Chris Stokes

jazza

2 minutes ago, marydoll said:

I thought McGowan said all the right things as well.

I also was thrilled when McGowan’s signing was announced, but we all know how last season panned out. 
I still hope there is a player in there.  Might he be more assured this season if there is a proper goalkeeper behind him and two aggressive commanding centre backs beside him? 
My Accies season ticket holding mate was astonished he didn’t make an impact last season. 
I am hoping he will come good this season 

This on paper looks a really good signing - exactly what we need. Playing so often at a decent level before and off the back of a full season I'd have probably taken that in the Premiership - which makes two centre backs that fit that criteria already. Positive!

35 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

You mean like Haunstrup, McGowan and the Palace boy ?

Aye but EPL team fanboys are all deluded idiots. McGowan was good at Accies and Pompey fans still believe they're a big club.

Can't imagine fans of Forest Green Rovers are too high and mighty about their place in the game! 

33 minutes ago, Killie1984 said:

What foot is Murray? Video I saw of him he looked happy using either 

Transfermarkt has him down as right footed, but he has certainly played at LB a lot in his career.

s.PNG.8bd4ef2b82b1665f72fcc4f06b986889.PNG

Screams of similarities to Micheal Nelson. If he’s as good as him we have a great player on our hands. Forrest Green fans can’t speak highly enough of him. Another vocal leader, 2 solid no nonsense centre halves now. Him and Murray both captains delighted with that. A solid keeper in now and back 4 is taking shape. 
wonder if we will go for a left back or stick with haunstrap 

2 hours ago, ki11ie said:

Screams of similarities to Micheal Nelson. If he’s as good as him we have a great player on our hands. Forrest Green fans can’t speak highly enough of him. Another vocal leader, 2 solid no nonsense centre halves now. Him and Murray both captains delighted with that. A solid keeper in now and back 4 is taking shape. 
wonder if we will go for a left back or stick with haunstrap 

Funny, I said the exact same thing. I immediately saw Michael Nelson when I read his career path and in his first spell here he was excellent. However, when we signed Sanders I said I couldn't unsee Conor Johnson - so I'd definitely take one out of two here.