Would you have Stewart back?

Sandman396

His success with us depended on his relationship with Brophy. That ship has sailed, and I don't see any of the new squad being a replacement. Also, he's not getting any younger and his wage demands would be out of the question. We do need an attacking ball-player to replace Kiltie, but Stewart isn't the man.

It’s unlikely to happen but yes.

He was a pawn in a game involving Birmingham, Aberdeen, his agent (and others?).

Iirc we matched Aberdeen’s financial offer yet he was always going to leave. 

I don’t get the the idea that he was culpable. He’s not the brightest and would have gone where he was told. 

Edited by skygod

42 minutes ago, skygod said:

It’s unlikely to happen but yes.

He was a pawn in a game involving WBA, Aberdeen, his agent (and others?).

Iirc we matched Aberdeen’s financial offer yet he was always going to leave. 

I don’t get the the idea that he was culpable. He’s not the brightest and would have gone where he was told. 

I presume he still has the same agent, so no!

No ( and I don't think we'd have the opportunity anyway)

As with the vast majority of players in the Clarke era he made them way better than they actually were. Stewart is a good player, would he excel in this side? probbaly not, see Aberdeen for recent comparisons.

Again time to move on, new players with no baggage

7 minutes ago, jasper said:

His success with us depended on his relationship with Brophy. That ship has sailed, and I don't see any of the new squad being a replacement. Also, he's not getting any younger and his wage demands would be out of the question. We do need an attacking ball-player to replace Kiltie, but Stewart isn't the man.

Brophys success depended on him. Hes a very capable player and would be the best in the division by far. But hes never coming to us. 

Excellent player who would rip a lot of players to shreds in that league, Wasted his career since the day he left us but he will be set for life - so I get it. 

Would give us the X factor we'll need to unlock a lot of stubborn defences but think he'll get a premier league gig pretty easily. 

18 minutes ago, Decripit said:

Do you think this kind of signing could help us shift more season tickets ? If so could the extra numbers mean it could be self financing. 

To give you an idea, 600 season tickets at an average of, say, £250 would gross £150k pa. 

5 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

It's a no from me, we need to move on from SC era great though it was. The whole Club needs a fresh start, instead of constantly looking to bring ex players back. 

Yes in principle, but it would be silly to turn down exceptional players on those grounds.

Everyone was willing to welcome back Bachmann last season with no apparent qualms. 

Edited by skygod

He will move to whoever offers the best deal in regards to wages and contract ….so probably not be coming to us 

But , would be a yes from me, IF TW after speaking to him thought he was willing to commit to the cause and not just looking for an easy life……