Kris Boyd has 137 goals...

Dillinger

51 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

It just seemed a bit strange after the "all good things must come to an end" post on Saturday night.....

True, that might have some significance.

Tell will tell I suppose!

I'd be amazed if he's calling it a day due to folk being critical of his fitness/media stuff. As @cammy_boy said, it would be more than that if true.

I think folk are reading into it too much.

Perhaps he's on the piss take. The general opinion was Killie was a holiday camp for the likes of Boyd, Burke, Broadfoot, Power and now its over. 

I have my doubts he’d call it quits now. It damages his reputation and there are plenty in the media like Sutton and Michael Stewart to name two who wouldn’t be slow to ask why he wrapped it when the going potentially got tough. I still believe he’d like to go out on a high. That may well be just hitting double figures or keeping us well clear of relegation but he won’t want to go out with stats similar to our last few seasons. 

I also doubt Steve Clarke would be willing to let him walk away at this point. Unless of course he could get someone else in. It’s unlikely he’d want to go through until January with Erwin and Brophy as our only first team strikers and Cameron as backup.

On bbc sport sound right now and speaking well of the club and stevie clarke. Mentioned when probed by English and Stewart about negativity around club and then urged the fans to come out and support. Said about possibly investers and season ticket sales after MJ was gone but things have stayed the same. He is right. There is a feel good factor around the club just now andd it would be a shame for us fans not to do our part.

Ps I wish we had a home game this week, to give the manager our support.

On 15/10/2017 at 7:00 PM, Trojan76 said:

Totally agree, where else would Al all time great at any other cub be slaughtered almost constantly by his own fans? 

Yes I agree ---- but his body language on Saturday was f**king out of order --------- remember most footballers who grace ipox end up brain done in with bigotry ---- so if boydy is upset with his pal mculloch being let go well he can f**k off aswell 

At least with the fans reacting to Clarke the way they have Boyd knows he’s onto plums if he tries to force the managers hand by going in the huff.

I kinda see it in the same way as Rooney at Man U (stick with me on this) he’s undoubtedly a legend and has been great for killie in the past but all players get to a point where they either pull their weight or need to go. Boyd could be great for the remainder of the season or he can skulk off because his manager expects him to put in a shift. It would be sad to see his legacy tarnished with the latter.

Maybe I'm just a glass-half-full kinda guy, but I took the gesture just as pure relief on getting a goal in a crucial match and trying to gee up the support. 

As for "All good things must come to an end", I took that as a joke with him being part of a management team with a 100% win ratio for a one-off game. 

No?

Listened to the BBC podcast there. I thought Boyd spoke very well about the club and with a real positivity for the future. Even for an experienced pro who has played in Europe, won leagues, cups and represented his country there seemed to be a genuine excitement about working with Clarke

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

Boyd on Sportsound criticising Caixinha, the Rangers team and Individual players.

This can't be right.

No, you must be mistaken. It's not like Boyd to venture a negative opinion about another SPFL team in the days before we are scheduled to play them  

3 minutes ago, skygod said:

• 2 weeks later...