Work being done at the stadium

Cass316

30 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Now that would be smart in every stand and do away with banks of empty seats and improve the atmosphere. 

It fulfils a purpose in the Moffat but I don’t see BB just adding cladding for the sake of reducing capacity. Plus reducing capacity in the away end doesn't work if Celtic and Sevco only get one stand in future.

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Rent them out as office space in the East and use them for away boxes in the Chadwick. 

The East is already a few rows less than the ends, before you even consider the truncated bit. The fan impact of these types of structures would be far worse there. 

Whilst I understand why the club have built their own offices into the Moffat, I  think small sized commercial office space accessible only via 60-odd exposed concrete steps is a very hard sell.

48 minutes ago, Dotaman said:

The East is already a few rows less than the ends, before you even consider the truncated bit. The fan impact of these types of structures would be far worse there. 

Whilst I understand why the club have built their own offices into the Moffat, I  think small sized commercial office space accessible only via 60-odd exposed concrete steps is a very hard sell.

To comply with disability laws some kind of lift or other access means would have to be fitted.

4 hours ago, Dotaman said:

With a business address of Rugby Park, Kilmarnock?  The location would probably make up for everything else - to some at least!

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

So, the boxes in the Moffat are temporary, until this gets built? And, we're blowing the wall out right up to the access road at Dundonald Place.

I enjoyed the bit where concerns were raised about crossing a synthetic surface to get in/out of the stands. Must've been a Rangers fan. If you're a member of the DSA you cross a corner of the 'main pitch' surface to get in to the FB. Nae injuries, but it's murder if you're in a wheelchair. Apparently.

I used to have one of the wheelchair spaces at the front of the Frank Beattie stand next to the home dugout. used to get a decent view from there but very exposed to the wind and rain,and that's just the summer months!  As far as I can gather there will be no wheelchair spaces in the FB from now on and we will be relocated to a new viewing platform in the Moffat stand which will be less exposed to inclement weather.   

2 hours ago, CB said:

So, the boxes in the Moffat are temporary, until this gets built? And, we're blowing the wall out right up to the access road at Dundonald Place.

I enjoyed the bit where concerns were raised about crossing a synthetic surface to get in/out of the stands. Must've been a Rangers fan. If you're a member of the DSA you cross a corner of the 'main pitch' surface to get in to the FB. Nae injuries, but it's murder if you're in a wheelchair. Apparently.

If there is a wide enough route around the new pitches, when exiting the two stands, then why open the pitches area at all?

Theres plenty grounds where you have to walk around to get in and out of the place.  And imo there could be a dedicated route for the DSA too.

Edited by Beaker71

1 minute ago, Beaker71 said:

If there is a wide enough route around the new pitches, when exiting the two stands, then why open the pitches area at all?

Theres plenty grounds where you have to walk around to get in and out of the place.

Turnstiles under the office bit for the Moffat, but, they'll just open the big exit gates to get out, and most'll want to walk a straight line out.

Screenshot_2021-07-01-20-29-33_1.jpg