Fraser Murray

Scouser2

1 minute ago, Twonky65 said:

Players who are proven in the premier league that will get us back to that level.

unknowns are exactly that.

naismith and Robinson are tried and tested players who can play at the top,

As are MacKenzie, McGowan and Power and Burke if he signs.

I've deliberately left Haunstrup out because he did little to convince me last season.

1 hour ago, Twonky65 said:

Players who are proven in the premier league that will get us back to that level.

unknowns are exactly that.

naismith and Robinson are tried and tested players who can play at the top,

How many decent Premier league players are going to agree to drop down a league to sign for us?  Robinson spent most of the season on the bench for Livingston and Naismith went out on loan to Morton so neither were exactly pivotal to their old clubs.

I hope they both do well in a Killie shirt but the reality is we need to be doing exactly what TW and JF have been doing - signing players with potential and some experience of the Championship and if we get a couple of players who are out of contract from the Premier league that can do a job for us then that's a bonus.   

I'm really encouraged with the squad being put in place, it's going to be a tough season but if the team can gel together quickly and get off to a good start we can turn what was a real low point last season into a springboard for a resurgent Killie getting back up to the Premier league!

23 minutes ago, killiebythesea said:

How many decent Premier league players are going to agree to drop down a league to sign for us?  Robinson spent most of the season on the bench for Livingston and Naismith went out on loan to Morton so neither were exactly pivotal to their old clubs.

I hope they both do well in a Killie shirt but the reality is we need to be doing exactly what TW and JF have been doing - signing players with potential and some experience of the Championship and if we get a couple of players who are out of contract from the Premier league that can do a job for us then that's a bonus.   

I'm really encouraged with the squad being put in place, it's going to be a tough season but if the team can gel together quickly and get off to a good start we can turn what was a real low point last season into a springboard for a resurgent Killie getting back up to the Premier league!

I assume you mean McGinn? 

5 hours ago, Maverick11 said:

Interesting to note that Hibs have “retained an interest” in order to let him join us

This is something I wish we did more of. Guys who aren't quite good enough for Rangers or Celtic but who could develop somewhere like Kilmarnock - sign them for free but with a hefty sell-on or buy back clause. Think the most high-profile one here was when Paul McGowan went to St Mirren? Happens a lot on the continent though.

5 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

As are MacKenzie, McGowan and Power and Burke if he signs.

I've deliberately left Haunstrup out because he did little to convince me last season.

Still pushing the narrative that Mckenzie is a premiership quality player? 

He’s now playing at his level and I wish him all the best, albeit 5 years too late.

14 hours ago, Maverick11 said:

Interesting to note that Hibs have “retained an interest” in order to let him join us

They will receive a percentage of any future transfer fee.Celtic retained an interest in Hickey and reportedly got 30%.Meanwhile Hearts freed Doig with no such clause 

17 hours ago, Guff92 said:

Still pushing the narrative that Mckenzie is a premiership quality player? 

He’s now playing at his level and I wish him all the best, albeit 5 years too late.

We really don't need to push that narrative re Rory that decision was taken by all our previous managers that he played under ( including SSC btw) that he was suitable for them to select unless of course your are advocating yourself as a better judge of the player than all of them !

2 hours ago, Bbk said:

We really don't need to push that narrative re Rory that decision was taken by all our previous managers that he played under ( including SSC btw) that he was suitable for them to select unless of course your are advocating yourself as a better judge of the player than all of them !

He was a squad player under SC.... and the other managers have been ripped rotten yet folk use them in an attempt to big up Rory.