Kris Boyd has 137 goals...

Dillinger

5 hours ago, boydiesback said:

His commitment to killie over the years is unquestionable. He always give 100% and is always talking the rest of the team through the game. Some fans on here, like squirrelhumper,should be ashamed of the guff the spout in his direction. 

It will be a long time till we see a goal scorer like Boyd in killie colours. We should be grateful for the service and goals over the years.

Too many with narrow minded bigoted views on here imo 

Totally agree, where else would Al all time great at any other cub be slaughtered almost constantly by his own fans? 

Definitely venting his frustration at someone/something.
Always loved the big man, and I'm with those who feel he gets too much abuse after all he's done for us.

Hope it's not his last game for us as I feel there's still more goals there, and if he does stay on, I wouldn't put it past him to be our top scorer for the season.

Again. 

1 hour ago, Waverley said:

He's chasing Andy Kerr on the all time table but to be honest isn't anywhere near as good as Handy Andy who was a complete athlete who could play a anywhere; was capped by Scotland as a centre-half!

My late father used to tell me Andy was s**te for most of the game but would pop up when you least expect it to score a goal or two.

If Boyd gets fit again then I can see him being good for the rest of the season.

My gripe with him was the fact he has looked so overweight for most of the games this season, when not looking like he's running in treacle he's moaning at a teammate, he should be leading by example! Erwin could be a good foil for an on form Boyd.

Also the flirting with punditry when your teams abject performances are there for all to see can make him unpopular with the fans.

Edited by Morph

I’d love to know if it was a get it up ye to the fans or an over aggressive celebration as some players do from time to time. 

If it was a get it up ye I’m interested to know why. Had I been in his position I may well do the same. It can’t be easy taking all that criticism. Can he honestly say that any criticism fired at him is unjustified though. A minority do go too far but the majority have valid concerns about his performances on the park and his whoring himself to any media outlet to talk about other clubs or managers in many cases circumstances he doesn’t need to voice an opinion on. 

It will be interesting to see how he gets on in the new regime. 

He's entitled to give it back given the abuse he's received. He came into this season as our only striker and was so far off the pace in fitness he should have been playing three leagues lower. Many aspects of his performance reflected this. 

Up to the big man whether he wants to knuckle down. Get himself fit. Earn his wage and further cement his status here for decades to come or concentrate on talking about Rangers. A fit and sharp Kris Boyd would fire us to safety. I think a lot of the criticism he receives is because we all know he could be so much more. 

Any criticism directed at Boyd by the fans comes from his weight/lack of fitness and also, whilst he is struggling with this, his media work and fascination with all things Rangers. 

Both of these seem perfectly reasonable gripes to me about a professional footballer and senior player at our club. 

If that's enough to put Boyd in the huff then he needs to put his petted lip away. 

Despite his fitness he'll still get double figure goals this season. His goalscoring ability is unquestionable but it's being hampered by his lack of sharpness. Until this season I'd always defind him against his critics. But his GIRGUY yesterday was petulant pish.

I hope Stevie Clarke isn't the pushover LM was in terms of senior pros.

I think the three preceding posts sum up the reasons for the criticism of Boyd.

You can also add those who resent him for leaving for Rangers a second time but that is less valid, I think.

The two occasions which have annoyed me most were missing the Open Day for a TV commitment, and being live on the radio before 8 AM on the day of a match to discuss the Rangers - Celtic game. 

The memory of Tommy Burns has been invoked a lot recently and I think, given the dilemma of such a clash of dates, TB  would have chosen the Open Day all day long. I can almost hear him saying that he "Didn't want to disappoint any kiddies"!

Boyd has earned and has received the respect of the fans and he was phenomenally popular the season his 22 league goals kept us up.

But, for the reasons outlined in the posts above, he has been his own worst enemy since and is largely responsible for any disrespect shown.

Edited by skygod

Think 'celebration' was directed at fans as when subbed he was clapped off by fans but went straight into dugout with no hint of wave/acknowledgement of the applause. This was in contrast to Taylor who applauded fans all way off pitch and again standing at dugout when subbed.

Boyd been getting lot of flak, he has done so much for the club in previous years but given his performances and teams this season the criticism so far is justified. Would happily have him direct a girfuy celebration at us EVERY week if he is scoring !

It's clear that Boyd and a few others have been slacking and taking advantage of an ineffective managerial regime when it comes to fitness. 

Disappoitning for them as professionals to have this attitude. I would have hoped that they would have had more pride in how they perform but they're not the only football players who need to be managed with a lot more discipline.

From what we hear of Clarke's reputation lack of fitness certainly won't be an issue going forward. 

Like others I also think this will be Boyd's last season with us and without his old pals in place anymore I don't see him moving into a coaching role with us. 

Just another example of how Boyd and others are detached from the fans. If we were top six and winning games or even showing the potential to improve I don't think Boyd's fitness/ media (sevco) duties would be receive such criticism. We were rooted to the bottom of the table putting in inept performances for which the entire team is responsible. Would the fans of his beloved Govan bigots be any different?? He still gets an easy ride from some on here who consider those who dare criticise "keyboard warriors"  that's utter wank. 

8 hours ago, Shug2930 said:

Any criticism directed at Boyd by the fans comes from his weight/lack of fitness and also, whilst he is struggling with this, his media work and fascination with all things Rangers. 

Both of these seem perfectly reasonable gripes to me about a professional footballer and senior player at our club. 

If that's enough to put Boyd in the huff then he needs to put his petted lip away. 

Despite his fitness he'll still get double figure goals this season. His goalscoring ability is unquestionable but it's being hampered by his lack of sharpness. Until this season I'd always defind him against his critics. But his GIRGUY yesterday was petulant pish.

I hope Stevie Clarke isn't the pushover LM was in terms of senior pros.

Absolutely spot on.

I find it strange that somebody who is trying to make a career out slagging fellow pro's/talking about Rangers in the press, takes offence at folk 1) slagging him for it and 2) folk having a pop at him for being nowhere near fit.

If that is indeed the case then he might want to reassess his career path.

18 hours ago, boydiesback said:

His commitment to killie over the years is unquestionable. He always give 100% and is always talking the rest of the team through the game. Some fans on here, like squirrelhumper,should be ashamed of the guff the spout in his direction. 

It will be a long time till we see a goal scorer like Boyd in killie colours. We should be grateful for the service and goals over the years.

Too many with narrow minded bigoted views on here imo 

Deary me.

Bigoted views? Get a grip.

Ashamed? Not in the slighted.

Did you need hankies after writing that post?

17 hours ago, lekovic said:

Well said mate, some of the abuse he gets on here and at the games is laughable. One things for sure I bet those particular supporters were celebrating yesterday when he opened the scoring. Short memories indeed!

Why wouldn't Killie fans not celebrate a Killie goal?

Same way we never celebrated him missing sitters? Or do you just forget those?

16 hours ago, Dillinger said:

Nah, the guys that dish out absolute pelters, and booed when he got subbed on the other week, need to be able to take it back as well as dish it out. 

Fans have this unreasonable expectation that abuse is a one way thing with footballers. Think if that's what Boyd was doing then he has every right to do a GIRUY. Must be satisfying 

Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I've never booed him, not once. Been critical on here but never booed him at games.

Boyd gives out plenty of flack to others online/in the press, so as far as I'm concerned he's not immune to getting it back after games etc on here.

we seem to have the same sort of tit for tat "argument" every time there is a Boyd topic or his name is even mentioned in any other thread 

there are those fans who think due to his very impressive goal record at our Club that he should be above any criticism from the fans of our club----any at all -- that is their right to have that opinion

then there are those who believe a player with his talents should be fitter- be doing more for the team and not be at the beck and call to turn up at any media outlet to talk inanely about another club in the same league as his main Employer

not sure why then folk start name calling any fan who has a different opinion to themselves 

Edited by Scouser2