Would you have Stewart back?

Sandman396

6 hours ago, skygod said:

Yes in principle, but it would be silly to turn down exceptional players on those grounds.

Everyone was willing to welcome back Bachmann last season with no apparent qualms. 

Yes but we hadn't just been relegated or endured the worst season in a generation. I was guilty of clinging onto the hope that somehow Stevie Clarkes Assistant and some of his squad could bring us success. As we all know it was a f**king disaster and for that reason alone I wouldn't have GS back or anyone from that time. We need to move on and let TW build his own team and mould them into a successful team. Good though he was for a few months for us GS couldn't be described as an exceptional player, in fact the only manager to get him playing regularly at any great level was SSC 

20 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

We need to move on and let TW build his own team and mould them into a successful team....

....the only manager to get him playing regularly at any great level was SSC 

Correct, but the question was ether we would have Stewart back. Wright will obviously have his own ideas and they are unlikely to include Stewart.

The best spell in his career was probably at Dundee under Paul Hartley, which got him two Player of the Year nominations and his move to Birmingham City. 

Its a no from me, i really hope we stop looking backwards under TW, I remember the feeling of disbelief when Stewart left us, it actually made no sense at all, we were the club on the up and he could really have made a difference, but he chose to end his chances of success that day and despite his new riches i can only think he may regret it one day.

We all go out every day to earn money, why do we expect football players to not, get a grip if you had a choice 1k a week or 2k a week, what would  you chose, if he wanted to come back and it improved the team of  course we want him back its a no brainer, or am I the only person who thinks who care who plays for us as long as we win and get back up.

Like with lafferty...if Greg Stewart is for some reason at a super low ebb and willing to play in the second tier of Scottish football.I’ll choke on my coffee and accept my ignorance of Scottish football. He didn’t sign for us when we were good. He won’t sign for us when we are a laughing stock. Those implying we would say “no” if available need a reality check. The days of Stewart signings are a no more than a wet dream now. We are the killie of 1989 in all but the league status.

15 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Like with lafferty...if Greg Stewart is for some reason at a super low ebb and willing to play in the second tier of Scottish football.I’ll choke on my coffee and accept my ignorance of Scottish football. He didn’t sign for us when we were good. He won’t sign for us when we are a laughing stock. Those implying we would say “no” if available need a reality check. The days of Stewart signings are a no more than a wet dream now. We are the killie of 1989 in all but the league status.

What an absolute bundle of joy you are. 

On 6/11/2021 at 10:29 PM, Thebigguy68 said:

As I said on another thread BigGuy as a theoretical exercise why don't you outline your plan for getting us back to the Premiership?

You can tell us the players you want to sign you can even bring back some of your favourites that have left if you want.