Stephen McGinn

SM21

• Lroy changed the title to Stephen McGinn

I think he [McGinn] could prove to be a decent signing. Good experience particularly at our new found level. If he does his job then I'm happy enough. 

I know some are "underwhelmed" but when you go down a league you need to make some concessions with what you can attract to the club. Albeit, Scott Robinson made the drop down after his best season at Livi, and I'm sure we will make some marquee signings; probably more specifically a striker and GK. Even so, I think he could add some good experience to the team. I don't think his addition is a bad one.

Edited by Stb1750

Kilmarnock snap up Stephen McGinn as he becomes latest summer recruit

The former St Mirren, Sheffield United and Hibernian man turned down a new deal at Morton in favour of signing for the Ayrshire side.

Kilmarnock have added more experience to their ranks as Stephen McGinn has joined the club.

The former St Mirren, Sheffield United and Hibernian man turned down a new deal at Morton in favour of signing for the Ayrshire side.

He said: “The chance to move here came up over the past few days and as soon as I heard about the club’s interest then I wanted it done right away.

“The chance to play for Kilmarnock, who are the biggest club in the league, and the chance to work with Tommy Wright, really appealed to me and I’m just delighted to join.

“Winning the Championship with St Mirren was one of the favourite seasons of my career and I felt I thrived while dealing with the mental pressure of challenging for a title, which have those moments where you need to turn draws into wins.

“After speaking to the manager and hearing about the season ticket sales, it really feels as though the supporters are buying into what’s happening at the club and if we can keep everyone pulling in the same direction then that can be a really powerful thing.”

Manager Tommy Wright added: “As we continue to build our new team, we’ve brought in players in their early or mid 20s but experience is also important and Stephen knows what it is like to win the Championship.

“I believe that experience will be invaluable and I really like the way Stephen plays the game.

“All the players we’ve added so far have shown a great determination and enthusiasm for getting the club back to the Premiership and Stephen was really keen to join and be part of something here.”

Source -THE DAILY RECORD