Brad Lyons

C4mmy31

Brad Lyons wants to lead another promotion push with Killie just weeks after helping Morecambe move on up in England.

The midfielder has agreed a two-year deal with Killie following his summer exit from Blackburn Rovers.

Brad helped Morecambe gain promotion to League One last season and has enjoyed a taste of the Scottish game during a 2019 loan spell with St Mirren.

An emerging talent in his homeland with Coleraine, the Northern Irishman’s form earned him a move to Ewood Park.

Now he wants to play his part in Killie’s promotion bid.

Brad said: “It feels brilliant to be a Kilmarnock player and I’m so thankful to the manager for bringing me to such a big club. He’s really well known and respected in Northern Ireland and it was a no brainer to come and play under him.

“I had a great run with Morecambe and to experience Wembley. It was a great experience and one I’ll never forget and hopefully we can experience promotion here too.

“I’m an all-round midfielder. I don’t mind doing the defensive duties and then trying to get forward as much as possible. Hopefully I can help the team and add more goals to my game.”

Tommy Wright said: “He’s a strong player with plenty of energy and he’s another who is a good age. He had options but this was where he wanted to be so I’m glad to get Brad in.

“He’s a box-to-box midfielder and I do feel that one area that we can help him with is to get him back to what he did in the Irish League, which was score goals.

“He had a good scoring record with Coleraine, had a decent loan at St Mirren and did well at Morecambe last year.”

Good luck to our latest signing…is that new additions into double figures now ?

As expected number of deals worked on over past few weeks finally getting confirmed , lot of getting to know each other when preseason starts , hopefully TW can get the team ready during the next few weeks 

“This is a great opportunity for Brad Lyons.

The midfielder is clearly a talent but has found it incredibly hard to break into the first team fold at Ewood Park.

There’s no shame in that – particularly given that we’ve seen his quality during two successful loan spells with St Mirren and Morecambe last term.

The hope for Lyons now is that he can really settle into life with Kilmarnock and kick on into the player that everyone at Blackburn knows that he can be.”

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/blackburn-rovers-man-leaves-club-after-transfer-agreement-is-confirmed/