Is it too early to pick a team for East Kilbride?

KillkieBoab

All depends on TW's preferred system I suppose but the following looks like a decent starting line-up.

Hemming

Naismith                Stokes                      E. Murray               Haunstrup

McGinn                    Alston

Burke                                         Lyons                          Armstrong

Robinson

Subs: Lyle, McGowan, Waters, Sanders, McKenzie, F. Murray, Cameron, Connell and Brindley

2 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

From ehat we have just now

Hemmings

Naismith Stokes Murray   

McGowan                                  haunstrup

McGinn       Lyons

Armstrong           Burke         Murray

Robinson

I thought the crowd were meant to be the 12th man?

Hemming 

Naismith Murray Stokes Haunstrup 

Burke McGinn Rory Murray 

Robinson Cameron  

Lyle, McGowan, Waters, Sanders, Alston, Armstrong, Connell, Brindley, Warnock.

Looking at that we need to replace Power and 2 starting Strikers for me. GK too.

Edited by Souleycouley93

1 hour ago, Ngonge88 said:

Id be tempted to play Burke in the 10 role 

He looks lost there anytime we’ve tried it. I get the impression he hates it. Prefers being out wide where he can find spaces, get crosses in or cut inside for chances. Would be very surprised to see that change. 

The goalkeeper picks itself, while the defence is the hardest part in one area to pick. While the CB pairing itself is obvious and Naismith I think is our best RB I had a hard time choosing who to pick for LB. I went for Haunstrup in the end (Originally I planned to try and pick a back three which would have made Naismith and Haunstrup WB). Just purely for him being slightly better offensively IMO than Waters.

In midfield, I wanted to make use of wingers to support the attack and opted against having a designated CAM in favour of having two strikers upfront. This left me with only the CM pairing to decide, I ended up going for McGinn and Lyons. I don't know enough about their playstyles tbh to designate specific roles but on paper, I think they look to be the best pairing. 

We don't have many options up front so at the moment it is a marriage of convenience, would ideally have someone else up with big Innes but for the moment Robinson is the best player to play off him and try and win second balls and harry defences into making mistakes.  

lineup.png

9 hours ago, Bullitt said:

Haunstrup shouldn’t be anywhere near a Kilmarnock shirt. 

I 100% agree with you but he seems to polarise our support. Everybody watched him be pish consistently throughout last season. Half the people concluded he is pish. Half the people seemed to have already decided that "there's a player in there somewhere trying to get out" and have stuck by that with no evidence to back it up.