England Match Fred

CB

Superb performance. Every single player deserves huge credit for their effort tonight.  Well done to Clarke as well who got it spot on.

Now to get ready for what will surely be another night of tension and agony on Tuesday! 

Just now, Angelo's Ashes said:

It's hard to pick out any individuals.

It was like watching Steve Clarke's Killie with better players. We never lost our shape and everyone knew their role. 

It bodes well for the World Cup qualification campaign as we have a much better idea of our best starting line up. 

It really was an SSC tactical masterclass. SOD was outstanding but every player was great. Wee Billy Gilmour - what a future he has. So unlucky not have won. 

Just now, carpetfitter said:

It really was an SSC tactical masterclass. SOD was outstanding but every player was great. Wee Billy Gilmour - what a future he has. So unlucky not have won. 

A draw might actually be a better result. 

It might be easier knowing that we have to win and going all out for it on Tuesday, rather than playing for a draw. 

1 minute ago, mitch14 said:

Brilliant. That's the Scotland I expected from Clarke. Brilliant performances to a man. Love Mctominay lying down and letting no one past in the box at the end. 

Just great to be looking forward to that next game 

After getting caught in possession early on I thought McTominay was outstanding. 

Billy Gilmour fantastic too.

1 minute ago, Jonboy said:

More than once I remarked how much like a Killie v Rangers game under SSC it was. Great performance and absolutely schooled Southgate.

That's exactly what I thought as well. 

If it had opened up a bit more in the second half we could have sneaked a goal. 

England were fairly defensive for a home game though, with the two holding midfielders playing the full 90.