Czech Republic Match Fred

CB

4 minutes ago, All the Wine said:

She's a woman talking about football, and isn't a 'looker' either so she's on a hiding to nothing with a majority of guys.

She's a woman talking s**te about football and a SevCo roaster she can get herself tae as far as I am concerned.

Nothing to do with what she looks like.

Edited by KenVaagen1984

Just now, KenVaagen1984 said:

She's a woman talking s**te about football and a SevCo roaster she can get herself tae as far as I am concerned.

Nothing to do with what she looks like though she does have the look of the undead about her IMO.

Nothing to do with what she looks like but I'll mention  it anyway 

8 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Don't think Marshall and SoD should have been starting. Difference Adams and Forrest made was huge.

Clarke doesn't strike me as sentimental in picking players, but hard not to compare and contrast  with Southgate dumping two good left backs for in form Trippier and it paying off.

Think Clarkes just had that wee bit too much caution too often for Scotland 

Its a quirk of the draw, but having that game first had a huge effect I reckon - could feel that both the players and Hampden knew that second goal pretty likely killed qualification and it took them a long time to come back into things. 

Marshall made a lot of decent saves but I’ve no idea why he was way up the pitch.

SOD is out of his depth and always looks like knows it himself. 

Edited by historyman

Can’t the believe the protection being offered to Marshall. No keeper should be in that position at that stage of the game. Call it the f**k up it was.

Overall we lacked the killer instinct in front of goal to get anything from the game. We created enough chances but didn’t have the quality on the park to take them.

Thought SOD looked out of his depth on the biggest stage. Don’t understand why Christie and McGregor got minutes before others off the back of last season. 

1 minute ago, historyman said:

I don’t see any reason why a keeper should be that far up the pitch at that point 

Exactly. 

Marshall gives him the option to try his luck. 

If Marshall is where he should be  then the Czech  holds it up for an advancing midfielder or lays it off to the guy beside him

4 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

If Marshall is where he should be  then the Czech  holds it up for an advancing midfielder or lays it off to the guy beside him

McGinn said something about Marshall needing to be there in case the Czechs broke away.

But even if they did, he would have back-pedalled towards his area where he could use his hands, and to buy his defenders some time, remote as that possibility would have been.

His only purpose in being there was to retrieve a loose ball punted forward or to be available for a pass back. 

8 minutes ago, skygod said:

McGinn said something about Marshall needing to be there in case the Czechs broke away.

But even if they did, he would have back-pedalled towards his area where he could use his hands, and to buy his defenders some time, remote as that possibility would have been.

His only purpose in being there was to retrieve a loose ball punted forward or to be available for a pass back. 

I would say McGinn is trying to save Marshall's arse with that comment. 

If the Czechs break away you expect your defence to be bursting a gut to get back and tackle,block or take one for the team by fouling and getting a yellow card.

A bit like Findlays lung bursting run to stop Obika at Paisley 2 seasons ago

Edited by stewarty66

6 minutes ago, skygod said:

I can’t remember seeing a keeper that high that early in the game. I also thought he was really slow to starting tracking back.

Ive just turned to STV and McCoist is the first person I’ve seen question the keeper. 

1 hour ago, Bhamkillieken said:

on the international stage we started with a striker from the middle championship and a a keeper from the bottom of the championship. 2 key positions where they are not good enough.

and a right back from the lowest rated team in the squad, if not the tournament!

2 minutes ago, Malkmus said:

Same old problem in front of goal, coupled with not enough quality to keep a clean sheet. I fear for us Friday if we give up possession as easily. 

We will be a different animal on Friday (hopefully) but ultimately come up short. 

SOD - pish, not an attacking wing back if his life depended on it. Should’ve been off after nutmegging himself after 3 minutes.

All the hype, all the anticipation, and we bottle our first game and best chance for 3 points.

Sick of hearing about hard luck, today was the game to go for, SC shat it.