not reply on time or not seeming like they were too bothered. If Burke is in that boat, let him leave. 

We've set our stall out recently that TW is in charge, not the players. And it sounds like that's something we've been missing - let's keep it up. 

Edit: apologies, Connell hasn't re-signed, it was Waters. 

Made my day there..... till I got to the last sentence!!!..... would love to see Connell and Brindley re-signing (more so than Burke tbh) as they are at the 'right' end of their careers. Having said that, the younger players could do worse than try to emulate his dedication and professionalism.  

As long as he’s in dialogue with the club I don’t think there should be a set deadline. Either Burke decides Killie is a no-go or Tommy decides he can’t wait any longer. Setting a date for that seems more like following a procedure than making the best decision with what we know at the time. 

10 minutes ago, Jamsie said:

As long as he’s in dialogue with the club I don’t think there should be a set deadline. Either Burke decides Killie is a no-go or Tommy decides he can’t wait any longer. Setting a date for that seems more like following a procedure than making the best decision with what we know at the time. 

The club have to look after their best interests. If Burke hasn’t signed up before the start of pre season then IMO the offer needs to be off the table. We’ve too often gone into seasons unprepared. Waiting on an ageing player who probably commands a decent wage and whose legs may actually have gone at the end of last season doesn’t seem the most advisable decision. 

Edited by piffer