Departures

Imo Lafferty will end up at St Mirren or Motherwell.  Canny see him heading back to Hearts, or to Aberdeen.  Dundee is too far a daily commute.

Kiltie, thats a tough one as for a short time a move to StJ, St Mirren, Scumdee, etc will.be a move up from us, but longer term is a sideways move at best, providing TW does what i expecr him to be able to do.

Pinnock, theres a player there, but he isn't hardy enough for the Scottish game, needs confidnece to be able to show anything beyond mediocraty.

Good luck them all  including KB, who despite his failings always gave us what he had, its just that wjat he has had for 18mths is way below the std needed.

Edited by Beaker71

Pretty gutted Kiltie has left. He has put lots of time, effort and love into the club and you could tell it meant a lot to him. He was starting to show this season that he has the ability to play in the top flight. Had his trouble with injury but seems to be over that now. Wish him all the best in the future and he deserves a good career.

Hope he goes down south and doesn’t sign for anyone else in Scotland. 

42 minutes ago, GrazyKillie said:

Pretty gutted Kiltie has left. He has put lots of time, effort and love into the club and you could tell it meant a lot to him. He was starting to show this season that he has the ability to play in the top flight. Had his trouble with injury but seems to be over that now. Wish him all the best in the future and he deserves a good career.

Hope he goes down south and doesn’t sign for anyone else in Scotland. 

The club also put lots of time, effort and love into Kiltie!

Of them all, I thought we were likely to keep Kiltie, and I was happy with that. He is a Killie fan, and has proven talent at this level. Fair play that he wants to earn his crust in the Premiership, good luck to hum.

The rest I was happy/fine to see go. I didn't see Lafferty ever signing with us. He'll be at Hearts in the next few weeks

2 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

Of them all, I thought we were likely to keep Kiltie, and I was happy with that. He is a Killie fan, and has proven talent at this level. Fair play that he wants to earn his crust in the Premiership, good luck to hum.

The rest I was happy/fine to see go. I didn't see Lafferty ever signing with us. He'll be at Hearts in the next few weeks

Is he actually a Killie fan or assumed because he’s been here for so long like Rory. 

1 minute ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Is he actually a Killie fan or assumed because he’s been here for so long like Rory. 

Think like a lot of players in Scottish football his true allegiances lie with one of those two Glasgow teams!

4 hours ago, Fletch said:

Absolutely not, Kiltie has never been good enough to pay over and above IMO. He's an OK player who has done OK for us. If he doesn't want to be here and he has a better opportunity I can understand him wanting to explore that, wish him all the best but I wouldn't go begging for him to stay.

kiltie is no loss, in fact the only loss out of the whole bloody lot of them is lafferty 

Regarding kiltie whilst he has had a couple of stand out games he is for the most part just a “tidy” player. Never really had the force of personality to come on and take charge of a game, was more of a neat passer but never really had a killer ball or anything like that.

Club stuck by him for a long time though a couple of injuries that would have seen him punted from other places.

Think probably the most telling thing is that he has been in the cusp of “making it” in our team for the best part of a decade now (debut in 2013) and in all that time he never stamped his position in the team. Even in the season that got us relegated and we have been as bad as we were, he never cemented a place in that team. You can only be breaking in to the team for so long. 

As mention previously on the thread the previous cycle is over for us, time to rebuild. There are new exciting young prospects coming through that will fill that role and pad the bench where needed.

Thanks for your service Greg but it’s time for a change, if his agent can get him a move to St Johnstone he should bite their hand off. 

32 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Nobody should be guaranteed a game. If Kiltie has done that then I’m glad Wrights told him to bolt. 

I think it’s terrible that all the new signings from the championship are on higher salaries than Kiltie was offered.

Of course I have no idea if that’s true, in fact I think it’s probably a load of rubbish, but I just wanted to see what it’s like just making stuff up about why Kiltie is leaving.

Edited by historyman

2 hours ago, jamiekfc said:

Kiltie was the best technical player we had at the club and would’ve absolutely walked the championship imo. Contributed to 12 goals in 34 appearances last season, can’t believe some of the comments on here saying glad to see him leave. 

Talk about loyalty we should be doing everything we can to keep players like Kiltie at the club and if it’s true about Wright telling him to gtf then that’s not great tbh

100% This

12 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

They'll need new models for the Killie Ltd stock. Kiltie,Millen,Broadfoot, all featured, plus Kabamba. Can’t be many players still here on the remaining months of the calendar either.  

Taylor's away from June. July is Tish & Dicker. August Big Innes & Fraudfoot. Sept Ross & Burke. Oct Kiltie & Power. Nov McGowan &  Haunstrup. December Big K & Rory. So, 7 away from 15. So far. 

Brindley & Connell the other two from June.