Rory Appreciation post

anonymous

3 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

I’ll tell you something he would run through brick walls for this club. He’s been loyal and us to him. Deserves his testimonial this year.

For the fans who say he is s**te he has survived 11 managers and featured heavily under them all. Players like Power, Kiltie and others have jumped ship first sign of difficulty. 

Hope he is involved in the captaincy talks would love to see him lift the trophy in May. 

Give it up with the jumped ship crap. Players have the right to leave a club at the end of their contract or if it is agreed between the two clubs. This appears to be the case in the two players you mention. In fact has it not been true in every single case of a player leaving the club this season - everything is correct, perfectly legal and normal practice in the game? 
If you want to blame someday for doing that why don’t you set your eyes on Findlay? He is the only player who left before his contract had ended - but again let’s not bother with facts. 

2 minutes ago, historyman said:

Before you mark it down have a look at the Man of the Match ratings from his own fans. What I’ve said is based on facts over many years. 

Runner up 19/20. Led the standings from August to Feb/March-ish. Finished 1 point behind Power. 3rd in total votes cast, 734. 2nd behind Burke in mom awards. 6 1sts, 6 2nds, 5 3rds. 

8th place 18/19. 1 point off Bachmann. 4th in total votes cast 551. 7th im mom awards. 3-2-2.

7th in 17/18. 8th in total votes cast 273. 12th in mom awards. 1-5-6.

5th in 16/17 

7th in 15/16

7th in 14/15

7th in 13/14

9th in 12/13

Record winning margin 223 votes. Record winning percentage 86.45 vs accies 30/03/19. 

Always wanted Rory to do well, he is one player who always gives everything. 
he also pops up with some real quality on occasion (Dundee United CHip) 

he gets abuse in my opinion because he’s never had a settled position, he can do a job basically everywhere but centre half, fancy he’d have been better than Doyle in a couple games last season aswell. 

you need those types of players that bust a gut and win a tackle or chase a lost cause to get the crowd going.

24 minutes ago, historyman said:

If he is going to get an award it will need to be for staying because it won’t be for what he does on the park. He is a decidedly average player. 

This is an appreciation topic. Take your negativity elsewhere, please.

32 minutes ago, historyman said:

Give it up with the jumped ship crap. Players have the right to leave a club at the end of their contract or if it is agreed between the two clubs. This appears to be the case in the two players you mention. In fact has it not been true in every single case of a player leaving the club this season - everything is correct, perfectly legal and normal practice in the game? 
If you want to blame someday for doing that why don’t you set your eyes on Findlay? He is the only player who left before his contract had ended - but again let’s not bother with facts. 

Rory defo keeps you up at night 

47 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Rory defo keeps you up at night 

Actually If you look at my posts on here I don’t have a problem with Rory and I appreciate what he does for the team but look at where we are now - praising someone simply because they haven’t left the club. Talk about lowering standards. 
And at the same time other players like Power and Kiltie get dog’s abuse for having the temerity to leave. 

He’s really grown on me over the last few seasons. Probably suffers from being one of those ‘utility’ players that you can stick in anywhere. Always useful for a manager to have a few of them, but less so the player who can struggle to stamp an identity on the game. 

Of course he’s not the best players and has limitations, but should be thought of in the same way as the likes of Gary Hay - loyal, honest servant to the club who has never given less than is asked of him. There’s also a bit of Ally Mitchell in there too in that hard-working, decent honest endeavour, which I’ve grown to really quite like and value. 

Deserves more from us. 

1 hour ago, a1killiefan said:

Hope our spell in the Championship doesn't hurt his Trinadad & Tobago chances.

Do Championship teams play on international breaks? Could hurt the club more than Rory if he’s away for ten days and we don’t get the international breaks.