Colin Doyle

SCOOT KFC

22 minutes ago, WIGHT and BLUE said:

..... the usual six 'experts' repeating themselves over and over (and over) again !!!!

I blame our 'short' international break.

Yip, what fans should do is blindly accept a blatantly ridiculous situation, completely forget how bad this guy was as recently as a matter of weeks ago and not say a negative word against the club. 

10 hours ago, jam1869 said:

Who do you expect us to be signing? All of the names in so far, are steady proven pro's at this level. Sanders is the exception. Build a solid spine and try get the flair/goal threat in next. Quite happy so far

I cant say anybody agrees with me but it is my belief that any team woukd need a lot better than "solid" to climb out if the Championship. 

Solid as opposed to weak.  Solid means strong and dependable. I'd sat that is what you want as a defense. I agree you dont necessarily need solid in your front line, perhaps a bit of aggression and flair are the qualities you are after to out manoeuvre other teams solid back line.

9 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I cant say anybody agrees with me but it is my belief that any team woukd need a lot better than "solid" to climb out if the Championship. 

Agreed. Looking at the clubs we will face, they will all be solid. Every game will be a cup final, other teams raising their level against the 'big' club. I'm sure Tommy will get there, but yet to see the kind of signing that's going to make a real difference, put fear into our opponents. 

12 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Agreed. Looking at the clubs we will face, they will all be solid. Every game will be a cup final, other teams raising their level against the 'big' club. I'm sure Tommy will get there, but yet to see the kind of signing that's going to make a real difference, put fear into our opponents. 

Unfortunately with our current postion I think these type of 'difference' signings will come nearer the end, and possibly not in time for the league cup games.

6 minutes ago, Dan1el said:

Unfortunately with our current postion I think these type of 'difference' signings will come nearer the end, and possibly not in time for the league cup games.

This Board owe us, there can be no penny pinching in our recruitment process, we need to have our top eleven in place before the first games, these games need to be won to allow us to get into a rythym. This will create a fresh demand for ST’s before the season start. 

Speculate to accumulate has never been so true at Rugby Park, the fans have so far dug deep, over to you Board. 

35 minutes ago, Dan1el said:

That's a fair assumption. The better players will be gambling on offers in the hope of maximising earnings, we will just need to be patient. 

2 hours ago, Skora11 said:

You really don’t need to have been great at something to be good at coaching it. There are numerous examples of some of the worlds best coaches never having played at a good level (Mourinho, Sarri, Nagelsmann etc). Also many of the best golf coaches in the world never played golf at an elite level. 

We continually have an opinion on football and think we know better than current football managers etc yet having nowhere near the same experience. As much as Colin Doyle was absolutely terrible last season, in the past he has played for his country and at the top level in England. I’m sure he would have worked under some top coaches and would have learned a thing or two.

Ideally would I want him to be signing? Not at all. However, if he is to be signed as a coach (that can play in an emergency) we’ve just got to hope he’s better at coaching than he is at playing now. 

Just look at your last sentence “we’ve got to hope he’s better at coaching than he is at playing now”. 
Oh my god, have we learned nothing from last year? Despite learning how critical that position is we are still prepared to take a flyer on the goalkeeping coach. In addition, only don’t we know if he will be a good coach we do know he isn’t a good player. In fact, if you were to say to the Killie fans who would you least like to be our goalkeeping coach I’m sure Doyle would be fairly close or actually top of the list. 

Colin Doyle, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, Colin Doyle, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo
Colin Doyle, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo
Colin Doyle 

Cannae jump, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo

Cannae jump

And so on

1 minute ago, Killie1984 said:

Colin Doyle, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, Colin Doyle, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo
Colin Doyle, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo
Colin Doyle 

Cannae jump

And so on

Maybe change the doo's to don't's. 

33 minutes ago, CB said:

Bachmann was number 2 to start with. Played against the huns in the league cup, flapped a lot, wasn't seen again 'til November.

Remember seeing him in that Huns game and thinking... if Jamie Mac played we could have gone through, this guys no good enough.

Wow!! How wrong was I! 

Bachmann the best Kilmarnock goalkeeper in my lifetime

6 hours ago, Ngonge88 said:

Remember seeing him in that Huns game and thinking... if Jamie Mac played we could have gone through, this guys no good enough.

Wow!! How wrong was I! 

He was phenomenal, never felt as safe with a keeper since Colin Meldrum.

Joking ofcourse christ.

12 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

Just asking, does anyone actually think Doyle deliberately let those goals and penalties in, he was probably trying his best at a time in his career when he was past his best. 

Last point on this but after the St mirren game  I switched off completely for a rew days but still couldn't get out my head how little effort he made in the shootout. After a week I thought ill watch it again and make a short montage of the five penalties he let in but found that the recording had cut off because it had went beyond the scheduled length of programme. 

So maybe my memory is playing gahes but if I remember correctly he never actually dived for a single penalty, basically just wobbled from side to side. I may be wrong but I have no way of checking. I genuinely believe the vast majority of us on this forum would have made more of an effort than he did. 

Which is one of the reasons I can't imagine him attempting to actually coach a keeper. 

56 minutes ago, fraggle said:

Last point on this but after the St mirren game  I switched off completely for a rew days but still couldn't get out my head how little effort he made in the shootout. After a week I thought ill watch it again and make a short montage of the five penalties he let in but found that the recording had cut off because it had went beyond the scheduled length of programme. 

So maybe my memory is playing gahes but if I remember correctly he never actually dived for a single penalty, basically just wobbled from side to side. I may be wrong but I have no way of checking. I genuinely believe the vast majority of us on this forum would have made more of an effort than he did. 

Which is one of the reasons I can't imagine him attempting to actually coach a keeper. 

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. We try to give the benefit of the doubt to the professionals who actually play the game but that penalty display was genuinely the most depressing effort I've ever seen. It's one thing to have a few blunders here or there and maybe not be the best technical goalkeeper (like Rogers) but I think that was the moment that was really the nail in Doyle's coffin. Although apparently TW might bring him back from the dead. 

Hopefully the extent of his role if he does come back is mainly setting up the GK exercises and organising the training schedule rather than actually being the source of knowledge and wisdom for our new keepers.

22 hours ago, Ngonge88 said:

Wow!! How wrong was I! 

Because of how good Bachmann ended up, people have a bit of a romantic memory of when he was here. The reality was after the Hun game he got a right hard time for not being Jamie MacDonald for quite a long time. There's this guy who sat near me that was on his case constantly to the point where I had to have to mention it to him eventually. Bachmann's big monster kicks that usually ended up with the other goalie got absolute pelters for weeks before people finally came to terms with the fact that he was a far, far superior goalkeeper.

Edited by Fletch

51 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

As people have previously touched upon. There doesn't seem to be many keepers out there that are of the quality required that we can bring in. It is a key position though and was one of the leading factors in us going down. A goalkeeping gaff of which we had plenty can undo all your hard work in an instance. 

Good point, we all know the analogy, if a, striker misses a sitter or a midfielder plays the wrong pass then its frustrating but it doesn't generally cost their team a goal. But it's more than just goalkeeping blunders, the defence have to trust the keeper, numerous times last season a defender would clear for a corner because clearly there was no faith in either of the keepers.