Stephen McGinn

SM21

6 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Anyway. There is no appetite for change in this site. 

What do you propose fella? 

Think most are extremely angry and frustrated at how things have gone the past two years, no question on that but it appears we now have a solid manager, a plan for who we want to bring in and the fans back onside. Not all doom n gloom. 

31 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Not the board? Wow. You stakeholders are very forgiving. 

Somebody or some group has skilfully created a tremendous safety blanket around failure. Allowed others to be set up. 

It doesn’t matter if it’s six days, six months or six years, this new group are are not able to take us back to the spl.

Im sure I’ll be reminded if I’m proved wrong. But I fear I’ll be banging on as we approach league one come February next year. Still accused of being some sort of ill meaning rangers fan. 

I wish there were others with a backbone - and a memory of the 80s - to call this for what it is. 

They’re not able to take us to the SPL mainly because the SPL hasn’t existed for nearly 10 years. 

10 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I said I was done with this forum. I’d watch from a distance. And that the board didn’t match my ambition, and the fans on here were in denial and that we were in a downward spiral. Yes. I said all that. I stayed away for 5 months. And it has played our very much in line with prediction that night in January 2020.

Anyway. There is no appetite for change in this site. 

Was a decent 5 months though.

You could do better if you posted less often rather than constantly bombard people with your one track thoughts.

16 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I don’t give a s**t about your reaction. I give a s**t about my club. And you may be prepared to watch it go down the drain the way it moved in the 1980s. I’m not- not without a fight anyway. But looking for some like minded folks on this forum is - I agree with this aspect - proving a redundant effort.

Let’s go on our merry way. I’ll hold fire on any negative (board or fans) posts until February 2022. I’ll rely on fans like you to provide critical comment till then.

Please do.

I don't really understand what you expect to achieve with this 'fight' you are putting up, and thank God you haven't found any 'like minded' folks on this forum.

We all have an opnion and we should all be able to express that opnion but you seem to be delusional in regards to your expectations for our next season in the Championship. The most important thing is to get out of it, and build a solid foundation for our team's future, hopefully back in the Premiership. How are we supposed to entice a bunch of International level footballers when we are playing in the 2nd tier? The only way to obtain the squad you seem so upset that we don't have would be to spend way above our means (somehow) and fork out ridiculous contracts that wouldn't be sustainable in the long term. 

It's far too early to say what this squad will be like together but it I think it will have a decent chance of getting us promoted and you writing everything off so asstertively before a ball is even kicked serves no benefit. 

Please try to be a bit more positive and at least give this new team a chance. The rest of us aren't burying our heads in the sand, we're trying to support our team.

8 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I don’t give a s**t about your reaction. I give a s**t about my club. And you may be prepared to watch it go down the drain the way it moved in the 1980s. I’m not- not without a fight anyway. But looking for some like minded folks on this forum is - I agree with this aspect - proving a redundant effort.

Let’s go on our merry way. I’ll hold fire on any negative (board or fans) posts until February 2022. I’ll rely on fans like you to provide critical comment till then.

If you dont give a s**t about my reaction why quote me and respond?

We’re building a team for the job in hand which is getting out the Championship. So far we’ve taken a couple of players off our promotion rivals, signed a couple of players from Premiership teams and another with Premiership experience plus a young lad from down south. It’s not a bad calibre and on paper should certainly be good enough to at least compete to take us back up. 

Some folk need to get real .Yes I wouldn’t have been pleased with the standard of player we are signing if we were still in the Premiership but we are not.I would have liked to have kept Lafferty,Kiltie signed Stewart ,Kennedy McGinn (Sheep one ) and a few others.Thats not going to happen.We are trying to assemble a team to win the championship with championship players not achieve top 6.Wait till they have played 1st and see if the manager has signed the correct players.One thing for sure if we are not in a top 3 place come January the knives will be out for Wright but at least give him to then 

What were the options? 

1. Give the losers that got us relegated last season new contracts.

2. Sign Premiership quality players in the championship. 

3. Sign high quality, proven championship players. 

4. Drop budget down to a championship level and sign players appropriately. 

We've tried a bit of 1, offering contracts to the better players from last year. Some have signed, some have chose to move on - that's life when you get relegated unfortunately. 

Using 2 as a strategy would blow our budget out of the water. We'd need to pay much more than Premiership clubs to be able to convince players to drop down a league. We may be able to do this for a few players (could have happened with Robinson), but it's untenable to build a squad of these players. Risking sending ourselves into financial ruin to get out of this league is not a strategy I'm at all comfortable with. 

It looks like what we're going for is strategy 3 with a mix of 2 and 4. Keeping the budget the same and signing players from the top end of the championship, cheap players from the lower end champ and below, and trying to prise what Prem level players that we can realistically afford. We can argue to death over the quality of players that were signing, but as a strategy I think it's a fair one. What I'm hoping is that we fill the majority of the team with players of a similar quality to what we've been signing so far, then splash out on a few x factor players who should have the quality to see us dominate. A good goalie, dominant centre half and clinical striker would make a massive difference and be worth spending a large chunk of the budget on. 

Interested in the thoughts of those who don't agree with the signings so far, what should we be doing instead? 

Edited by KillieDIV

41 minutes ago, KillieDIV said:

We've tried a bit of 1, offering contracts to the better players from last year. Some have signed, some have chose to move on

The only one in this category who has signed is Cameron, with others such as Burke and Waters still considering their options.

4 hours ago, SlimStripey said:

We’re building a team for the job in hand which is getting out the Championship. So far we’ve taken a couple of players off our promotion rivals, signed a couple of players from Premiership teams and another with Premiership experience plus a young lad from down south. It’s not a bad calibre and on paper should certainly be good enough to at least compete to take us back up. 

You need to cut your cloth according to the situation ie division you find yourself in. By retaining the same player budget that should give us the edge over our Championship rivals if we are competing against them for the same players.

If we can tempt players from the premiership or down south that are higher level than championship calibre then that will be a bonus but anyone who is complaining that we are losing out to eg St Mirren or ‘Well needs a reality check and also a check at which league we will be in with associated financial rewards  compared to them.

If and when we get promoted then the budget will be revisited and the squad strengthened with players that will give us a chance to stay up and improve. If new recruits come from championship level at that stage so be it but we would then be in a position to be in for players that teams with a similar budget are currently beating us to. 

15 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Another championship player replacing premiership talent. Is anyone really..I mean really ... believing that the club is heading in a positive direction? 

I can’t believe the attempts - maybe genuine - to celebrate these nobody signings when we have had Scotland internationals a plenty in the last couple of years. And Northern Ireland stars.

Does anybody believe that we have signed anybody that will get near an full international caps the next 3 years? 

When is it time to say that we won’t stand for this? We are a laughing stock with the players we are signing.

This is Mcnab, mcceachren , Milton Thomson revisited 2021 style.

Forget the personalities on here. Just the facts and reality.

Is there in any reality a situation that we are improving our squad capability with the ins and outs this window? I really can’t even fantasise that this could be the case.

Milton Thomson couldn't get in a 2nd division Killie side and would have had a nosebleed in the Premier. Are you suggesting that Robinson for example is not a Championship player with capability to play in the Premier? A far cry from MT or his ilk.

For someone looking at facts and reality, you appear to include a bit of hyperbole when it suits.

15 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

You had me and others to impact when it could have made a difference. It’s not about having a cozy love in when it’s painfully obvious we need change. The morale will be up when we have a chairman, a proper board, new investors and proper business plan..ambition...our killie back.

Excuse my ignorance here but am I right in thinking that you are apportioning all the blame for our failure to retain our top league status for next season solely on our boardroom custodians? 

If that is the case then maybe you could enlighten all of us as to which games any of the three of them actually participated in during it?

My recollection of the events that unfolded were that none of them actually did participate so therefore wouldn't you concede that the blame first and foremost should lie with the players and especially with the certain ones you continue to champion?

It is time for ALL of us to accept the position the club has been plunged into and stick together both on and off the field to ensure our absence is as short as possible! 

3 hours ago, Bbk said:

Excuse my ignorance here but am I right in thinking that you are apportioning all the blame for our failure to retain our top league status for next season solely on our boardroom custodians? 

If that is the case then maybe you could enlighten all of us as to which games any of the three of them actually participated in during it?

My recollection of the events that unfolded were that none of them actually did participate so therefore wouldn't you concede that the blame first and foremost should lie with the players and especially with the certain ones you continue to champion?

It is time for ALL of us to accept the position the club has been plunged into and stick together both on and off the field to ensure our absence is as short as possible! 

Give it a break with ‘the board don’t play the matches pish’. By the same childish argument Clarke had no part in our third place success. Anyone with half a brain knows where the buck stops and knows who made the decisions that got us relegated after 28 years. 

Edited by historyman

1 hour ago, historyman said:

Give it a break with ‘the board don’t play the matches pish’. By the same childish argument Clarke had no part in our third place success. Anyone with half a brain knows where the buck stops and knows who made the decisions that got us relegated after 28 years. 

My half a brain is saying that our goalkeeping howlers costing us valuable points and various other on field decisions by a lot of the other players were the reason we ended up in the play offs this season or is that to simplistic an explanation as to why we got relegated after 28years?

4 minutes ago, Bbk said:

My half a brain is saying that our goalkeeping howlers costing us valuable points and various other on field decisions by a lot of the other players were the reason we ended up in the play offs this season or is that to simplistic an explanation as to why we got relegated after 28years?

Yup. We were pish. But we've been pish before and survived. Even a Craig Samson wins us enough extra points to stay up.

Lets hope that many more of us can realise that ultimately it was the major mistakes on the field by too many of our players last season that cost us our top flight status and hopefully the team TW is putting together for the next campaign will give us the desired result come next May!