Stephen McGinn

SM21

35 minutes ago, Bbk said:

My half a brain is saying that our goalkeeping howlers costing us valuable points and various other on field decisions by a lot of the other players were the reason we ended up in the play offs this season or is that to simplistic an explanation as to why we got relegated after 28years?

Yes it is, we got relegated because the board haven’t made a correct decision since the day Steve Clarke walked out the building and I don’t see that changing until a proper structure to run the club is put in place 

4 hours ago, historyman said:

Give it a break with ‘the board don’t play the matches pish’. By the same childish argument Clarke had no part in our third place success. Anyone with half a brain knows where the buck stops and knows who made the decisions that got us relegated after 28 years. 

There are some pretty nonsensical comments there. You know fine what the board don’t play comment refers to. They make the senior appointments and have certainly made a catalogue of blunders that’s for sure but it was then up to Dyer and Fowler to identify and sign the best players we could within our budget.

Dyer as manager then had to pick the correct starting line up, amend as the game progressed and clearly outline the tactics. He failed miserably. 

The players need to go out and do their bit and many of them failed misery far too often. Of course the lack of a quality keeper was significant. The blunders from both and lack of confidence that spread to the defence cost us numerous points that would have kept us up.

The analogy with Steve Clarke is ridiculous. A manager can directly affect the teams performance on the pitch. The Board can’t.

56 minutes ago, Galdunc11 said:

There are some pretty nonsensical comments there. You know fine what the board don’t play comment refers to. They make the senior appointments and have certainly made a catalogue of blunders that’s for sure but it was then up to Dyer and Fowler to identify and sign the best players we could within our budget.

Dyer as manager then had to pick the correct starting line up, amend as the game progressed and clearly outline the tactics. He failed miserably. 

The players need to go out and do their bit and many of them failed misery far too often. Of course the lack of a quality keeper was significant. The blunders from both and lack of confidence that spread to the defence cost us numerous points that would have kept us up.

The analogy with Steve Clarke is ridiculous. A manager can directly affect the teams performance on the pitch. The Board can’t.

The constant reflection on the shambles that was the last two years bores me to tears. Board, management, players have all been an embarrassment and now fans are already lining up the excuses for why we won’t win the championship. 

3 hours ago, Killiefaetheferry said:

My mrs just asked about the thread title. I explained the complexities of the transfer market in Scottish football and how this acquisition was a positive move in a volatile time for the club. She pondered my wisdom. Then correctly observed that we've basically signed Jamie, rather than Andy Murray. 

Unfortunately we're currently an open tournament at Killie tennis club rather than Wimbledon.

The board got us relegated. Giving the job to Dyer when he was a failure as caretaker and not moving him out cos he won a game every couple of months, got us relegated. Not giving the new manager a transfer window got us relegated. The players were poor but January replacements could have saved us if the manager had a clue.