Burke

kfc_superteam

I don’t see why people are so keen to close the door to Burke.

It’s the manager’s job to recruit his squad and spend his budget which, based on the signings to date, must have plenty of capacity available.

It’s not as if there are upcoming matches to play and CB, based on declining to do media on Friday, must be intending to train with us or someone else.

The manager can give him as long as he (TW) wants as far as I’m concerned. 

7 minutes ago, skygod said:

I don’t see why people are so keen to close the door to Burke.

It’s the manager’s job to recruit his squad and spend his budget which, based on the signings to date, must have plenty of capacity available.

It’s not as if there are upcoming matches to play and CB, based on declining to do media on Friday, must be intending to train with us or someone else.

The manager can give him as long as he (TW) wants as far as I’m concerned. 

If he wasnt such a fan favourite would u have the same opinion .whats the big decision if hes a big killie man  .Wait till something better comes along and we are his safety net .

5 minutes ago, Big sexy said:

If he wasnt such a fan favourite would u have the same opinion .whats the big decision if hes a big killie man  .Wait till something better comes along and we are his safety net .

There's a reason he's a fans' favourite - he's one of our best players.

Craig Samson is a Killie fan too, but got pelters on here.

Thankfully TW is in charge and he seems to know what he's doing. 

The anger that still hasn’t fully settled says I don’t think we should be waiting about for answers from any of the team who took us down. They all have to accept their share of the blame and it seems an easy question IMO do you want to make things right or not?

Beyond that there are question marks around Burke. Have his legs gone or was it just a few games too many last season. What’s taking so long for him to make the decision? Is he doubting himself and questioning his own body.

We need our squad in place quickly so they can get games and gel ASAP. Having Burke may alter other targets. Do we need more workers to ease his workload or an extra wide man to split the shift. Waiting longer for any player affects the rebuild

2 minutes ago, Mogwai said:

There's a reason he's a fans' favourite - he's one of our best players.

Craig Samson is a Killie fan too, but got pelters on here.

Thankfully TW is in charge and he seems to know what he's 

Does he tw know what hes doing mate we were relegated remember and yes we can all blame dyer fowler bowie etc.but tw had his chance to save us and didnt 

8 minutes ago, Big sexy said:

Does he tw know what hes doing mate we were relegated remember and yes we can all blame dyer fowler bowie etc.but tw had his chance to save us and didnt 

What chance did he have? He was brought in too late with no transfer window and inherited a squad of players who had mostly mentally and physically checked out! Yogi got a transfer window and county and he kept them up.The saying that fits is you can't polish a turd and TW was most certainly handed a turd.

4 minutes ago, MuirP said:

What chance did he have? He was brought in too late with no transfer window and inherited a squad of players who had mostly mentally and physically checked out! Yogi got a transfer window and county and he kept them up.The saying that fits is you can't polish a turd and TW was most certainly handed a turd.

Fed up with this narrative he failed 

23 minutes ago, piffer said:

The anger that still hasn’t fully settled says I don’t think we should be waiting about for answers from any of the team who took us down. They all have to accept their share of the blame and it seems an easy question IMO do you want to make things right or not?

Beyond that there are question marks around Burke. Have his legs gone or was it just a few games too many last season. What’s taking so long for him to make the decision? Is he doubting himself and questioning his own body.

We need our squad in place quickly so they can get games and gel ASAP. Having Burke may alter other targets. Do we need more workers to ease his workload or an extra wide man to split the shift. Waiting longer for any player affects the rebuild

he was a good player, but he might, and i only say might, be a rubbish coach. nobody knows if he will be good as a coach, but everyone is desperate to give him a part player.part coach role.

dundee embarrassed us i=over two games, burke was playing. you cant tell me he is going to better this season than last. 

we took offers away from other players, not sure burke deserves to be an exeption

30 minutes ago, Big sexy said:

If he wasnt such a fan favourite would u have the same opinion .

I think you either trust the manager to build a squad or not.

He has a huge job on his hands and I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt on the tactics he employs.

We don’t know what discussions have been held with Burke.

If the season was looming and we had just one space left in the squad I could understand impatience in getting it resolved. But not now. 

1 minute ago, skygod said:

I think you either trust the manager to build a squad or not.

He has a huge job on his hands and I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt on the tactics he employs.

We don’t know what discussions have been held with Burke.

If the season was looming and we had just one space left in the squad I could understand impatience in getting it resolved. But not now. 

If your building a squad for the future why waste a wage on a player on his last legs as been proved on last few games of season .Loved burke but at the end of the day his time is up  Thanks for your efforts but we move on

6 minutes ago, Bhamkillieken said:

he was a good player, but he might, and i only say might, be a rubbish coach. nobody knows if he will be good as a coach, but everyone is desperate to give him a part player.part coach role.

dundee embarrassed us i=over two games, burke was playing. you cant tell me he is going to better this season than last. 

we took offers away from other players, not sure burke deserves to be an exeption

The coach thing is thrown about too easily. We should give Burke a coaching role. In the past it’s been Pasca, Boyd, Hay and even Dicker.

This decision should come solely from the football people and there should be a pathway for anyone taking the role. TW, Stephenson, Fowler, McDonald sit down and look at his credentials for the job. He then starts at a level they all agree on and go from there

11 minutes ago, piffer said:

The coach thing is thrown about too easily. We should give Burke a coaching role. In the past it’s been Pasca, Boyd, Hay and even Dicker.

This decision should come solely from the football people and there should be a pathway for anyone taking the role. TW, Stephenson, Fowler, McDonald sit down and look at his credentials for the job. He then starts at a level they all agree on and go from there

Exactly