Departures

35 minutes ago, Galdunc11 said:

Stuck record. We know your view on this. Move on and stop regurgitating the same point ad nauseam. 

Nope, and no one will ever be able to prove otherwise now. 
But seriously I will never understand why the board sanctioned that move when we were in a relegation battle. Look at the goals we conceded in the run in. Five to County alone. One less and we stay up. Crazy but the board escape blame. It’s stuff like that makes me fear for the future. 

Edited by historyman

14 minutes ago, historyman said:

But seriously I will never understand why the board sanctioned that move when we were in a relegation battle. Look at the goals we conceded in the run in. Five to County alone. One less and we stay up. Crazy but the board escape blame. It’s stuff like that makes me fear for the future. 

If Findlay had stayed he would probably have partnered the player that was the problem so I can’t imagine the outcome being much different. 

20 minutes ago, historyman said:

You understand he was injured and wouldn't have played?

5 minutes ago, historyman said:

You assume that by having the move denied Findlay would have buckled down and given 100% and been the inform defender he was in the past, certainly not immediately prior to getting injured.

He was injured at the time with an unknown return date. He hadn’t exactly been in top form this season anyway. If you had a dream, life changing job move denied, would you return to work with the same commitment as before?  Most wouldn’t. May well have been bitter and downed tools. 

We will never know but to continually bang on that killing the move was the difference between staying up and relegation is clutching at straws . Let it go! 

Combination of lots of factors as to why we lost to dundee over two games they wanted it more than us and a lot of players didn't show up especially at home and although the tactics from our vastly experienced manager were abysmal I cannot remember one occasion over the two games  where the much vaunted lafferty even caused the two dundee centre backs any problems even for allowing for our total inability to create anything of note.

He was offered a substantial offer to remain with us next season and started flogging himself around to see if he could get more so well done to TW for not getting into a bidding war and hopefully we will get somebody every bit as good if not better and somebody who won't sail as close to getting a red card as often as well !

I’d suggest loaning Brophy out when we had two inept strikers at the club and extending the loan of Doyle without getting a keeper in in January was bigger errors than letting Findlay leave. Yes we’ve had horrific defensive lapses but I can easily recall many games when woeful goalkeeping or abysmal finishing cost us three or one point… and a cup quarter final. 

Kyle Lafferty insists he was shown the door by Kilmarnock despite pledging to stay and be part of their Championship campaign next season.

The Northern Irishman rejected the claim he knocked back a new deal from the relegated Ayrshire club and accused the Rugby Park board of using the players as scapegoats for the disaster of taking the drop after losing their Premiership play-off against Dundee.

Lafferty returned from Northern Ireland’s friendly against Ukraine to discover he’d been listed alongside Kirk Broadfoot and fellow forwards Greg Kiltie and Mitch Pinnock in a batch of players leaving the club this summer.

But the 33-year-old former Rangers striker, who scored 13 goals in 13 appearances across the league and Scottish Cup, accused Killie of not engaging in talks over a new deal.

He said: “I was with the Northern Ireland squad in Ukraine when I read that I’d decided to move on from Kilmarnock, it was extremely disappointing. It just isn’t true that I’ve walked away, the opposite is true. I loved the time I had there and wanted to stay.

“My aim was to be a part of the bid to bounce straight back to the Premiership next season but the club have announced that won’t be happening. The club spoke to my agent, he told them what I was looking for and I wasn’t asking for the earth or to give the boss Tommy Wright a heart attack.

“Contract talks are all about negotiation but there was none of that, we heard nothing, just an announcement on the official club website that I and several other players had decided to move on.

“It’s a disingenuous statement, the fans deserve to know what the situation is as it’s not right to have players thrown under the bus because of the relegation.

“My aim is stay at Killie and help the club come straight back from the Championship next season but the club have now said I’ve moved on. I’d like the Killie fans to know it’s not the case that I have rejected the chance to stay at the club. The truth is that I wanted to be part of the plans for next season.”

Lafferty was the only Killie player to confront furious fans in the aftermath of their Premiership play-off defeat to Dundee last month

He said: “We’ve let you all down, we weren’t good enough all season.

“There are boys who have been at the club ten years. The kit man is crying.

“That was one of the team talks this morning. We said we would do it for them - but obviously we couldn’t.”

Now the emotions have chilled with the reality of relegation setting despite director Phyllis McLeish promising there would be no reduction in Wright’s budget for next season

She said: “We have been looking down the barrel of a gun for more than a couple of weeks.

“We have been speaking about what’s going to happen, and we decided that whatever happened we are going to stick with the player budget, there won’t be a reduction.”

There have been 11 departures from the playing staff confirmed by the club, which included club captain Gary Dicker, Youssouf Mulumbu, Danny Rogers and Nicke Kabamba.

A contract offer to defender Ross Millen has also been withdrawn but Lafferty, who signed a short-term deal at Rugby Park in February following a stint in Italy with Reggina, believes those spending claims appear to be a smokescreen.

He said: “I don’t want to get into any slagging matches but I know that contracts were offered to individuals and given a few hours to make a decision. Take it or leave it. That’s not the right way to treat people. The terms on offer in certain cases were vastly reduced, I’m close to certain players and it’s an embarrassment.

“They may say the budget remains the same and I wish Killie nothing but the best but they can’t be allowed to play with the truth when issuing statements about decisions they’ve taken which don’t represent the reality of the situation.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kyle-lafferty-rejects-kilmarnock-contract-24257874.amp#click=https://t.co/evrXjZlTXZ 

Just now, ki11ie said:

Goes on to say that he told the club what he was after and we never got back to him. I suspect he was asking for a ridiculous amount of money

F3303CE7-B01F-4713-A638-26E4E79793FB.png

I think the issue lies with his agent as quoted in that he left all negotiations to his agent. And in my eyes i think we could promise the money Lafferty would like. But not the money his agent would get.

3 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

100% the club messed him about. That’s two players and two employees of the club who have said the same thing. I’ve defended Fowler on Twitter more than most and on this forum, but apparently he’s the issue and not Wright. 

Whos the other player?? 

7 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

100% the club messed him about. That’s two players and two employees of the club who have said the same thing. I’ve defended Fowler on Twitter more than most and on this forum, but apparently he’s the issue and not Wright. 

Not surprised. 

The club has been a f**king shambles since Clarke left.

Every single f**king decision this board has made, including the hire of Fowler, has been shambolic.