Colin Doyle

SCOOT KFC

Just now, Bobby Street Roll said:

I suspect with Lyle re signed we will only go for one other keeper

I'd be surprised if that was the case. Doyle and Rogers were hopeless and Lyle didn't even get a sniff of the bench never mind the shirt. He's been signed purely because he's on peanuts and could be loaned out in the hope that there's something there.

If we don't bring in two more 'keepers I'd be astonished. 

1 minute ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Doyle and Rogers were hopeless and Lyle didn't even get a sniff of the bench never mind the shirt.

I agree on bringing in two keepers but Lyle wasn’t playing last season because of Covid.

Difficult to bring him in, unlikely as it was, with no match practice. 

I'm no expert but it seems to me, despite numerous "solid" signings, we seem to be putting a blind eye to the telescope here over what was a gaping hole in the squad last year. As a consequence it is unlikely to be anything but a gaping hole again this coming season.

6 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I'm no expert but it seems to me, despite numerous "solid" signings, we seem to be putting a blind eye to the telescope here over what was a gaping hole in the squad last year. As a consequence it is unlikely to be anything but a gaping hole again this coming season.

Why  hecause we havent brought in Buffon in goals...  as ityers have said theres a distinct lack of experienced  keepers around to pick up.  Just because we havent sigjed 2 keepers who are quality doesnt mean we wont.

Give them time ffs.

Haven't seen Lyle but he's a young guy still learning by all accounts. 

I really hope we learn from last years single biggest f**k up and get a proper first choice keeper in. And a competent back up. 

I'm happy with all player recruitment so far but the biggest position has still to be filled. 

We all thought Bachman was coming last season but that didn’t happen.The young guy from England injured himself in the 1st game ( not before a blunder though ) and what would have been our 3rd choice took over.Plenty on here thought he was good enough for a longer contract until the roof fell in and he was found wanting.Very hard to pick up a decent keeper on a permanent deal and certainly a lot harder when your in the championship.More likely to have a loan keeper again in the hope one of the youngsters step up or we manage to stumble across one.

21 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

...what would have been our 3rd choice took over.

Rogers would have been no. 2 to either Bachmann or Eastwood.

A loan keeper is likely to be a bigger club's untested third or fourth choice. Finding a permanent keeper shouldn't be beyond us.

6 minutes ago, skygod said:

A loan keeper is likely to be a bigger club's untested third or fourth choice. Finding a permanent keeper shouldn't be beyond us.

Freddie Woodman was third choice at Newcastle 

13 minutes ago, skygod said:

He was 3rd choice Bachman was 1st choice but that didn’t happen, the young English keeper was signed.Rodgers was the 3rd choice.Even at that he was displaced so that made him 4th choice.3 different keepers picked before him at some point 

Edited by Killiepies