Czech Republic Match Fred

CB

44 minutes ago, piffer said:

Can’t the believe the protection being offered to Marshall. No keeper should be in that position at that stage of the game. Call it the f**k up it was.

Overall we lacked the killer instinct in front of goal to get anything from the game. We created enough chances but didn’t have the quality on the park to take them.

Thought SOD looked out of his depth on the biggest stage. Don’t understand why Christie and McGregor got minutes before others off the back of last season. 

Gilmour before McGregor all day.

24 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

If the Czechs break away you expect your defence to be bursting a gut to get back and tackle,block or take one for the team by fouling and getting a yellow card.

The defenders wouldn’t have got back, which is why it was so negligent of Hendry to give the ball away as he did. 

Both Hendry and Marshall to blame, unrealistic to think Hendry would score shooting from there with so many bodies in front of him, player out wide better option. Unless it was 1-0 with minutes to go why would any keeper be as far up the pitch.

That goal killed any chance of even getting a draw which at least would have kept us in Euros.

Even from my perspective, Was hoping to see much better performance than that , but still the chances were there and game would have changed if had that cutting edge…..

Thought choosing Dykes over Adams was a wrong decision, and losing Teirney left 3 centre defenders who seemed reluctant to step forward with the ball to create space for others meaning the Czechs controlled midfield too easy 

58 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

I thought there were some decent bits for us but at the end of the day felt it was a bit like men v boys and we were mugged and it could've been worse. Friday going to be difficult. 

fancy watching just over the border for some support? i will hire a camper van and will put my 6 year old daughter and my 78 year old father in it and will pick you up on the way. lose we stop in wales for weekend, win we drive back to Brum and go up and down broad street blasting out i can boogie!

we have three strikers, we play the worst finisher at the "easiest" game at home, not very brave.

none of the midfield got a kick, none of them get pass marks, could drop them all of that performance.

full backs, for me robertson was on the only positive. think SOD is unfairly getting it tight. not very good but not the worst.

the centre backs, average, hanly lost the header for the first goal, the young boy shot when he should have passed, the guy from leeds nothing good/nothing bad.

keeper - one good save, on nightmare.

having tierney injured goosed us, as nobody came out from the back with the ball to push us up the pitch.

1 minute ago, Bhamkillieken said:

we have three strikers, we play the worst finisher at the "easiest" game at home, not very brave.

none of the midfield got a kick, none of them get pass marks, could drop them all of that performance.

full backs, for me robertson was on the only positive. think SOD is unfairly getting it tight. not very good but not the worst.

the centre backs, average, hanly lost the header for the first goal, the young boy shot when he should have passed, the guy from leeds nothing good/nothing bad.

having tierney injured goosed us, as nobody came out from the back with the ball to push us up the pitch.

SoD was miles out his depth. My huge worry coming in was him as I always felt he'd freeze on this stage and I think he did today. Should have been changed at HT.

4 minutes ago, Bhamkillieken said:

Christie goes past 2 men and is heading into the box and gets blocked off expertly by SOD says everything about SOD at this level

10 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Had to be reminded from a friend that mcgregor actually come in. What a shocking footballer. 

He had a poor season for Celtic. 

Nowhere near as influential as previous seasons.

Forrest by contrast who only came back at the end of the season after injury I thought did well when he came on.

2 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

He had a poor season for Celtic. 

Nowhere near as influential as previous seasons.

Forrest by contrast who only came back at the end of the season after injury I thought did well when he came on.

I’ve only ever seen Callum McGregor stand out when he’s been playing alongside an on form Scott Brown. I struggle to think of games he’s shone in without Brown at his side

2 minutes ago, Jasg said:

Christie goes past 2 men and is heading into the box and gets blocked off expertly by SOD says everything about SOD at this level

SOD was awful today but this incident I'm cutting him some slack. 

He gave Christie an option by running into the gap  to look for the pass as Christie was surrounded by 2 Czechs. 

It just summed up Scotland today that Christie showed some great skill to get past them only to be dispossessed by ODonnell.

SOD's law indeed

2 minutes ago, piffer said:

I’ve only ever seen Callum McGregor stand out when he’s been playing alongside an on form Scott Brown. I struggle to think of games he’s shone in without Brown at his side

Good point 

But he's been alongside Brown all season for Celtic .

Maybe that says more about Brown than him?

Anyway regardless of all that Billy Findlay is a better player than MacGregor

• CB unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, ross1987 said:

SOD - pish, not an attacking wing back if his life depended on it. Should’ve been off after nutmegging himself after 3 minutes.

All the hype, all the anticipation, and we bottle our first game and best chance for 3 points.

Sick of hearing about hard luck, today was the game to go for, SC shat it.

100 % correct far too cautious 

1 hour ago, Bhamkillieken said:

fancy watching just over the border for some support? i will hire a camper van and will put my 6 year old daughter and my 78 year old father in it and will pick you up on the way. lose we stop in wales for weekend, win we drive back to Brum and go up and down broad street blasting out i can boogie!

That's exceptionally kind of you BKK. I'm rehearsing with the band Saturday morning so will not be able to and no boozing Friday.  I not got a good feeling about this but if you go across the border hope you have a guid time!

33 minutes ago, gjkillie007 said:

If you sneak in to a party via the backdoor then don't be surprised if you are not really cool enough to be there. 

A very, very important point and one that Scotland fans and media are great at ignoring.

Scotland were decent today, the lack of taking good chances was the biggest disappointment.

21 minutes ago, KillieBus said:

A very, very important point and one that Scotland fans and media are great at ignoring.

Scotland were decent today, the lack of taking good chances was the biggest disappointment.

The thing is that teams competing at this level simply dont miss chances like the ones we missed today. Look at the chance the guy scored their 2nd goal from. Who have we got that could take a chance like that and score?

4 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Clarke was far to loyal to some of the players.Kierney was a big miss and how he can pick Dykes before Adams is only down to blind loyalty.There will be a few changes for the game against England 

Looks more and more like that. Unfortunately a lot of football has been played since that night in Serbia 

5 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Clarke was far to loyal to some of the players.Kierney was a big miss and how he can pick Dykes before Adams is only down to blind loyalty.There will be a few changes for the game against England 

There really has to be or england will take goals of us